Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slightly worried..

+3
abbie
Lauren87
VickixxxLola
7 posters

Go down

Slightly worried.. Empty Slightly worried..

Post by VickixxxLola 6th October 2011, 7:24 pm

Hey, I'm having an anchor lift with implants end of the month. only problem is I have a very active and hectic 2 year old daughter ,,, will I be ok to look after her? I'm having surgery on the Sunday and on the Monday when I come home my other half has taken the day off but that's it.. there's no way e can have ne more time off so not an option.. I have no other friends or family able to take her off my hands... shell be at nursery the tues afternoon but on weds I've got her all day, and the Thursday she goes nursery in afternoon again .. thinking I'm gonna have to just make the most o them two afternoons.. but I'm seeing in the forums about people struggling even clothes shopping after a couple of weeks after a straightforward BA... having the lift aswell which is much more invasive realistically am I gonna be able to cope... I suppose I'm just gonna have to get on with it but has anyone else got young kids that have had one.. I'm worried shell jump on me and seriously hurt me, or that I'll feel so tired and run down I'll struggle to care for her properly :-( I want this op so bad my boobs have depressed me for the last 2 years but panic is setting in... how do people usually feel after this op? I'm quite strong and have just got on with things in all sorts of states of illness and hangovers lol but this is scarin me abit!!!
thanks Vicki xxx help
VickixxxLola
VickixxxLola
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Slightly worried.. Empty Re: Slightly worried..

Post by Lauren87 6th October 2011, 7:38 pm

Hi vicki,

I had a straight forward BA under the muscle and I honestly thought I'd be able to look after my kids fine. I was wrong! Mine at time of op were 10 month, 5, and 8. It was my 10 month old I really couldn't manage and everyday household things.

My Hubby had 5 days off and I has help the week after to I was doing it all int own at 12 days but ended up doing myself damage so now I'm back yo needing help and it's going to take me a lot longer to recover.

I would definitely say it depends on how independent your 2 year old is. I know mine wasn't a lift so not sure what your going to be like after that but I couple even open a bottle of juice for the first few days to do my kids a drink let alone make them food. My upper arm muscles just wouldn't work.

Sorry dont want to sound so negative just thought I'd share with you how I found it because I wish I'd been more prepared.

Wishing you the best of luck huni!
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 6th October 2011, 7:43 pm

quite frankly no, you WILL need more help than that, and if your other half cant get more time off, then i would really seriously consider postponing your op until he can

Thats probably not what you want to hear sorry x
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 6th October 2011, 7:53 pm

Abbie is right im afraid!

You will need ALOT more help then that hun.......at the very least your hubby should be around for a week and if not longer as I still struggled to move for the 1st 2 weeks.

If you go home and look after your active little 2 year old 2 days after your op not only will you not cope but you will not heal, you need to rest and looking after a 2 year old so soon after your op isnt really resting is it?

If you dont rest it will only lead to healing problems which will drag your recover out longer so you need to have someone with you if your hubby cant take time of work.......

I had 4 children aged 1, 5 and 2 at 9 years old and had my hubby of for 1 week then my dad for week 2.......they helped lift my little one out of her cot and looked after her and even helped me get dressed in the 1st week and wash my hair!

I went back to lifting her out of her cot at 2 weeks post op and pulled my stiches and caused a mondors cord which left me not being able to move for a further 2-3 daysSlightly worried.. 869500

Having this kinda op is hard on you anyway with out having to also look after a 2 year old 2 days after......

Im sorry if im going on but its just not being realistic and I honestly dont think youll cope........Slightly worried.. 571992

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by VickixxxLola 6th October 2011, 8:17 pm

o my gawd.. well,. She's quite independent, she sleeps in a bed etc, and I don't pick her up any more .. I'm thinking I'm going to ask the nursery to have her full time that week, then by the end of the week let them know if it'll be full-time the week after as wel.. it's about a 45 second walk up the road away, my other half leaves at 6am so I'll have to just get her dressed and take her there, then he can pick her up on the way home... I'll be ok on my own during day though right...? other half can wash me hair n make dinner etc after work lol ...
xxx
VickixxxLola
VickixxxLola
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th October 2011, 6:59 am

it sounds like youve made up your mind, but youre really underestimating that first week. Are you having unders or overs?
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 8th October 2011, 7:45 am

It really doesn't sound like you have made enough provisions- The thought of having to do what you have planned scares me!! You really don't want to have the surgery, spend all the money, to end up with botched results due to not allowing the healing process. I read the other day that you can't legally drive for 72 hours post general anaestic.... so in my mind it not safe to be alone with a young child, that's without even considering the surgery!!
I have 2 children, 6 and 3 in december, and I know that realistically I am not going to be able to do much for them. General watching them yes- but dressing, making food, drinks etc I know will not happen.
I agree with the other comments- perhaps you should consider postponing your op to when you can have someone around to help you. Even dressing your child to go to nursery may be a struggle?
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by VickixxxLola 8th October 2011, 10:22 am

Noooo nothin is stopping me having this surgery! and since my last update iv got childminder picking Lola up at 7.30 everyday for the first week. then her dad pick her up at half 5 on the way home, I'll miss her :-( but means all I gotta do is get up with her make her some toast or cereal and get her dressed (may get other half to get her dressed before he leaves for work
VickixxxLola
VickixxxLola
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 8th October 2011, 10:30 am

Ah sounds like a much better solution!!!! Good luck!!!
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by VickixxxLola 8th October 2011, 10:45 am

thanks , and thanks for everyones comments I did listen as have done what I've done to solve but I am determined to get this surgery and nothings stopping me lol xx
VickixxxLola
VickixxxLola
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 8th October 2011, 11:12 am

Might want to get your other half to make her breakfast to as buttering toast will ne impossible for the first few days or opening milk. Your arms just won't work.

Good luck x
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th October 2011, 12:14 pm

sounds like a much better plan. Will still be tough, but sounds a bit more manageable, but try and get your OH to get her dressed before you go.
Id also get things in like brioche rolls or (healthy) cereal bars for breakfast that you dont have to prepare. If you feel more capable, then its a bonus, but i really felt handicapped the first few days, and as others have said, overdoing it, compromises the healing process
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 8th October 2011, 7:50 pm

I'd make sure you have cereal box on the counter - you can't be reaching up high into cupboards the first few days!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by VickixxxLola 8th October 2011, 7:58 pm

Thanks girls, glad I found this forum or I would have tried to power through! lol xxx
VickixxxLola
VickixxxLola
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 8th October 2011, 8:29 pm

hey hun, i really hope u find it all okay. just been reading through it, n i was just gona suggest to get ur 2 year old in full time nursery that week...youll be glad u did! Before your op, try n get lots of meals pre-prepared and frozen so u dont have to be peeling (that stills pulls my muscles!) and stirring and picking up heavy jars...trust me...things like this seem abit silly now but its just abit too much effort!
hope u get on hun, lease dont panic, just gettn everything ready now n u can relax... xxxxx Hug
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down