Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help i'm borderline!

+7
Samantha01
kinkyboots33
gemari
suzyb
abbie
butterfly7713
millie10
11 posters

Go down

Help i'm borderline! Empty Help i'm borderline!

Post by millie10 7th September 2011, 7:19 pm

Hi i'm just looking for a little advice from some ladies that have had surgery or made the decision already....

Went for my surgeons consult today and was not sure whether it would be a ba or a ba and uplift.... now am no better off. The surgeon said I am a borderline case - either procedure would be ok to have. He said he can perform either for me and can't tell me how either will turn out. Feel totally confused now. I want to have fuller (not necessarily bigger) boobs and now have no idea which option to pick, i'm 32 and have a child that I breastfed.

Any other ladies been told they were borderline? Would really appreciate any advice x
millie10
millie10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Help i'm borderline! Empty Re: Help i'm borderline!

Post by butterfly7713 7th September 2011, 8:42 pm

Hi,

I have had an uplift with 390 unders due to weightloss and kids so I definately needed the lift without a doubt. If I were borderline though I think I woul most definately go for the lft as well as I have read quite a few cases where girls were borderline and didn't go for the lift and regretted it. You may be absolutely fine without the lift hun but being borderline I wouldn't risk it, just my opinion though xx

The scars arn't as bad as you think and are definately worth if for the results an uplift gives.

Wish you all the best x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th September 2011, 6:17 am

i was borderline, and just got implants originally, but it looked **naughty word**, and i then needed to go for a re-op to have an uplift.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by millie10 8th September 2011, 6:48 am

Oh why oh why couldn't I be blessed with nice boobies??? The doc gave me option of uplift with 300cc or implants of 410 or 460. How much difference does the lift make? I've got empty (no better way to describe it) breasts but i'm not unhappy with where my nipples are... Is the healing time very different?

Thanks for the replies ladies helps so much knowing others have been through the same and can share what they've had xx
millie10
millie10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyb 8th September 2011, 7:50 am

I was advised to have lift and ignored my ps advice - I so regret that now!!! I would definately go for the lift (it will also be cheaper to have done together as apposed to seperate)...Im 6 weeks post op and have saggy boob at the end of each breast...my PS wants to see me in Nov to assess further surgery. When I was told originally I was really shocked as I hadnt even thought I was a case for an uplift...and did not do enough research - in hind sight I would have had the lift and gone as big as I possibly could - becasue I think if you dont have the lift they are restricted in the size they can give you to avoid the weight causing more droopiness. I had a Bi-planer (dual) BA - which means have the implant is under the muscle to give volume at top and the other half is over the muscle to help fill out the bottom of the breast. Maybe get a second option, but really research and think hard before making your final decision - it will be so worth it in the end - good luck x hoping to post some pics on weekend so you can have a look to see my results.
suzyb
suzyb
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 8th September 2011, 8:35 am

My Nurse said that I'm borderline, still need to see my surgeon, but if given the option I'm going for an uplift too. I don't want to have to go back in a couple of years and pay for a separate uplift, which I'll probably need from the weight of the implants. I'd rather get it right 1st time. Plus it's cheaper when you get them done together xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 8th September 2011, 8:39 am

Forgot to add I've breastfed 3 kids so I know the empty look you mean :) I think it does take a little while longer too recover from an uplift, but because your borderline it may just mean getting a nipple lift which I think doesn't take too much longer to recover from, but I'm sure some ladies on here who have had the procedure will be able to tell you more xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyb 8th September 2011, 12:05 pm

I think also over time BA boobs also naturally sag so by having a lift now would protect you for the future if your boarderline now x
suzyb
suzyb
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by millie10 8th September 2011, 12:43 pm

Thanks so much for the detailed reply Suzy, really helps to hear what other people have done. My surgeon did suggest a ba with nipple lift - not sure how much difference this would make but am going to see him for another chat on Saturday.

Maybe it seems silly but i'm probably going to have another child at some point (in the best relationship and want to share parenthood with him) and was leaning towards the idea of having the lift after baby comes along. Would be gutted to have the lift now and then after baby to be back where I am now.
millie10
millie10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 9th September 2011, 8:24 pm

if your borderline i would advise you having a lift, especially if your having unders/dual plane.

i was borderline and had 340 dual plane and now been left with double bubble (a couple of ladies above described it) it really isnt a good look. I could have went for overs to avoid the bubble but i guess i would have ended up with the "ball in a sock" look.

whether you need a lift or not really depend how much loose skin you have and if your nipple drops below your crease?

dont think i would have a lift then have more children though Help i'm borderline! 267328 they could very well end up saggy again if you go big in pregnancy?

maybe just a smaller implant place over the muscle would do you for a few yrs till after the baby making?
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha01 10th September 2011, 12:01 am

I wasn't borderline, but if i was.. i'd have still gone for the lift. Especially if it fullness that you want (that was my aim also).. good luck making your decision x x x x
Samantha01
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 10th September 2011, 5:58 am

sometimes an over the muscle placement of a large implant can reduce the need for a lift, but you already said you dont like your nipple placement. Thats only going to be exaggerated with bigger boobs.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by millie10 10th September 2011, 11:12 am

I've got a second appointment with ps today so fingers crossed it leaves me a bit less confused. After tons of reading on here and looking at endless pictures online i'm leaning towards ba and nipple lift.

This site helps so much!
millie10
millie10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 10th September 2011, 8:45 pm

do lift now sweetheart, saves u doing it later and the two procedures are cheaper together. if ur borderline, chances are you'll need it done later. I'm having uplift and unders at the beginning of october. Apparently the uplift is amazing.
Good luck sweet
xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 12th September 2011, 8:38 pm

hey hun, i can relate, i was borderline, but my surgeon never gave me th option of a lift...it just wasnt discussed. I had dual plane too. i do love my boobs but i think i could have got a better outcome with a lift. I wud have gone for it if the decision was up to me but he made it clear a ba was fine. i have slight db on one boob, and the nipples r a little low. but generally theyr not too bad.

I WUD DEF HAVE THE LIFT THO!! you may aswell do it all now together n it wil cost less too. Also, if you have another baby, may be worth waiting till after, buit im no expert in that dept hun xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by millie10 13th September 2011, 5:06 pm

Hi jen, i'm all booked up for op after a second consult with ps. Opted for a ba with nipple lift after lots of time worrying about it all. It was me that asked about a lift to start with as I feel my boobs are hideous and very empty. BUT I have to say after reading lots on here and seeing tons of pics that i'm not actually as bad as I thought I was - now that's a breakthrough!

One of these days I might get brave enough to put some pre ba pics on but still not quite there yet.

Oh and I think you look great!
millie10
millie10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 3rd October 2011, 11:03 am

aww thanks hun :) well its an diff story for me...i look at others pre op pics n think, mine r def worse!!! lol xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by millie10 3rd October 2011, 12:16 pm

Awww that's horrible jen, personally I think your boobs look fantabulous. Mine are still pretty terrible but only for 5 more days.... hopefully after that i'll love my new boobies x did you sort your pics out hun?
millie10
millie10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 3rd October 2011, 9:33 pm

Hi,
I have been told I'm borderline... and have had different diagnosis and opinions on what I need... I did consider just going for BA.. but have booked a nipple lift/doughnut lift (still unsure if this is technically the same?!) with an implant to give me a better position, size, firmness... HOPEFULLY!!! So many girls I know that have had implants and not needed an uplift, have grown into wanting an uplift after a few years... so I decided to just go for it!!!
I will be following your progress Millie to see how it all goes if that is ok.... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 6th October 2011, 9:04 am

thanks millie10, the look ok in the pic...diff story naked! ive decided to lodge an official complaint as im really not happy with my outcome! xxxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raddy34 6th October 2011, 11:05 am

i was told i would have to have a full lift with having breastfed three children the fullness had gone from the top so im goin for 390 lp i think i was so upset as they have paid such a big part in my life with how i feel about myself i thought i would go to see the surgeon and he would say right wat size implant an that was thatxim really worring about scarring but no its soo going to be worth it feeling womanly again not aving to wear padded bra's cant wait to buy some nice lacey underwear xx
raddy34
raddy34
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 8th October 2011, 8:12 am

I was a bit like that before I went for 1st consult- I hadn't done much looking around atp pics- apart from the extremes that most companies use on their websites- so I didn't know how bad my boobs were- whether they required a lift, or just BA. I have had mixture of info- seen 4 good/highly qualifed/BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons, and 1 said no lift, 1 said periareolar lift/2 said anchor lift. I have decided to go for the periareolar as it suits me with scaring, and he was the surgeon I felt best with BY FAR. 1 thing I will sa, is I have seen photos of ladies that have just had BA when a lift was needed, and although boobs look good in a bra afterwards, the shape, and the position of the nipple is not good- so if the surgeon says you need a lift, have the lift. I have a few friends that have had a BA alone, without needing a lift, but after a few years thet want a lift, I figure it's best to do it at once!!!!
Go for a few consults to get a few suggestions and more info.
x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down