Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

washing my surgery bra...?

+6
Rachy87
tinkabell23
moongal
fuzzy
sequinssparkle
sarah90
10 posters

Go down

washing my surgery bra...? Empty washing my surgery bra...?

Post by sarah90 22nd August 2011, 8:38 pm

Hey everyone, I had my ba on wednesday and i'm really unclear about what to do with my supportive bra.
I really hate taking it off, only done it twice so far to wash that area, i've even kept it on in my shallow bath! (not getting it wet of course!) I really think I should wash it or something, terrified of getting an infection.
I have to wear it for a month. How often did you guys wash yours and what did you do whilst it was drying? I hate having it off and it'll take hours to dry :(
I doubt I can put it in the dryer. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks xxx
sarah90
sarah90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

washing my surgery bra...? Empty Re: washing my surgery bra...?

Post by sequinssparkle 22nd August 2011, 8:47 pm

U mean sports bra? I had two one wash and one wear. Hanwashed mine. The feeling if them falling out will go but yeah it's important to wash bras everyday as bacteria abd dead skin. Hope this helps
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy 22nd August 2011, 9:01 pm

Yeah thats what I was going to do, buy two so I could wear one while ones being washed. Resent having to spend £38 on a proper 1950's lookin nana bra like but I suppose it'll be worth it to get the girls in good order! washing my surgery bra...? 113752
fuzzy
fuzzy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah90 22nd August 2011, 9:04 pm

Well it's a huge bra, does up at the front and back and has massive velcro bands over it. I only got one, so I just don't know what to do because it will take that long to dry and I don't think a normal sports bra would give me the support if I was wearing them vice versa. :( I really do need to wash it though, so scared of something happening.
sarah90
sarah90
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah90 22nd August 2011, 9:05 pm

fuzzy wrote:Yeah thats what I was going to do, buy two so I could wear one while ones being washed. Resent having to spend £38 on a proper 1950's lookin nana bra like but I suppose it'll be worth it to get the girls in good order! washing my surgery bra...? 113752

Hi fuzzy! Can you buy these bras anywhere? I don't actually know what the proper name for it is. xx
sarah90
sarah90
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by moongal 23rd August 2011, 3:14 am

Hi there! Don't worry, Sarah, it's okay to take it off for short periods of time. Also, it may not hurt to buy 2 so you can wash one and wear the other.

I always hear about people worried about infection. I think it's a valid concern, but at least here in the US we get IV antibiotics plus an oral course of antibiotics for 7 days after. I would be surprised if the UK didn't offer the same treatment. Antibiotics really lower the risk of infection, so it shouldn't really be such a huge concern if you've had IV and have adhered to your oral antibiotic regimen (IMO, of course). xxoxoxo
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkabell23 23rd August 2011, 11:01 am

Hi huni, definatly invest in another bra for swap an change, that way you'll have the support you need an it dosent have to be a really expensive one just one for while the other ones getting washed, I had antibiotics for my first 7 days an my scars were covered, so you should be fine :) gota say I'm very attached to my Macom bra lol won't want a real bra xxx
tinkabell23
tinkabell23
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachy87 23rd August 2011, 11:08 am

Hi Sarah, I had 2 post surgery bras, but one of them didn't fit properly so I only wore one of them. I hated taking it off as it felt so weird, so when I had to wash it I found the quickest method was to hand wash it in the sink. To dry it quickly I put it on a towel on the floor, then folded the towel over the top so it was 'sandwiched' in the towel, then I stood all over it. This soaked up most of the wetness, then I just hung it outside to dry off completely, which only took about 10-15 mins in the sun. If the weather's bad, just use a hairdryer. The whole process took under half an hour. Xx
Rachy87
Rachy87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd August 2011, 11:08 am

Sweetie, if you buy a 'HIGH IMPACT' support bra it will give your breasts full support, you can't continue to wear a dirty bra for 6 weeks or whatever time you've been told to wear it, try going to Debenhams and ask them to fit you into a high impact sports bra.

They wont blink an eye sweetness so you'll be OK, once you have your 2 bras which you NEED hun, you can then wash one, wear one. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 23rd August 2011, 7:08 pm

Has anyone in the US an idea of where to get a surgical bra? I can't for the LIFE of me find a sportsbra that doesn't go over the head!!! washing my surgery bra...? 43877
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 23rd August 2011, 7:11 pm

I found them online, but idk if it'll make it to me in time!!!
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd August 2011, 7:22 pm

alexandra33 wrote:Has anyone in the US an idea of where to get a surgical bra? I can't for the LIFE of me find a sportsbra that doesn't go over the head!!! washing my surgery bra...? 43877

Awww I'm sorry sweetie, I hadn't realised when I responded that you lived over the pond. washing my surgery bra...? 869500

Are there any sports shops you can go to? you should be able to purchase a high impact sportsbra there babe. they should also have changing rooms too so you could try a few on till you find one that both supportive and comfortable.

If you need help with fitting a bra, this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may help you sweetie. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 23rd August 2011, 7:29 pm

Thanks so much Cookie - I will definitely try a sporting store...

My PS's nurse told me that the object (for his office, at least) was very gentle support, not binding, and if it felt uncomfortably tight, that taking it off and wearing nothing was better than having it tight.

So I'm going to have to wait until after the op and make sure I don't get one that's too tight!!!

I'm so excited though I want everything to be ready for me when I get home.washing my surgery bra...? 899188
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd August 2011, 7:35 pm

Bless your heart, I'm the same, I like to be organised too.

Could you call your surgeon or Email him and ask what your possible resulting size might be, then you could buy a couple of bras of different sizes around the guestimated size your surgeon gave you, you can always take the unused bras back if you keep the receipt, so at least you are prepared.... or, if you got your surgical bra from your clinic, they may have another there to sell you?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 23rd August 2011, 7:38 pm

That's a great idea! I bet they'd love to get another 30-50 bucks from me LOL - and it would make me feel better to get it from my PS.

I'll ask them

The alternative is also good - unforch I am so bad about returning stuff, I have a pair of skinny jeans that I bought before last Christmas in the back of my trunk still "on the way back to the store" haha

I can't get enough of this website - you are all so supportive and helpful!! It's eased my mind so much!!

xxxxx ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd August 2011, 7:42 pm

LOL at you not returning stuff washing my surgery bra...? 199385 glad you're feeling alittle happier anyway. washing my surgery bra...? 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 23rd August 2011, 7:48 pm

cookie- could u suggest other places to buy the bras that are slightly cheaper as i have 2 of the macoom or however its spelt but want 2 more just for inbetween washes u know what i mean? and don't wanna spend that much again lol
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by starsfade 24th August 2011, 2:26 pm

Just wanna say great fast bra wash advice rach lol

I had 4 bras but only one that was supportive and comfy and I knew that in a few days I'd be a different size so didnt want to buy another.

I too did the handwash and hairdryer trick and it worked out fine - i wore a tight vest (sports one) while i washed it and once or twice the too small bra. All I'll say is, be carefuly what soap/detergent you use to wash the bra as it may irritate the inscision sites/skin because its extra sensitive. i used alow vera handwash soap, very hot water and then a little conditioner (hair stuff) for my bra (It smelled lovely)

xxxx
starsfade
starsfade
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah90 24th August 2011, 2:47 pm

Thanks for all the advice everyone - your drying advice was great rach. :)
starsfade- i used handwash too, but a drop of fabric conditioner, hopefully this won't be too strong, i only used a teeny bit. :)
I ended up buying a normal bra but a very soft one with thick straps (quite old fashioned looking one) with no underwire. I was measured at 34E over my clothes so bought a 32D, but I only wear this whilst I wash/dry my surgery bra for an hour, just something to keep my boobs in whilst I wait haha! xxx
sarah90
sarah90
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by starsfade 24th August 2011, 3:49 pm

Sounds like a good plan Mrs ;-) xxx
starsfade
starsfade
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down