Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How/Why did you choose who to consult with?

+4
Karen1982
sarahdawn31
misf1
Nepoly
8 posters

Go down

How/Why did you choose who to consult with? Empty How/Why did you choose who to consult with?

Post by Nepoly 4th August 2011, 9:43 pm

Hi How/Why did you choose who to consult with? 399357

I am very new to this site and have found everyone so lovely!

I am still researching everything at the moment and am interested to know why and how you chose who to have your consultations with? What is important? I would say that from my little knowledge, aftercare would be very important, but what else would help you chose who to make the first consultation(s) with?

Thanks ever so!

Nepoly

xxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

How/Why did you choose who to consult with? Empty Re: How/Why did you choose who to consult with?

Post by misf1 4th August 2011, 9:51 pm

I chose Transform because they had a office near me, so did spire and MYA, I went to the surgeons they suggested and picked the one I felt comfortable with and after I first met him, I googled my butt off trying to find every review on him I could find.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How/Why did you choose who to consult with? Empty Re: How/Why did you choose who to consult with?

Post by sarahdawn31 4th August 2011, 10:17 pm

I googled every ps in my state and went though all their photos, I then made a short list based on their photos... then I googled reviews on the ps's I shortlisted and removed any with a bad review and put the highly recommended at the top. I had 3 to see and I made my decision becase the ps I choose made me feel completely confident the knew what I wanted and that he could give it to me, he also was direct in what I needed pointing out what was right for my body and for the long terms so I knew he wasnt just pushing a sale to please me but was really giving me what was right.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen1982 5th August 2011, 9:48 am

I went to HMG and found them to be too sales like so decided that if I was having it done I didn't want to go with one of those companies (just my personal preference) so looked at a couple of surgeons in London and then checked at the Spire as it is near where i live and I have to go there for work so know how nice and friendly all the staff are and how nice the actual hospital is, so I then reserached all the surgeons that o BA's there and went for a consultation with the one I liked the sound off and he is absolutely brilliant.

I chose him specifically because he will only do what's natural and in proportion to your size and shape and also because heis also a consultant for the NHS. xx
Karen1982
Karen1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 6th August 2011, 1:48 pm

Thank you all for sharing that with me.....it's all logged and giving me ideas!

xxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 6th August 2011, 2:52 pm

I went with The hospital Group . I only had one consultation ...although i did at first say i was going to get different consultations done with different places to compare them .

My consultation wasnt that long with the p.s either.

Also when i got home the lady who i booked it with was on the phone asking me if i was going to book n pay the deposit ..i said no ..i had to do alot of thinking.

I left it for about 2 mths in that time i read lots on the internet and i also phoned the lady from the hospital group and asked her questions ...she was quiet happy to take the time to answer them i still had not paid them any money . She was lovely and always called me back she offered to even when i said its ok i wasnt bothered about paying for the call lol .

I think because she was so nice and backed off but also had the time to talk and disscuse my options and of course she also helped alot on the price for me she matched another place i had found.

I was more than happy to go with them yep i even went on the train all the way to birmingham with my mum to get it done . But i felt that they would take care of me so had no doubts about them.

I think its how you feel ...how the company make you feel ..Its not a money making thing ...Its your body and your life if im to be totally honest with you .

If your paitent care coordinater ( dunno if that is spelt correct ) can not make you feel at easy from the very first phone call and only goes on about the cost of it ...i wouldnt bother .

If you can phone them and they will chat you about what you want and they dont mind that your shopping around ...and they prepare to go that extra mile for you then go with that company .

Firstly i would make sure you have the money lol that does help.

Put you in a better positon because its one less thing to worry about , so you can focus on the most important thing ...and that is YOU what YOUR needs and requirements are ..

( sorry im starting to sound like me mum lol ) xxx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 6th August 2011, 4:14 pm

I went for my 1st consultation with Transform as they are really well known and they were the only company that had a clinic nearby, well 45mins away but the rest are 2-3hrs away. I ended up bookin at that consultation as I was quite naive and they offered me discount!

I then did a bit more research & found this site so decided 2 c another surgeon with a private practice who was recommended 2 me & altho I really liked him, I couldn't find much information about him on the internet and the aftercare was nowhere near as good as Transform's.

I had another consultation with Transform and felt much happier about the surgery/my surgeon etc and read lots & lots of good things about him so was happy to go with them in the end. I've had a great experience with them so am quite happy. xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 6th August 2011, 4:40 pm

Tbh I booked with the first surgeon I saw as I had already decided I wanted him before I met him. I researched the company and the aftercare first then I googles all the surgeons and looked on here. Couldn't find anything negative about him and as soon as I met him I liked him. He was straight to the point and not very chatty but you could tell he knew his stuff. x
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by tASHABASHA_1986 6th August 2011, 6:10 pm

I went with the second surgeon i saw. Both surgeon and pc were great. But i felt HMG was trying to push me for more money as they said an overnight stay was standard and that bump the price up. But then i went to MYA and love the way i was treated, no follow up phonecalls once a week, which i currently get with HMG still, and i felt really relaxed with the surgeon to the point that i thought, he is the one i wont. But my husband did a lot of research for me on the internet and i found this site. Its who you feel comfortable with, but im sure your do just fine and find a great surgeon. xx
tASHABASHA_1986
tASHABASHA_1986
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down