Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves?

+2
Little jen
nix47
6 posters

Go down

Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves? Empty Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves?

Post by nix47 28th June 2011, 5:43 pm

My PS told me to leave my strips on for 2-3 weeks if possible and then to just remove them myself.

I was a bit put out by this fact.. and now a bit worried to take them off.

I rang him today but there was no answer and didn't get another chance till after his office closed.

I have a bit of dried blood and am worried by pulling off the strips I might upset the scar or something.

Did anyone do it themselves? I'm three weeks PO and in my printed post-op instructions it's says I am fine to shower etc, although I haven't because he verbally told me not to get them wet till 2 weeks minimum.

Should I get in the shower and just run water off to wash the dried blood and to remove the strips?

Thanks.
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves? Empty Re: Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves?

Post by Little jen 28th June 2011, 5:48 pm

You'll be fine, the nurse removed mine after a week post op and then let the air get to them, i place toilet roll under my bra strap to prevent it rubbing on the incisions. I'd just get in the shower and they should just come away, you'll be fine.

xx
Little jen
Little jen
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves? Empty Re: Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves?

Post by Nonna 28th June 2011, 6:33 pm

I removed mine myself and the nurse gave me more to stop my bra rubbing.

She advised me to soak them in the bath and peel off gently. Was very easy although I was scared, once soaked they came away easily x
Nonna
Nonna
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 28th June 2011, 6:41 pm

Mine also came off easily in the shower.Just do it gently and take your time Hun.
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 28th June 2011, 7:02 pm

Thanks for the replies! I am so excited to take a proper shower... half shower/baths for 3 weeks has not been fun.

xx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 28th June 2011, 8:39 pm

Ahhhhh...the small pleasures in life!It's funny how we don't think of our daily shower as being anything special until we aren't allowed to take them.Enjoy!

Anyone else had to remove steri strips themselves? 43418
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 28th June 2011, 9:21 pm

Agree with the other girls hun. Get them wet and they'll come off easily. I had waterproof dressings which lasted about a week then took my steri strips off after my first check up. If its been 3 weeks now you'll be fine x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 29th June 2011, 7:15 pm

Had an AMAZING shower today and managed to get the strips off nice and easy just like you all said.

The scars feel quite hard when I lightly press them (not sure if this is the tissue healing/ dissolvable stitches) ...is this normal?!

xxx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 29th June 2011, 9:04 pm

Yes that's totally normal. They will flatten out in time x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 29th June 2011, 9:09 pm

Thanks Sally! It feels so weird. But the scars themselves are looking really good.. which I am very happy about!

xx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise_vaa 29th June 2011, 10:41 pm

How were the waterproof dressings? That's what I've been told I'm having. Were you able to have a shower straight away? If so did you have any problems? Xx
louise_vaa
louise_vaa
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 29th June 2011, 10:44 pm

I'm afraid I didn't have waterproof dressings which is why I haven't been able to shower for three weeks. Sorry I can't be much help.
xx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise_vaa 29th June 2011, 11:23 pm

Aww three weeks!! That must be hard!! I wonder why more surgeons don't use them? Must of been lovely having you first shower since you op! Hope are you feeling? Xx
louise_vaa
louise_vaa
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down