Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know what type implants I'm having?

+3
moonmar
Mia
misf1
7 posters

Go down

I don't know what type implants I'm having? Empty I don't know what type implants I'm having?

Post by misf1 21st April 2009, 8:20 pm

Hi all, just a quick question. I kinda rushed things a bit and when i went to see my P/S I chose the size or my implants 410 and chose, well was advised to have overs. But didn't get to choose the implant type, so i don't know if i will have round or what. Should I ask, are there different makes, does transform let you pick or are they all generally the same? I'm a silly girl I know. Will they charge me more if I request a type/make? I've already paid now and can't afford any more. :oops:
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I don't know what type implants I'm having? Empty Re: I don't know what type implants I'm having?

Post by Mia 21st April 2009, 8:27 pm

Hi!! I have no experience with Transform. However, it is very important to know implant manufacturer, as some are much safer than others and some have no guarantee. There are also different profiles and dimensions for different makes. Which all effect final outcome. I would check them (brands) out, some girls do pay more for certain brands. Hopefully someone will come along and be more help. Nads is the more expert on this I think. All the best Hug
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

I don't know what type implants I'm having? Empty Re: I don't know what type implants I'm having?

Post by moonmar 21st April 2009, 8:33 pm

If you haven't specified or asked for a different implant, Transform will use round Allergan CUI implants, which are supposed to be good implants. I went through Mya and they use the same implants as a standard, but I asked for a different type, still from Allergan but called Inspira, which have a lifetime guarantee (however they are more expensive).
I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the CUI so far though so I wouldn't worry hun.
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 21st April 2009, 8:36 pm

moonmar wrote:If you haven't specified or asked for a different implant, Transform will use round Allergan CUI implants, which are supposed to be good implants. I went through Mya and they use the same implants as a standard, but I asked for a different type, still from Allergan but called Inspira, which have a lifetime guarantee (however they are more expensive).
I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the CUI so far though so I wouldn't worry hun.
Exactly. You will get round CUIs if nothing was specified, they have a 10yr guarantee x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st April 2009, 8:44 pm

Thank you. I was getting really worried that I'd get some cheap rubbish ones or something because I didn't even think, silly me thought they were all the same :oops:
I had researched everything else, my surgeon, even bras and pillows. I was bound to miss one thing out. They sound like good implants though. I am happy with them. :lol:
Thank you so much
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 21st April 2009, 9:43 pm

moonmar wrote:If you haven't specified or asked for a different implant, Transform will use round Allergan CUI implants

What does CUI stand for or mean? I'm confused. I went with Transform and just had the standard implants they use, didn't ask for different ones but I've never heard this name used before??
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 21st April 2009, 10:57 pm

hi hun i had 410 transforms inplants are great very soft and bouncy lol
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 21st April 2009, 11:13 pm

lozzied wrote:
What does CUI stand for or mean? I'm confused. I went with Transform and just had the standard implants they use, didn't ask for different ones but I've never heard this name used before??

I am not sure what "CUI" stands for, what I know is that it's the name for the more "standard" Allergan implants. Allergan also manufactures a more expensive range of implant (which for some marketing reason I don't know are called McGhan in the USA and Inspira in the UK but they are supposedly the same).

Copied and pasted from "Harley Street Secrets" website:

The CUI range is a more standard, round implant. They are available with the INTRASHIEL™️ barrier technology, with textured or smooth surface options and responsive cohesive silicone gel. The CUI range is manufactured under the same high standards as all ALLERGAN Breast Implants; however, they don’t have the same advanced technology in terms of feel and touch, the extensive variety of sizes, or the warranty available in the full range.

Basically the Inspira have a lifetime guarantee and the CUI a 10 years guarantee. Plus the Inspira have more variety in sizes and types of gel (from firmer to softer). And the Inspira have been tested and approved by the FDA (Food and Drinks Association) while the CUI haven't - although I don't think they have been "dis-approved", they just probably haven't been tested yet or not tested enough.
I went for the Inspira for extra safety but I do think the CUI are still good.

Hope this helps x
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd April 2009, 6:52 am

lozzied wrote:
moonmar wrote:If you haven't specified or asked for a different implant, Transform will use round Allergan CUI implants

CUI stands for The Cox Uphoff International (CUI) group

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleboo31 22nd April 2009, 5:40 pm

Hi ya

It's like you read my mind, I too am also having 410's (although i'm off to see PS tomorrow to discuss maybe 460's Shocked ) and wasn't too sure which implants they used. So I called transform and they sent me a leaflet which was really useful as I was able to google the implant info and find out a bit more about them. I'm going to the heath on 16th May, with Mr Meleagros, is this where you're going? I can't wait. All I talk about is boobs I think i'm driving my OH, friends and family mad...xxx
purpleboo31
purpleboo31
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd April 2009, 6:36 pm

I know exactly where your coming from can't stop talking about it.I've asked transform to give me a list as well. I wanted to go bigger that 410, but P/S didn't recommend it. I think I should be big enough with the 410 though fingers crossed.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down