Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nearly had shower last night but bandage was stuck

5 posters

Go down

Nearly had shower last night but bandage was stuck Empty Nearly had shower last night but bandage was stuck

Post by Tracyd 7th June 2011, 7:34 am

Hi

I went to have my shower for the first time last night and took off the surgical bra and inside on each side was just a loose piece of surgical cloth lying in the bra cups. The left one was already off and lying in the bra. The right one was still slightly attached to the scar not sure if its on the glue or caught on the disovable stiches. It was only attached slightly but didnt know what to do freaked out and put my bra back on without having a shower. Will that light dressing come off when I have a shower? I didnt know if it was ok to slightly pull it off?

Tracy
x
Tracyd
Tracyd
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Nearly had shower last night but bandage was stuck Empty Re: Nearly had shower last night but bandage was stuck

Post by star2angel 7th June 2011, 7:41 am

Hey Tracy. I wouldn't pull it off. You should call the hospital and ask them what to do.

How are you feeling otherwise? Is your pain ok? I am suffering with major nerve pain but apart from that doing well.
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Nearly had shower last night but bandage was stuck Empty Re: Nearly had shower last night but bandage was stuck

Post by Tracyd 7th June 2011, 7:47 am

Hi

Yes think your right ill call the hospital this morning. I have pain around my stiches on both sides every now and then, which im guessing is normal. And they feel itchy but im trying to ignore that lol!
sorry to hear that you have been getting lots of pain.
I was taking the pain killers but they made me feel really sick so just taking normal pain killers like anadin now etc.

Have you managed to have a shower yet?
Tracyd
Tracyd
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by star2angel 7th June 2011, 8:36 am

They made me shower before they let me go home but I was too scared to get my boobs wet!!!! Since then I have been having either a shallow bath (which sucks because I get cold, my nipples get hard and then the skin stretches etc etc!) or I just wash with a cloth.

Am toying with the idea of a shower this morning though. Depends on the pain I think. I am massaging the worst boob to try and desensitize the nerve (PS advice) and hoping that works enough for me to get clean!!

I was given tramadol but the side effects sounded awful so have been managing on paracetamol, codeine and ibroprufen. Not working as well as I would like but better than sickness, dizziness and nightmares!

My stitches don't hurt at all - but that might just be because the nerve pain is so bad I don't notice it!

Hope you get your sticky problem sorted. xx
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 7th June 2011, 8:53 am

I had little squares of surgical cloth over my scars and put on new ones each day after my shower for the first couple weeks, it just provided some protection to my scars and nipples from the bra rubbing... sometimes the cloth would be stuck to my scars from my surgical glue or something and I would just get it all wet in the shower and gently ease it off, if it didnt just fall off which it usually did when it got wet.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyd 7th June 2011, 2:31 pm

Sorry that your in so much pain star2angel, did you manage to have a shower?
Im going to have one tonight thanks sarah for your advice, im going to buy some more surgical cloth and re-apply like you did and like you say the one that is stuck should come off in water. Thanks
Tracyd
Tracyd
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by star2angel 7th June 2011, 3:01 pm

Hi tracy. Yep. Shower achieved but wimped out on wetting the girls again so had to wash my top half over the sink. Felt really good around lunchtime......I was dressed, had tidied my clothes away a little and felt generally on top of things. But then at about 2pm, I started with a headache and decided to go for a lie down. Just woken up and now have the nerve pain back!! Damn it! I think nerve pain is going to be my version of "morning boob" for a while. Ouch!

Good luck with your shower. BMI sent me home with a supply of gauze pads to go inside my bra. Didn't they give you anything similar? I can't believe how inconsistent they seem to be between hospitals.
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FloJo 7th June 2011, 7:58 pm

So jealous you are having showers!! I'm only allowed shallow baths but hoping that will change tomorrow when I go back for my check up x
FloJo
FloJo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyd 8th June 2011, 11:53 am

Yeah it is weird that the BMI hospitals can be so different. I phoned my nurse yesterday afternoon and she said to lightly pull the gauze dressing off when in the shower. Took my husband nearly an hour to get it off, cause I kept stopping him to have a breather as was getting really scared. Im a proper baby. Finally got it off and just put the bra back on. No they didnt give me any gauze dressing to put in the bra the nurse said on the phone I could buy some if I wanted but should be ok without it so didnt go and get any as didnt want to risk it getting stuck again. Just hope the bra doesnt rub underneath.
Tracyd
Tracyd
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 8th June 2011, 1:00 pm

i was only allowed a shower or a quick bath 1 week post op. by then, i had had any bits of dissolveable sticthes snipped and all bandages off. sttill didnt wanto get them wet tho, as i was worried i would get infected! i kept my bra on and did so for another wk even tho i was dying to submerge myslef in a hot bath!! x
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by star2angel 8th June 2011, 1:14 pm

Aaaah....a hot bath! That sounds so good to me right now....especially with a glass of red, some candles and no pain!

Haha! I am a few weeks off that I think!Rolling Eyes

Tracy - congrats on getting the gauze off. At least you were brave enough to get your new additions wet - mine have only seen a flannel so far....way too chicken to have a proper shower yet!
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 8th June 2011, 9:34 pm

Tracyd wrote:Yeah it is weird that the BMI hospitals can be so different. I phoned my nurse yesterday afternoon and she said to lightly pull the gauze dressing off when in the shower. Took my husband nearly an hour to get it off, cause I kept stopping him to have a breather as was getting really scared. Im a proper baby. Finally got it off and just put the bra back on. No they didnt give me any gauze dressing to put in the bra the nurse said on the phone I could buy some if I wanted but should be ok without it so didnt go and get any as didnt want to risk it getting stuck again. Just hope the bra doesnt rub underneath.

I actually wore a plain cotton siglet (I think you call them vests) under my bra as I found the bras to be a bit rough and hard on the new boobs... the cotton siglet provided both protection and comfort.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down