Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC i think

+4
sarahdawn31
yettiricey
misf1
ema_123
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CC i think  Empty CC i think

Post by ema_123 6th June 2011, 6:56 pm

had breast augmentation surgery done in Feb 2009 i think i might have CC really hard boobs most of the time and got really bad lumps on them only can feel them cant see them yet anyway. One boobs gone lot smaller then the other one and nipples seem to be moving not happy. LOL

Just got off the phone from transform who i was going to go for a consultation with for a new boob job they have offered some adv to go back to my old surgeon as transform have a life time guarantee on implants and a 3 years on CC and see what there policy is.

has anyone else had any problems with spire or had anything like this feel bit cheeky going back to surgeon after this long.

any help :-) thanks ema xx
ema_123
ema_123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

CC i think  Empty Re: CC i think

Post by misf1 6th June 2011, 11:46 pm

Hi hun. I am not sure what kind of aftercare spire gave you, and how long they cover you for CC. I thought it was only one year. But I would give them a ring and check. If you are unhappy with your result you can go back to your surgeon if you want to. If you are not covered by spire you can go anywhere you want for a consultation to have a re augmentation if that's whats needed. Sorry you are having problems CC i think  571992
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 7th June 2011, 8:38 am

Hi Hun

I've just had a reop due to CC. Your symptoms do sound very similar hun xxxx Give them a ring and see what they say and fingers crossed you are covered hun.

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 7th June 2011, 9:03 am

I would call Spire, it wont hurt to ask they can only say no...I hope for you they can help though!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by ema_123 7th June 2011, 9:11 am

Thank you everyone I have sent the surgeon secretary last night just waiting to hear back. How long did you have the cc and decided to get them redone. Xxx
ema_123
ema_123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 7th June 2011, 1:06 pm

I have written a peice on here...let me see if I can find it and I'll copy it to you. x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 7th June 2011, 1:08 pm

here you are hun x

I just thought I'd put this down in writing so that anyone who has
worries now or in the future might be able to read this and find some
familiarity or something that might help.

I've just had a reop as I had capsular contracture
which is where scar tissue forms around the implant and kind of pushes
your implant out of shape and leaves you with a lumpy kind of feeling
around the breast. This is not a technical description.....it's mine!!!

My CC journey started around 3 1/2 years ago. I felt a lump in my left breast :-( I went to my GP who thought it was more involved with my implant than anything else so I went along to see Mr Davison in Hythe. My Davison felt my implant and told me he didn't feel that my implants had ruptured (this was my
greatest fear as I'd already suffered ruptured implants in both breasts
previously) Mr Davison at this time did not mention CC but asked how I
felt about my breasts. I was honest and said my marriage was in a dire condition and nobody was seeing my breasts so I wasn't bothered at the time). The look of them at this time was still ok.

The strange thing was that over the next few years I didn't really notice the change in the shape and feel of my
breasts. It's like having children, you know they are growing but you
can't spot it coz you see them everyday. Well this was like CC. It was
slowly and surely changing the shape and look of my
breasts. I only started having alarm bells when after 7 years of
having these implants I started having to wear padded bras again to get
the look I had got used to.

Long story short but I split with my husband and a year later I met and fell in love. My bf never really mentioned my strange shaped breasts but he was concerned about the lumps forming. I decided after getting on and off pain (especially in my left breast) to go back and visit Mr Davison. This time Mr Davison diagnosed immediately Capsular Contracture
and advised I would need a full capsulactomy and replacement implants.
I then started saving and saving and saving. Eventually I had my money and I had my operation on 5th May.

The night before my operation I allowed my
bf to take some pictures. When I looked at them I was horrified. I
suddenly for the first time saw them in their true state!!!! OMG :-( I
was so relieved to be having them out the next day. When I told Mr
Davison about my reaction to seeing my
breasts on the camera he said that so often woman get so used to seeing
their form everyday in the mirror and CC is so gradual that you just
don't always see them as others do! If he had told me this and I hadn't
experienced it I wouldn't have believed him....but I do now!

I am now 3 weeks post op and it's great to have no lumps or bumps and the discomfort of my new post op boobs is not that much worse than the discomfort from my CC. The difference is this pain will soon pass.

I
hope I haven't bored you but I thought if this can be of any use to
anyone then I should be bothered to put it into writing. xxxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by surfgirl 18th August 2011, 3:34 pm

How long after your op did you get CC? I'm starting to feel like this move I've made could be a bit of a money pit. Is it true that the longer your implants are in you can develop this at any stage?

Sorry, Im one of the girls that only discovered this site post op

Y thanks for the diary entry. You've been through a lot. You look great and I hope you feel it's been worth it xx
surfgirl
surfgirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 18th August 2011, 3:41 pm

Hi hun, yes it is true that you can get CC at any time, the longer the implants are in the more likely you are to get a higher grade CC. Which is why it is suggested to replace implants aprox every 10 years.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th August 2011, 3:59 pm

I developed cc after 7 years and had the reop done 2 years later. I would be so upset if I got it again ;-(
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th August 2011, 4:01 pm

I really am so sorry you're suffering a complication so soon after your surgery babe, it really doesn't seem fair at all does it babe and don't ever feel cheeky, if your still within your aftercare your clinic has a responsibilty to fix this for you.

Just to clear something up that Transform seem to be taking great joy out of and probably gaining lots of business from -

ema_123 wrote:transform have a life time guarantee on implants and a 3 years on CCs.

Hmmmm you may want to read Transforms policy for yourself hunni. Take a look HERE. Take a look at point 7 babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ema_123 18th August 2011, 11:03 pm

Transform and the hosp group seem to have the best aftercare

I went back to my surgeon not very helpful at all, that's with spire. I am going through the NHS now going for a scan on Monday xxx
ema_123
ema_123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by caz2011 23rd August 2011, 6:09 pm

Hi Guys, i am a Newbie here and hope that some of you lovely people may be able to help and i am confident that i am definitely in the right area of this forum to post my questions.

I too have CC and have had it for around 2 years now. I have had my implants for 7 years. I have stage 3-4 CC and have been back to the clinic where i had them done and spoke with the surgeon yesterday who said he cannot promise that i will have symetrical breasts after Capsulectomy as scar tissue may have attached to my breast tissue, i have NEBER read this before!! Yettiricey i noticed that you had a Capsulectomy could you please tell me if you was advised of this before your re-op or have you noticed any difference?? I have it in my left breast but would have both implants replaced. Also was your CC breast alot higher than the other due to hardness, mine is. I would appreciate anybodys help and feedback regarding this. Many thanks and glad to be part of your forum.

Caz.xx
caz2011
caz2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 24th August 2011, 9:11 am

Hi Caz,

This is very interesting to me as I was not made aware of this and I am having problems with my breasts now looking different. My right one has dropped more and looks larger where as my left one is sitting higher and looks smaller. I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks and will certainly be bringing this to the attention of my surgeon.

I had CC in both my breasts and I am aware that the surgeon had to cut more out in my right breast, although to me it always felt like my left was worse.

My breasts were very difformed although I didn't really realise it until I looked at a photo the night before my op that I took to keep as a record. I've written my CC story on here, I think it's just titled my capsulare contracture story so you should be able to find it in the search bar.

Are going to have a reop Caz? What implants will you use this time? Will you go bigger?

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 17th September 2011, 1:14 pm

ema_123 wrote:had breast augmentation surgery done in Feb 2009 i think i might have CC really hard boobs most of the time and got really bad lumps on them only can feel them cant see them yet anyway. One boobs gone lot smaller then the other one and nipples seem to be moving not happy. LOL

Just got off the phone from transform who i was going to go for a consultation with for a new boob job they have offered some adv to go back to my old surgeon as transform have a life time guarantee on implants and a 3 years on CC and see what there policy is.

has anyone else had any problems with spire or had anything like this feel bit cheeky going back to surgeon after this long.

any help :-) thanks ema xx

Hi Emma
Just noticed this thread, how did you get on ? i was just wondering as i have cc myself in both breasts. x
susib
susib
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 534

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th September 2011, 2:45 pm

susib...what are you going to do? Are you covered for a reop?
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 18th September 2011, 3:39 pm

Hi Yetti
I don't know what to do, not sure if spire covers that.
How are you doing after your re-op ?
susib
susib
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th September 2011, 5:49 pm

I'm ok although having to have another op on 6th October as my left implant hasn't dropped properly....my surgeon is brilliant and doing it for free with no arguments. I'm gutted but then again I'm not happy with the way it is. I knew for 3 years something wasn't right when I eventually had it confirmed I had CC. I had to save like mad to pay for it :-(
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 18th September 2011, 6:15 pm

so this will be the 3rd op ? blimey Yetti you've been through it , but i guess it's what you want and it makes you happy :) i couldn't imagine if i had to have mine taken out and didn't have more put in, what they would look like after.
What us girls do ay! we must be mad.
Good luck Hun xx
susib
susib
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th September 2011, 7:39 pm

Actually my 4th op.....Eeekk I've been unlucky a few times now :-(
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 18th September 2011, 8:18 pm

4th time ! Well fingers crossed it will your last, do they use the same scar or a different area ?
susib
susib
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 19th September 2011, 9:20 am

For my first two ops I had a different surgeon and he went in under the armpit. 3rd time (most recent) was under the breast and this time I'm hoping he will use the same scar under the breast....gutted as they have just really healed now and you can hardley see it!
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 19th September 2011, 1:08 pm

What was it like under the armpit ? I would of thought less painful ? I am starting to get more pain in my right one now so think I might have to do something sooner rather than later. Can they tell by xrays if it is cc or only when they cut you open ?
susib
susib
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 19th September 2011, 1:13 pm

Oh you poor thing....

To be honest I prefer it under the breast. I liked the fact you couldn't see the scar under the armpit but it's hard moving your arms etc when it's sore and not being able to wear deoderant. Also I had a vein that was swollen for a few weeks so that wasn't nice.

I first went to see my surgeon when lumps formed 3 years ago and at that time he didn't meantion CC but told me it was nothing to worry about and to go back if it got worse etc. When I went back last year he knew immediately...they were deformed yet visually I hadn't noticed. I've written my CC story on here, look under my capsular contrature story (I think the title is).

You must be so gutted getting it so soon. At least mine were in for 10 years when I had them removed.

Do you want to see my pics?

Y

x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 19th September 2011, 1:24 pm

Thanks Yetti that would be great if you don't mind x
susib