Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them?

+4
kristenb89
COOKIE
jen86
gorgeousgirl4444
8 posters

Go down

Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them? Empty Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them?

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 1st June 2011, 9:54 am

will the hospital give them to you when u are there or should i pack some paracetamol incase? and when is it safe after a ba to start taking ibropofen? as paracetamol only seem to work for for short periods for me but ibropofen last for ages xx
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 845

https://www.facebook.com/#!/gorgeousgirl4444

Back to top Go down

Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them? Empty Re: Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them?

Post by jen86 1st June 2011, 9:57 am

i prefer imbuprofen, they give you pain killers so dont worry about taking any with you. However, they may not last you longer then a week, so i got some painkillers in ready. I didnt end up needing them, i didnt end up using all the pain meds they gave me!
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them? Empty Re: Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them?

Post by COOKIE 1st June 2011, 10:00 am

You'll be provided with strong pain killers babe and possibly anti-biotics too.

If your surgeon hasn't prescibed ibropofen then do ask before taking hun as they are prone to encourage bleeding, so do ask first babe.

Mostly after day 3/4 up to a week women tend to need only paracetamol anyway hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 1st June 2011, 10:03 am

i read somewhere u cant use ibropfen or aspirin when having a GA .. or did i dream this ?!! lol i think im just petrified thats is going to be sooo painful seeing everyones photos has woken me up to how small the cuts are under your boob for implants to go in as i just imagined they was all under your whole boob pmsl x
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st June 2011, 10:11 am

It's not the GA gorgeous, it's after surgery as they can promote bleeding sweetheart, so you didn't dream it babe Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them? 184153

I wouldn't worry about the 'pain' too much hun, I'd say at least 8 out of 10 of us come back and say it's not at all what we expected, more 'discomfort' then 'pain' xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 1st June 2011, 10:44 am

i had to get my painkillers and antibiotics myself from a pharmacy after the surgery he just gave me a prescription. this proved to me even more how important it was to have someone with me to help with everything x Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them? 48411
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st June 2011, 11:05 am

That doesn't happen in the UK Kristen, here we're provided with the meds by our surgeon. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 1st June 2011, 11:08 am

I was told no ibruprofen or aspirin 2 weeks before as well. Assume aspirin is because it thins the blood but I can't remember why u can't take ibruprofen.

I was given tramadol by my ps x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by xemmy90x 1st June 2011, 11:13 am

I was given two strong pain killers and a course of anti-biotics when i got discharged, so they will sort you out with the right stuff hun xx
xemmy90x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 1st June 2011, 12:45 pm

cookie wrote:It's not the GA gorgeous, it's after surgery as they can promote bleeding sweetheart, so you didn't dream it babe Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them? 184153

I wouldn't worry about the 'pain' too much hun, I'd say at least 8 out of 10 of us come back and say it's not at all what we expected, more 'discomfort' then 'pain' xx

pmsl i meant ba not ga haahaaa lol Which pain killers? Will hosp give me them? 869500
thanks everyone thats put my mind at rest xxx
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by missymarie 26th April 2012, 1:34 pm

*Sally* wrote:I was told no ibruprofen or aspirin 2 weeks before as well. Assume aspirin is because it thins the blood but I can't remember why u can't take ibruprofen.

I was given tramadol by my ps x

Ibuprofen Contains asprin. Thats why they say no
missymarie
missymarie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 26th April 2012, 2:46 pm

The hospital gave me co-drydamol and antibiotics. I switched to paracetemol within days though. I was recommended to take two co-drydamols at a time, it made me feel too out of it, so I took one co-drydamol and one paracetemol instead. This way I still got the same dose of paracetomol you get from two co-drydamols, but only half as spaced out instead. It was enough to relieve the pain for me.

Ibuprofen is a blood thinner, PS told me not to take any two weeks before surgery, I wouldn't recommend ibuprofen for a couple of weeks post surgery xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down