Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sleeping up right!?

+8
nads
emrussell79
Angelpie
_Carrie_
Loxxie
xx_fina_xx
ShootingStar
tinkerbelle7
12 posters

Go down

sleeping up right!? Empty sleeping up right!?

Post by tinkerbelle7 28th March 2009, 11:00 pm

hiya ladies! i am 2wks post op yesterday & havnt really had a very good nights sleep since the op what with sleeping upright at night-how long is it that you have to do this for could someone please tell me?

also massageing.. should i be doing it now im wondering? Rolling Eyes

any help greatfully recieved!
charlotte xx
tinkerbelle7
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

sleeping up right!? Empty Re: sleeping up right!?

Post by ShootingStar 28th March 2009, 11:56 pm

If you feel comfortable sleeping laying down then this should be fine now hun, listen to your body & if you're comfortable with it then it's ok, as for massaging, it would be ok to start to do this gently now if you wanted to, just use whatever lotion you will use for your scar healing, ie: bio oil and rub around in circular movements and move up & down then side to side movements, again you will know what feels right & comfortable for you, there is no need to be harsh and vigorous. Hope i've helped you a little xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by xx_fina_xx 29th March 2009, 12:10 am

I think they usually say around2-3weeks for sleeping upright..Do it when you feel comfy hun..
xx_fina_xx
xx_fina_xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Loxxie 29th March 2009, 6:48 am

yep my surgeon also said that as soon as it feels ok to sleep lying down its fine to do so---i remember going to bed each night thinking please please let it feel ok tonight!..i had to do it in stages by removing one pillow at a time and doing it gradually! x
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 29th March 2009, 8:53 am

I'm sure I was sleeping flat by 2 weeks, and if not def by 3. I did it when it felt comfy and was fine, although was still quite stiff in the mornings until about week 3, but then it suddenly got better.

I'm not sure about massaging as was wondering that myself!

I'm scared to rub bio-oil in all over as I've done that a few times and it's given me spots in my cleavage! Not nice! I suppose it's because maybe I sweat there a bit in the night what with the sports bra on and never having had a cleavage before!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 29th March 2009, 11:49 am

I slept on my side the day I had my stitches removed (that was 10 days post op). I was still fairly propped up but I found that easier than sleeping on my side flat, as my boobies weren't squashed on the bed. Such a blissful nights sleep after being propped up on the back for 10 days!

I would say you could massage lotion into your boobies (I used Palmers Cocoa butter ~ stretchmark formula), but I personally would say it's a bit early to put anything on the scars themselves... I'd leave them a good 6 weeks, just to make sure they are completely all healed over.
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 29th March 2009, 12:43 pm

I slept upright for the first 10 days then i asked my nurse if i could stop as i wasnt sleeping well and was waking up on my side anyway!
She said it was fine but not to sleep totally flat until about 3 weeks and to still prop up my shhoulders with at least 1 extra piullow.

As long as you are comfatable hun you should be more than fine by now, just make sure you get up slowly in the morning x
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 317

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 29th March 2009, 3:00 pm

The other girls are right, its ok to lay back now, i was told to sleep upright at an angle for 2 weeks for swelling x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbelle7 29th March 2009, 5:03 pm

thanks girls,
do you think now im 2wks&2days post op all my swelling has gone i really hope they dont shrink im prayin for the fluffing fairy actually!lol!

also the steri strips- i still have some left but when should i stop using them?my co-ordinator did tell me but ive forgotten (head like a chocolate teapot!lol)

thanks again :D
charlotte xx
tinkerbelle7
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 29th March 2009, 6:33 pm

tinkerbelle7 wrote:thanks girls,
do you think now im 2wks&2days post op all my swelling has gone i really hope they dont shrink im prayin for the fluffing fairy actually!lol!

also the steri strips- i still have some left but when should i stop using them?my co-ordinator did tell me but ive forgotten (head like a chocolate teapot!lol)

thanks again :D
charlotte xx

Could you perhaps give your nurse a call? This is one of those areas where people seem to be told all sorts of different things... I had steri-strips applied when my stitches first came out, at 10 days post-op, and was told to leave them on for four days and then take them off and leave my incissions "naked"; I know that other people were given a supply of steri-strips and told to reaply them for some considerable time.

Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.

Angel x
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 29th March 2009, 6:38 pm

You can sleep on your side if you want and dont know about massaging as i was never told to do it and my boobies are fine. You should use up all the steri strips you've been given and swelling takes up to 6 weeks to go x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbelle7 30th March 2009, 11:41 pm

thanks ladies will call my nurse!

BlondeBarbie wrote:and swelling takes up to 6 weeks to go x
- im going to go start praying the dont go doooown! Rolling Eyes

charlotte x
tinkerbelle7
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stef 31st March 2009, 7:21 am

I was given the ok to sleep on my side 9 days po and I found it soo much comfier!! xx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 31st March 2009, 9:00 am

hi hunni
i was told 7-10 days sleeping upright and was sleeping on my side at 2 wks. i guess it is if you feel comfortable enough to do it. i asked about massaging yesterday at my 6 wk check and she said massage if you feel you need to, so again i think its all about what is best for you.
take care
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 31st March 2009, 11:23 am

I was told a week to sleep at an angle, then to sleep upright (as in laying on my back, but sleeping facing the ceiling) after that. I finally rolled over after a few weeks and it was heaven!!

x
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down