Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about GA for those who have had their op

+9
Phoebe
mrsrimmer
Alt_Barbie
elle
lucyt
CharlieB
COOKIE
Kas
angelemma
13 posters

Go down

Question about GA for those who have had their op Empty Question about GA for those who have had their op

Post by angelemma 11th November 2010, 10:04 am

Hey Girls :)

It seems that every hospital is different when it comes to what you have to do before a general anaesthetic. The original hospital I was booked in with sent me out some information which said if you have jewellery you don't want to take out then it's fine and they will cover it with tape. They also said no nail varnish but didn't say about gel/acrylic nails (mine are white tip so see-through on the nail bed). I am having my op @ HIghgate and my PS told me they send out no paperwork to "save money". I will speak to my PC though I do feel this is information I shouldn't have to ask them - I don't want to arrive there to be told I have to remove anything and can't!!

So my question is when you had your op, what were you told in regards to nails/nail varnish & piercing jewellery (not ears as such or my belly button but I have a nose one that can't come out).

Thanks!!

Emma Heart

angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Question about GA for those who have had their op Empty Re: Question about GA for those who have had their op

Post by Kas 11th November 2010, 10:14 am

hi hun.. you must be soo ecited now..
i think most hospitals say remove everything. I would wear no jewellery at all to be honest so i am not sure what ur hops will advise re the nosering??!
definitly no nailvarnish or gel nails. I dont think they should tell you its ok either. so i would leave them all off anyway.
Kas
Kas
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Question about GA for those who have had their op Empty Re: Question about GA for those who have had their op

Post by COOKIE 11th November 2010, 10:23 am

Is there a pre-op appointment planned Emma?

If there is it's usually at this time that your given instruction for your surgery hun.

If not, then I think you should call and ensure you're given clear instruction about what is expected from you to prepare for your op babe.

I was totally bare - no make-up, false nails, tan, moisturisers, perfume, jewellery - nothing! Even showered in hibiscrub the night before and morning of my surgery!

Just follow whatever instruction you get from your clinic babe and you'll be fine. Some are quite relaxed when it comes to taping jewellery and leaving false nails on, but some arent. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 11th November 2010, 10:26 am

Hi honey - I had my op at Highgate and I got told by the nurse no nail varnish, make-up, any body creams or deodorant. No jewellery, no eating for at least 6 hours before op and no alcohol 7 days before op (I had my pre-op 5 days before my op!!) and tie my hair back.

They don't seem so strict in the hospital though!? I would imagine you could wear a plaster or simular over your nose piercing. x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyt 11th November 2010, 10:33 am

hello,

i had my op at Highgate and was told no jwellery, no make up, no deodorant/moisturisers no nail varnish/acrylics. They even made me remove a hairband with a metal seal at the end.

I did have a different ps to you though, so perhaps yours will have a different view, it was the nurses that made sure I didnt have anything I shouldnt though which made it seem more hopsital policy. I should think you can just call Highgate or your clinic and they'll let you know and advise you about your nose piercing.

Just out of interest though, how come you cant remove your nose piercing?
lucyt
lucyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by elle 11th November 2010, 10:37 am

Hi. Most hospitals tend to be basically the same. in our theatre I say piercings need need to come out if possible, especially tongue piercings. If they cant be removed they need to be taped. reason for this is 1 - with a tongue piercing if " god forbid" you got into trouble with your airway the anaesthetist needs it out or it can cause all sorts of problems. 2- with all metal piercings there is the risk of burns from the diatheramy which will be used during the operation ( without getting technical its to do with electricity earthing !! lol ) same reason for all other jewellery being removed. Nail varnish needs to be removed so nail beds can be seen for circulation as does make up esp lipstick for the same reason ( you would be amazed at the number of girls who try to come down to theatre with full makeup on ! ) In my theatre i dont insist that gel nails are removed as our sats monitor that reads O2 levels works with gel nails but other hospitals may ask for them to be removed. Hope this is of some help to you. Good luck with your operation xxx
elle
elle
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 11th November 2010, 11:19 am

Thanks girls!

I am not having a pre-op before my surgery as my PS said I am fit, healthy and don't smoke so it's not necessary?

I can't remove my nose piercing as it's a septum (the bit underneath) and it's super tight and fitted. I *could* go and have it removed and then put back but I'd rather not as it's a little sore to have done and was really hard to do in the first place! I don't have a tongue piercing anymore, and my belly button comes out easily (I took it out for both pregnanices). I have a few in my ears which would be a pain in the butt to get back in after but I don't mind removing those at all.

As for the nails, mine are see through gel and you can see all my nail bed which is why I assumed it would be ok. I had to have an operation after my 2nd boy (but with epidural not general....don't ask!) and had the clip on monitor on my finger and it was fine.

I knew no makeup etc. I wouldn't have gone in with it on anyway!! I just thought if it was that important surely the surgeon/PC would have mentioned it to me beforehand? When he met me he saw my tattoos (I have a lot) and piercings for himself!! What's annoying me is that I am really doing my reseach and getting as much info as possible, but what if I didn't? What if I turned up as I was?

I see another phonecall to my PC is needed! Blush
Emma Heart
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 11th November 2010, 11:36 am

Im hoping that I can get away with wearing plastic bars in my cheeks... There is no way in hell im taking them out >.<

Argh... Im going to feel like such a tramp.. No make up, nails, jewellery LOL

Ill be nakid!
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 11th November 2010, 11:59 am

Lol Laura - I have had 2 babies so I have been there already looking a LOT worse than just no makeup!! Just didn't have to think about taking off things that are stuck onto me semi-permanently!!

I hope my PFTE madonna is ok, but I can take it out no problem if I have to. Can you get PFTE rings?
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 11th November 2010, 12:04 pm

Yea you can get plastic rings, only horseshoes/cirular barbells though..

Well, im not sure if fly will be at the hospital when I come out anyway so maybe I wont have to worry..
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrimmer 11th November 2010, 2:12 pm

i wear permant eyelash extensions (grow out ones) and i was told i have to remove them! its all to do with 'what could happen' and also the clenliness :-$ im gutted got them removed yesterday! feel a right minger he he he but its a small price to pay tho isnt it! and if you take off your nails ect book an apt to get it all done fresh a few days after your op to 'treat' yourself :-)
mrsrimmer
mrsrimmer
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 11th November 2010, 7:19 pm

I didnt have to take my belly bar out or take gel nails off as they said as long as my toe nails were clear that was fine x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th November 2010, 8:17 pm

I had to take my belly button peirceing out (didn't have others) and wasn't allowed any nail varnish or acrylics. I'd ring and ask them if you can keep your nose peirceing in, or if you can have it changed for a plastic one, fingers crossed you dont have to remove it.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 19th November 2010, 8:26 am

Just to update as I heard back from my surgeon....

I can leave in any piercings I can't take out, and my nails are fine as they are, as long as they and my toenails are clean of varnish. Just goes to show you how every hospital/surgeon is different.
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th November 2010, 8:35 am

That's great news for you Emma! :thumbs: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 19th November 2010, 4:21 pm

Hey hun, as youve heard every hospital are different. Personally even though they say its ok id still remove any piercings if at all possible. The whole reason behind not having any piercings on is due to the caudery(sp?) they use to stop any little bleeding vessels having an electric current which can travel to anywere you have metal in you and can cause a burn at that sight. I think if you're wearing titanium its ok though as thats what they use in med procedures anyways. And yup, as long as they can see your toesises you are all good :) xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 19th November 2010, 7:35 pm

I could leave me fake nails on too as long as they were french manicure ones but my toes needed to be free from polish. All jewelry was to be removed.

They all are soooooo different. Glad you're sorted :good: x
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 19th November 2010, 10:32 pm

cookie wrote:
I was totally bare - no make-up, false nails, tan, moisturisers, perfume, jewellery - nothing!

Me too which normally wouldn't bother me but my surgeon is gorgeous and I looked such a tramp!
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down