Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those Questions !!

+8
mrsm
21jane
tanyajade
kittie
Peachy34
Jennie
misf1
xokerryxo
12 posters

Go down

Those Questions !! Empty Those Questions !!

Post by xokerryxo 14th October 2010, 7:16 pm

Hi ,

I have the weirdest questions going round in my head about ba , I seem to get caught up on the smallest things ! So if anyone can help that would be great !

** I am a permanent fake tan wearer! Do i have to stop before? Not in the boob area etc ? What about post ba ? Anyone else had this issue..

** Sounds strange but I can imagine I wont be able to lift my arms.... so things like shaving armpits! How possible is this ? Should I opt for a wax before? hmmmm... dont fancy being a hairy beast as well as a greasy hair one !

** I am on the contraceptive pill, i have read i would have to stop this before surgery and then re start some time after?!

Thanks in advance !

Kerry
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Those Questions !! Empty Re: Those Questions !!

Post by misf1 14th October 2010, 7:40 pm

I do not wear much fake tan, so dont know much, as for after, I did try it a few weeks after my BA lol it didn't work out well, this was due to the skin stretching, it gets a bit flaky and no amount of moisturiser quite got rid of it for me and even exfoliating didn't help and I got falky brown bits and patchs after using fake tan. But once that stage is over there would be no problem in using it, just dont get it near your scars.
Lifting arms can be a problem for a little while, I did wax beforehand and by the time they grew back I was able to shave.
Dry shampoo helps with hair and maybe trips to salon for a blow dry.
As for the pill, you need to check with your surgeon clinic, some say it's fine and carry on taking it, others say you should stop 2 weeks before. So best to follow what your clinc/surgeon says
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xokerryxo 14th October 2010, 7:46 pm

hehe , the flakyness does not sound good! Thanks for the reply xx
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennie 14th October 2010, 8:07 pm

xokerryxo wrote:
** I am a permanent fake tan wearer! Do i have to stop before? Not in the boob area etc ? What about post ba ? Anyone else had this issue..
I was told no fake tan due to it being unhygienic for surgery. No fake tan and NO makeup! hissy

xokerryxo wrote:
** I am on the contraceptive pill, i have read i would have to stop this before surgery and then re start some time after?!

I have been instructed to stop the pill 2 weeks before surgery. I'm not sure whether my theory is correct but I have a hunch that we have to stop due to the elevated risk of deep vein thrombosis after surgery. The pill carries its own risk with this but then tied in with being imobile for a short time after surgery which makes it a higher risk.
Jennie
Jennie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 14th October 2010, 8:12 pm

Yep no fake tan and no make up is pretty standard I'm afraid and you aren't supposed to use it until your incisions are healed. I was 2 weeks post op and I put some on but no where near my boobs its just not worth getting an infection.

I would ask your own surgeon about the pill as I've read different things.
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 14th October 2010, 8:17 pm

Your skin needs to be clear of any creams/lotions/etc for surgery so that includes fake tan. And after BA you can't get it anywhere near your scars. Plus the skin is all dry and stretched so probably wouldn't take very well anyway but you should be fine after a couple of weeks.

Not sure about the pill as I don't use it but worth checking with your clinic/surgeon what their advice is.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 14th October 2010, 8:24 pm

I think the pill has no impact on your op. I was actually advised to take my pill through my scheduled period, if my period was going to be during my op.

I could shave my arm pits at day 5. I didn't raise my arms completely above my head, but I bent my arms and elbows outwards (imagine you're nudging someone and touch your pit) and you can shave this way.

I'd advise you to try and get all your fake tan off pre op. I don't know about you, but I hate than inbetween stage when it's patchy and looks almost scaley? Well you won't be able to scrub for a while, and who is going to see you for a few days whilst you're recovering anyway? xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

http://WWW.STORES.EBAY.CO.UK/HERROYALHAIRNESS

Back to top Go down

Post by 21jane 14th October 2010, 8:46 pm

i was told to stop taking pill as it can give you have a higher risk of having complications such at thombosis.

"Women taking combined oral contraceptives or HRT are at increased risk of developing blood clots in the leg veins and in the lung (venous thromboembolism).

This risk is further increased following major operations or leg surgery, and particularly after emergency surgery.

To reduce the risk, standard advice from manufacturers to women on a combined oral contraceptive is to stop the pill temporarily, from four to six weeks before planned surgery. This advice is backed up by the Medicines Control Agency. "

thats something i came across from the bbc x
21jane
21jane
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 14th October 2010, 8:51 pm

I was told to carry on taking my pill.

No fake tan for a week before the op.

I was able to shave under arms alright afterwards the way tanyajade said.

xxx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by daisydoodle 14th October 2010, 8:55 pm

hi i cant answer about the fake tan but my ba was 1 week ago and ive had no probs lifting my arms o shave i really havent been restricted was a bit sore on day 3/4 but nothing that would stop me doing anything hope this helps
daisydoodle
daisydoodle
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 15th October 2010, 5:43 am

I had fake tan on (I wear it all the time too) and well I looked so funny post op as anywhere they had things attached to me it was ripped off! There was a big rectangle patch on the outside of my thigh, there were round circles on my chest and around my hand and wrist from the dripp tape. It didnt seem to be an issue that I had it, it just looked funny, not that I cared much in the early post op days as it is a kinda unglamourus time. Hysterical
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by trudster 15th October 2010, 6:32 am

i was told definatley no tan, nail varnish, fake nails, make up, moisturisers etc... go in as naturel as you was born hun, then it is def the safest bet.
trudster
trudster
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by xokerryxo 15th October 2010, 8:05 pm

Thanks everyone really helped :) although going to have to scrub so hard to get this tan off lol!! Xx
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennie 15th October 2010, 8:29 pm

there is a bodywash which some surgeons say to use before surgery, it contains alcohol for sanitizing the skin - unfortunately I don't know the name. I read a post on the forum yesterday which mentioned it so i will see if I can find it again. Anyway, alcohol can remove permenant marker. I don't see why it can't remove fake tan?? without all the pain of scrubbing the skin.
Jennie
Jennie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by xokerryxo 15th October 2010, 8:53 pm

That sounds good , would definatly help. Failing that I find chlorine helps so swimming a few days before might be on the cards ! X
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 15th October 2010, 9:29 pm

It depends on what pill you are on hun. The combined pill should be stopped as it increases your risk of DVT. But in all reality the amount of time you'll be immobile is v short so the risk of dvt is really v low.

If you are on the mini pill (progesterone only) you should be fine and allowed to keep taking. xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down