Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all done!! my experience...

+8
bigandsmall
fluffy_bunn1e
vicki22
Louise91
sars3dd
kelly1990
abbie
maria
12 posters

Go down

all done!! my experience... Empty all done!! my experience...

Post by maria 30th July 2010, 12:08 pm

wow..cant believe im back home with my new boobies already! its all gone so quick! however it was a nerve wracking waiting game before i went into hopsital, as i was told to contact them on sunday to check there was a bed available for me on monday and then i would stay overnight and have the op on the tuesday. so i called them twice on the sunday afternoon/evening, being told both times that the beds hadnt been allocated yet so i would have to call monday! so i called monday lunchtime and was told there was a 'bed crisis' on the ward i was going to be on and they were having to prioritise emergency ops, which is understandable. they told me to call again later..i think i spoke to them about 5 times on monday up until 9pm to be told there was still no bed for me yet and they would phone early tues morn so to be nil by mouth as originally instructed and be ready to be called in! i was starting to think at this point that my op would be cancelled and was so anxious, nervous and disappointed as id worked myself right up as you do! anyway i woke at 6am tues..no phonecall...called at about 8am and was told they were STILL trying to sort it! then got called at 11.15 to say there was a bed ready for me and to come in asap as it was being done that afternoon!! i went into shock as id really convinced myself it wasnt gonna happen anytime soon! but with my moms calming support we got my things together and off we went to the hospital! i was put on a lovely small ward which was actually empty apart from me at that point as the other patients had been discharged that morning. a lovely nurse came along and went through the usual medical details with me and checked that i knew what was going to be done to me that afternoon and said the anaesthetist would be along to see me shortly. i was measured up for the very fetching support stockings an given an equally sexy gown to change into! the anaesthetist came along (lovely man) and explained what would happen which always makes me extra nervous! but it was all going so quick and he said i'd be going to theatre at around 1.30 so i only had like an hour to wait! my mom stayed with me for a while then one of the surgeons understudys came along and did some drawings on me to mark out where they would be cutting etc..i tried not to look or think that much into it! next thing i know another lovely nurse came along and said it was time to go down to theatre! i said a quick goodbye to my mom and off we trotted to theatre! once in there 2 again lovely nurses and the anaesthetist chatted away to me and explained what they were doing as they inserted the cannula (yak - hate veins!!) into my hand and gave me an anti-sickness drug, abit of sedative which made me feel all relaxed and lovely and then the anesthetic and i was off! i woke up in recovery and like always with operations it felt like id only just gone to sleep! i vaguely remember a dr telling me it had all gone really well and then a nurse putting some blankets on me as i was shivering. i was then wheeled back to my ward and saw my mom sat in the corridor as i went past! she followed me into the ward and asked if i was okay and said it was 4.45 so it had been quite a while, but a nurse had warned me beforehand that my surgeon was 'quite slow but very precise'! anyway i started to come round and luckily didnt feel sick or anything. i had to wear an oxygen mask as i was hooked upto a drip and a had a button to give myself morphine when i needed it! i asked my mom how i looked as id been worried id be way too big! but she said they looked fab from what she could see (iv been bandaged up apart from my nipple - attractive!) and i could see myself that they werent massive, which was a relief for me as the main reason id had the surgery was to correct the shape of what little breast tissue i had as they were tubular and didnt have the nice roundness to them which made me so self-concious. so anyway, i stayed in tuesday and wednesday night with drains attached to each boob to collect any liquid (blood basically!) that came from the wound, so i had to carry them with me when i went to the bathroom or anything! the dr came round on weds morning and said they were looking good and my drains could be removed and i could go home - yipee! it was a weird feeling having the drains removed but it didnt hurt as such, and i still have the dressings on until next tuesday when i can go back to have them removed! i'm now home and slept really well last night in my own bed! im taking painkillers every 4 hours and do have slight discomfort in one breast in particular when getting up but its not as bad as i thought. im glad iv got the bandages on as they seem to be providing good support and i am wearing a nice soft support bra so keep my nipple protected as it was all exposed! overall im really happy and am looking forward to seeing them properly next week! hope this has helped some of you out there who are having your op's soon, if you want to ask me anything or give me any advice/tips please feel free!! im off to have a sleep now, its tiring having boobies!! all done!! my experience... 113752 all done!! my experience... 923101
maria
maria
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

all done!! my experience... Empty Re: all done!! my experience...

Post by abbie 30th July 2010, 12:45 pm

great story, thanks fior sharing. Sounds very different having it on the NHS to having it privately.
What size implants did you have?
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly1990 30th July 2010, 2:15 pm

Ahh, thanks for sharing this! Sounds great, glad you had a good time!xx
kelly1990
kelly1990
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 30th July 2010, 5:13 pm

really nice to here your story and that the hospital took care of you. Not so nice about the trouble beforehand, typical nhs not thinking how nervous we are.

Your lucky you got to stay in that long. My surgeon has told me that i will be out the next morning and if it wasnt for the fact he was worried about the traffic i would be sent home that day. xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 30th July 2010, 8:41 pm

Thanks for sharing!! Glad you got your op on that day after all the trouble with the beds! How long did it take from you seeing your GP to the day you had your op? I've just seen mine a few weeks ago and im already impatient about how long it's going to take!! xx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by maria 31st July 2010, 7:43 pm

thanks girls :) i went to see my gp at the end of april, was referred to see the ps on 14th may and then sent a letter saying my op date would be 15th august..then got a phonecall to say it had been brought forward to 27th july! i hope you dont have to wait too long, i know im really lucky to have got it done that soon though! they seem to be healing really well and cant wait to see them on tues when the bandages come off all done!! my experience... 43418 xx
maria
maria
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vicki22 1st August 2010, 11:44 am

Hi maria, im so glad to hear of your story, it didnt take long at all, you must have a really understanding doctor, im going to visit my doctor this thurday to start the process, before the op did you have really small breasts?

happy healing hun x
vicki22
vicki22
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 1st August 2010, 1:31 pm

fab story hun, i was bit confused at the bed situ at frst as i was reading, didnr realise you had it on nhs, thats great hun, how you feeling now? happy healing x
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 3rd August 2010, 12:31 pm

Just wanted to say congratulations for getting it done. I'm just starting my NHS journey, so its good to hear of it going well (in the end)
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrapuss 3rd August 2010, 1:55 pm

Great story Maria, Glad you're doing well!! x Give You
Astrapuss
Astrapuss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by Tararah 3rd August 2010, 3:06 pm

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story... I have only just had my first visit with GP about BA on NHS. Hope all is going smoothly for you xx
Tararah
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 9th August 2010, 3:16 pm

Congratulations I felt a surge of excitment when I read your story thanks for sharing hope your well x x x all done!! my experience... 727935
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by angelfish83 10th August 2010, 2:30 pm

Hey glad you are all ok

X x how are they now , when you planning on goin back to work etc and what size you had ?
angelfish83
angelfish83
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by maria 11th August 2010, 6:55 pm

thanks for all your replies all done!! my experience... 321562 i went back to work on monday and im doing fine, much better now the bandages are off as they were really tight! vicki..yes i had really small boobs before, and what i did had was slightly tubular so they werent good at all! they arent massive now at all, which im glad of as i didnt really want people to notice (in clothes!) but obviously i can tell a major difference as i now dont have to wear big padded bras! im wearing B cup sports bras at the moment but i did try a 'normal' B cup bra on the other day and it was too small so i think i'll be a B/C depending on the bra style etc. my surgeon gave me this tape to put over my scars which apparently helps the healing, its flesh coloured and waterproof which is good! i have to take it off every third night and rub bio oil onto the scars then replace the tape in the morning. he advised repeating this for a couple of months. could anyone let me know how long it took for their boobs to soften up? and did anyones get slightly bigger as the healing went on?! all done!! my experience... 113752 xox
maria
maria
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum