Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Totally gutted!

+25
ShootingStar
kesall
alfie
misf1
Crystal
dervla1
fluffy_bunn1e
kay
Astrapuss
BoobiePrize
Jaybles
*Sally*
mariajw
jodi
Jessica
Annie66
COOKIE
hattie260
Phoebe
jojo75
abbie
Elizabethvb20
mrsm
natalia
AdrianneSamuella
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Totally gutted!  Empty Totally gutted!

Post by AdrianneSamuella 23rd June 2010, 10:02 pm

Hi girls,

Remember that thread of mine regarding that strange blister looking thing at the end of my scar? Something to do with undissolved stitch or whatever?

Well, it grew bigger by the day, last week... I got worried, got an appointment with my ps for this week. Before the appointment, the blister had turned into a huge abscess hanging down the crease of my boobs and unfortunately, it burst last night. Lot of puss etc...
Saw my ps today and bad news... Totally gutted!  77873 INFECTION!! Implant contaminated, so gonna be taken out next week.

I just can't believe it. I'm so demoralised. My boobies were just starting to settle, looking like real boobs for once, looking great in bras and nice summer tops and now I'm going to end up with one boob left for two months or maybe more Totally gutted!  304294 Totally gutted!  304294

Totally gutted!  77873 Just don't understand though, I was shocked when my ps said my implant was contaminated. I had no pain, no fever, etc... all those infection signs and my boob was soft, not hot at all, dropping nicely ... I only felt pain in that bloody abscess...

Wish I had taken action sooner. Maybe I could have salvaged the implant, who knows? Anyway to you girls who have that tiny redish blister looking at the end of your scar, please make sure you get it checked as quickly as possible. Don't wait 2 weeks for it to turn into a hugemongous abscess to take action like I did. Totally gutted!  304294 Totally gutted!  304294 Totally gutted!  856466

The only consolation is that it's been spotted before it got worse so, will be on antibiotics and I'll have to get back to chicken breasts to balance lol... also a few weeks of being incapacited etc.... grrrr!!!
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Totally gutted!  Empty Re: Totally gutted!

Post by natalia 23rd June 2010, 10:11 pm

sorry to hear that hope u get it sorted soonxxxxxxxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 23rd June 2010, 10:38 pm

oh no so sorry to hear that. Hope it can be fixed for you ASAP.

Big hugs xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 24th June 2010, 3:34 am

I am really sorry to hear that too...do you mind if I ask where your incision is?
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 24th June 2010, 5:36 am

oh no, im sorry to hear that :( xx
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo75 24th June 2010, 5:48 am

so sorry to hear this and hope your on the mend soon xxx
jojo75
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 24th June 2010, 6:07 am

Awwwww hun, so sorry, thats horrible for you Totally gutted!  571992 x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 24th June 2010, 6:14 am

I have moved this to the complications section sweetie.

I am so sorry to hear this you must be gutted - its such a dreadful feeling when you find out you have to have a re-op but to know you will lose the implant for a while must be awful!

I know a couple of girls on here have been through a similar thing, I'm sure they will be along to give you some advice. We are all here to support you hun xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th June 2010, 7:02 am

So very sorry to read this Adrianna Totally gutted!  571992 Your heart sinks doesn't it when you're told you need a re-op and my heart just sank for you too when I read this post.

We're all here for you hun, holding your hand right through this. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 24th June 2010, 8:16 am

So sorry to read this Adriana - that's really bad news Totally gutted!  571992 But at least your surgeon is there for you and it *will* get sorted out eventually.
xx
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 24th June 2010, 10:05 am

Thank you babes for your kind words. Been crying all night about this. So demoralising.

The last thing I need it's more stress and off days from work and training. It's quite hard with me because I'm a personal trainer and competitive athlete and all this surgery stuff really sets me back with my training and the time I spend training my clients.

I know it's for my own good but when I think it's gonna gonna take another 2 months to get back to be 100% top of my game, it's really shattering. Then I might have another surgery to replace the implants, hence 2 or 3 more months for my muscles to get back to top form (with the chest weak, I can't practically do anything upper body wise...) Totally gutted!  856466

I'm even considering asking my ps to take them both out so it saves me the hassle. I 'm really mad. I'm going through so many emotions. I even wish I never had this op. Argh!!! I hated them from day 1. Now that I love them, this sh*t happens, grrr!!!

I just don't understand why the implants got to come out. I have no pain in my breast, none of those infection symptoms. Only that abscess hurt a bit when I touched it.
Do you think if I ask just for a clean and quick replacement, that could be possible?

To Elizabeth, my incision was at the crease. xx
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 24th June 2010, 10:50 am

Aww no! Gutted for you hun, must be an awful thing to have to contemplate...

You will have the boobies of your dreams hun, maybe the fact that it doesn't hurt and not hot etc is a good thing and will mean you get your implants replaced sooner? I don't think it's a good idea that your surgeon cleans and replaces the implant the same day as I don't think it will be very safe, your body needs to be rid of the infection completely before putting a new implant in. It's just sods law that you were finally loving your boobs and this happens, but I promise you, you will love them again once all this is sorted out!

Good luck hun, I do hope this is sorted out as quickly as safely possible for you. xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by jodi 24th June 2010, 11:45 am

Hey Adrianne, Im so sorry to hear what you are going thought, And I can only imagine the emothional distress you have. So what you need to think is, this is a temporary situation, you will be back on track before you no it. And im sure that the next pair you get will be beautiful :)

Take care hunny xx
jodi
jodi
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 24th June 2010, 9:43 pm

Thanks very much for your support, babes. I really appreciate it. I'll try to cheer up. It's very hard but , hey, that's life. xxx
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 24th June 2010, 10:21 pm

Hey Adrianne.

So sorry to hear that you have to have this done, babe. It must be so hard for you. Hope everything goes OK with your re-op and hang on in there hunni. xxx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 25th June 2010, 4:47 am

I'm so sorry but what if you had the incision in your armpit and you never knew they were contaminated until it did more harm to your body. You could have become quite sick and not known why months down the road. All you have to do is realize that every cloud has a silver lining and although it may be bad...it could have been awful.

Cheer up and don't give up! Your boobies will be so fab and if its a couple months down the road dont be sad! You have waited your whole life so just a bit longer!!

Totally gutted!  321562 Totally gutted!  948189 Totally gutted!  156694
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 25th June 2010, 12:25 pm

Hun I've only just caught up with this thread. I'm so sorry to hear what's happened. What an awful thing to happen but at least you have caught the infection early. Lots of support and love here for you babes. group hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybles 25th June 2010, 1:47 pm

So sorry that this has happened, what rotten luck!! Really do hope all goes well for you Totally gutted!  717917 xx
Jaybles
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 25th June 2010, 5:16 pm

Babes, I'm so sorry to hear about this! I can't believe you've got to have one out!? and why for 2 months? Does this allow your body to recover from the infection? I really hope you can have the op to take them out and replace them in one day. Its fabulous that your surgeon is sorting it too. Sending you lots of hugs and kisses hun. I'm thinking of you xx
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrapuss 25th June 2010, 5:45 pm

Hi AdrianneSamuella,

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a complication hun, I hope you get it sorted out soon.
Stay strong xx Hug
Astrapuss
Astrapuss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 25th June 2010, 5:48 pm

Thinking of you xx hope everything gets sorted as quick as possible xx

Totally gutted!  571992
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 26th June 2010, 1:06 pm

Aww thank you all for your support. Totally gutted!  571992

I'm trying not to think much about it but ya know, with summer and all, things are not going to be easy, especially with the other ladies out there, flashing their boobs in beautiful dresses and tops, just as I was starting doing the same too, lol! Hey, there will be another summer, right?

BoobiePrize, because the implant has been contaminated, my ps thinks it's best not to put a new one immediately, even after cleaning the area as some more germs might still be in there and I'll be at risk of another infection few weeks down the line.

So I have started a course of antibiotics until my op next week and then post op. His consultant reckons 4 to 6 weeks if everything heals well and I could book for a replacement. Fingers crossed. I know others ladies have waited more than that, hence I've programmed my mind to think for the worse.Who knows, might end up having it done again in 6 months... argh!

At the moment I got a hole under my left breast, (my ps cleaned that abscess and got rid of the dead skin etc..) I had a peep at the edge of the hole, lol, I'm not really a wimp. It's just flesh with a bit of blood. I've been proctecting it with gauze everyday.
After my consult, there was a lot of thick puss coming out of it, then it has settled for a clear liquid now. Today it was quite dry.

No pain on the breast just maybe around the incisison. I really can't wait to get over with. I just hope my right breast is not harbouring any bad surprise too...
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 26th June 2010, 1:18 pm

aw hunni, really feel for you... your being very brave and possitive though, i know its awful, but your right you ll have new boobies asap again, hugs to you hun xxx Hug
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 26th June 2010, 3:38 pm

heres just hoping it doesnt take too long, and its only 4 weeks.
xx
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 26th June 2010, 4:19 pm

Ach, so sorry to hear that adrianne. Its such a pity you have to have the implant replaced, especially as you only have pain around the incision. Obviously your surgeon knows what's best. When you get the new implant it'll probably heal and settle faster. Before you know it, it'll all be over and you'll be flashin those boobies again!!! Good luck and stay positive. You know its worth it in the end!!! x
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next