Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody making a claim?

+4
Princess_x
Concerned Husband
COOKIE
estelle74
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anybody making a claim? Empty Anybody making a claim?

Post by estelle74 3rd July 2012, 8:19 am

Hi, just wondering, has anybody spoken to solicitors about making a compensation claim?

I have been speaking to some re no win no fee, but not sure whether I 100% trust them?

x
estelle74
estelle74
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Anybody making a claim? Empty Re: Anybody making a claim?

Post by COOKIE 3rd July 2012, 10:08 am

I'll PM you a solicitor I know of where I know MANY ladies with PIPs have been in contact sweetheart, not sure how things are going for them, but they seem to be the one dealing mostly with PIPs. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by estelle74 3rd July 2012, 10:08 am

Ok thanks alot. xx
estelle74
estelle74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd July 2012, 10:13 am

No problem hun. I can't vouch for them myself and we at BJSF defiately don't endorse any solicitor here babe, which is why I haven't named them on the forum, but I thought it might help as I know they're the most popular for PIP ladies, Estelle. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by estelle74 3rd July 2012, 10:18 am

Thanks just got the message. Will look into it Anybody making a claim? 48411
estelle74
estelle74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd July 2012, 10:24 am

You're welcome sweetheart, hope they can help. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Concerned Husband 15th July 2012, 10:59 am

Hi,

Please could someone PM me with the details of the solicitor you know has been used? My wife needs to contact a solicitor regarding her PIPs, but we are not sure who to use.

She has a confirmed rupture and silicone on her Lymph nodes. The clinic had written to her saying they will replace them if there is a confirmed rupture within 6 years of the initial surgery, which there is. She had a consultation with them a couple of weeks ago and signed the various forms. Then, yesterday she received a letter from them saying that in light of the new 'evidence', they are changing their policy. She now has to pay £2500 for them to be replaced.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Concerned Husband
Concerned Husband
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 15th July 2012, 11:16 am

Cookie can you PM me the solicitor aswell please?x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th July 2012, 11:20 am

Concerned Husband wrote:Hi,

Please could someone PM me with the details of the solicitor you know has been used? My wife needs to contact a solicitor regarding her PIPs, but we are not sure who to use.

She has a confirmed rupture and silicone on her Lymph nodes. The clinic had written to her saying they will replace them if there is a confirmed rupture within 6 years of the initial surgery, which there is. She had a consultation with them a couple of weeks ago and signed the various forms. Then, yesterday she received a letter from them saying that in light of the new 'evidence', they are changing their policy. She now has to pay £2500 for them to be replaced.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Concerned husband. As we are a 'female only' forum we're unable to help 'you' hun. But your wife would be more than welcome here and if we'll do our best to support and advise 'her'.

I totally understand your concern for your wife. We have many women here who have also been through the same and will try and get the best advise we can out to your wife, but there are no exceptions to the forum rules Concerned Husband, so if you think your wife might benefit from us as a support forum, then do please direct your wife here, I assure you, it will better for 'her' to talk other women going through the same than it is for you to do it for her. xx

Last edited by cookie on 15th July 2012, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th July 2012, 11:21 am

xplayboybunnyx wrote:Cookie can you PM me the solicitor aswell please?x

Doing it now for you babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Concerned Husband 15th July 2012, 11:26 am

Hi, thank you for your help. I will ask her to join the forum for advice. Sorry, I didn't realise it was female only.

In my defence, when I signed up, it did ask me if I was Male or Female.
Concerned Husband
Concerned Husband
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th July 2012, 11:31 am

Concerned Husband wrote:In my defence, when I signed up, it did ask me if I was Male or Female.

Just under the gender options it reads - Please Note: Only women are allowed access to the forum. Men will be deleted.

You obviously just missed it :thumbs: Send your wife here hun, we'll look after her and hopefully guide her to get the best to help herself. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 15th July 2012, 12:17 pm

I'm waiting to see if mine are ruptured and if they are then I will definitely look down the claim route. But as mine are 8 yrs old I may struggle. Following the episode of Watchdog im going to try credit card company first as I paid my deposit with my card, failing that I will look at other routes. Maybe when Mr PIP goes to court something might be done that allows us to get some kind of compensation
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna1 15th July 2012, 3:17 pm

cookie wrote:
Hi Concerned husband. As we are a 'female only' forum we're unable to help 'you' hun. But your wife would be more than welcome here and if we'll do our best to support and advise 'her'.

I totally understand your concern for your wife. We have many women here who have also been through the same and will try and get the best advise we can out to your wife, but there are no exceptions to the forum rules Concerned Husband, so if you think your wife might benefit from us as a support forum, then do please direct your wife here, I assure you, it will better for 'her' to talk other women going through the same than it is for you to do it for her. xx

Hello. My husband told me about this forum and I decided to join.

Please can you let me know the name of the solicitor you know people to be using? I have found one online and there are lots to chose from. However, it would be better if it's one that others have experience of.

I didn't want to use a solicitor as I hoped it would get sorted out easily. It's a shame it's come to this.

Thank you for your help
Lorna
x
Lorna1
Lorna1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th July 2012, 3:44 pm

Hello Lorna and welcome to BJSF wavey

I'm sorry your husband was unable to stay, but given the personal nature of this forum I'm sure he'll appreciate our reasons behind the rule being in place Give You

How you feeling with the rupture Lorna? are you OK? In any pain at all? I had a ruptured implant so know the effects they can possibly cause, so if you need to talk about that, myself and others here who have had ruptures also can help support you with that lovely Hug

I'll PM you now babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna1 15th July 2012, 3:53 pm

cookie wrote:Hello Lorna and welcome to BJSF wavey

I'm sorry your husband was unable to stay, but given the personal nature of this forum I'm sure he'll appreciate our reasons behind the rule being in place Give You

How you feeling with the rupture Lorna? are you OK? In any pain at all? I had a ruptured implant so know the effects they can possibly cause, so if you need to talk about that, myself and others here who have had ruptures also can help support you with that lovely Hug

I'll PM you now babe. xx

Hi,

Oh he understands completely and was quite sorry for joining really. He was just trying to help me, as to be honest I'm not coping very well at all.

I am getting a lot of pain in my right breast and armpit. Apparently there is quite a bit of silicone there, but HMG say they wont/dont remove it.

I had the confirmed rupture about a month ago after a long wait for the scan. HMG sent me a letter saying that aslong as the rupture is confirmed within 6 years of the initial surgery they will replace them free of charge. I went for the consultation in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and was told the surgeon would put 340cc in. However, I wasn't given a date, which I was hoping for.

I suffer with severe anxiety and have done for many years. My dad died of cancer a few months ago and having this potential risk in my body is really worrying me. I have been ringing the PIP 'helpline' daily since the consultation, but just get through to the call centre, where they take your details and say someone will call you back. Nobody has called me, and I have even emailed a complaint, which has also been ignored so far.

Yesterday I got a letter through from HMG saying they have changed there policy and now there is a charge of £2500 for the implants to be replaced.

I'm so angry as they said they would replace them free of charge, but now expect me to pay. Angry doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling.

Thank you for your help, and thanks for the PM
Lorna
x

Lorna1
Lorna1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna1 15th July 2012, 3:54 pm

I should have mentioned, the initial BA was in November 2006. So still within their 6 year limit.
Lorna1
Lorna1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna1 15th July 2012, 4:12 pm

Thank you for the PM. I tried to reply, but unfortunately I don't have enough posts yet.

I have contacted the solicitor you mentioned, and that contact name about a month ago. Unfortunately he hasn't replied to me. I might ring him tomorrow.

Thank you again
Lorna
x
Lorna1
Lorna1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th July 2012, 4:21 pm

Lorna1 wrote:Oh he understands completely and was quite sorry for joining really. He was just trying to help me, as to be honest I'm not coping very well at all.

Bless him, it's good you have someone who cares so much for you Lorna, it's times like this that you really need someone and your husband looks to be quite a shoulder for you to lean on right now Heart xx

I am getting a lot of pain in my right breast and armpit. Apparently there is quite a bit of silicone there, but HMG say they wont/dont remove it.

I know and remember that pain well and my heart goes out to you, I didn't have PIPs but I did end up having 5 lymph nodes removed due to silicone bleed beyond the capsule into my lymph nodes and had a horrendous time with my clinic getting them to sort my problems out too, I ending up having to pay another 4k to make things right, because the side affects of a rupture weren't covered in my after care and I had a really hard time getting the money together, it really took it's toll on my health too, so I do fully understand what you're going through.

I had the confirmed rupture about a month ago after a long wait for the scan. HMG sent me a letter saying that aslong as the rupture is confirmed within 6 years of the initial surgery they will replace them free of charge.

Have you still got the letter Lorna?

I went for the consultation in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and was told the surgeon would put 340cc in. However, I wasn't given a date, which I was hoping for.

This was probably because your case would have first gone to the clinics compliance manager to go over before approval.

I suffer with severe anxiety and have done for many years. My dad died of cancer a few months ago and having this potential risk in my body is really worrying me.

I'm so sorry to read this Lorna there, there the last thing you need right now is health worries of your own too - Sending my deepest sympathies to you at this sad time.

I have been ringing the PIP 'helpline' daily since the consultation, but just get through to the call centre, where they take your details and say someone will call you back. Nobody has called me, and I have even emailed a complaint, which has also been ignored so far.

We're only a support forum Lorna, we don't deal with PIPs claims at all, but we can offer you a whole ton of support and we'll be there all the way for you and if we can help in any way, we will babe. Hug

Yesterday I got a letter through from HMG saying they have changed there policy and now there is a charge of £2500 for the implants to be replaced.

I really shouldn't imagine they can't just do this Lorna, you signed a contract that gave you after care cover for a specified period of time, if your rupture has occurred within the time specified then you WILL be entitled to a free re-op.

If you have all the initial details from your surgery, with signed copies, plus the letter they wrote you detailing that your surgery will be free of charge within a 6 year period they haven't got a leg to stand on hun.

I'm so angry as they said they would replace them free of charge, but now expect me to pay. Angry doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling.

Have you used the clinics complaints procedure Lorna? If not, then I suggest this be your next course of action, along with getting your claim logged with a solicitor, send the clinic 'copies' of all original documents/letters you have that would entitle you to a free re-op, the clinic then have a time frame usually 21/28 days to give you a response in writing, anything you have in writing from the clinic can always be used as evidence lovely, so it's important you keep all of this together.

It really shouldn't matter that the clinic have changed their policy, this would apply to women outside of after-care they paid good money for, you paid for that after-care Lorna, so don't let them take that away from you hun, I know the pain of fighting a large commercial clinic, but some things are really worth fighting for babe and this in my opinion sweetheart is one of them yes

Here for you anytime Lorna and do keep us updated with how things go if you can please babe :flowers: xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 15th July 2012, 8:47 pm

Hi Lorna, welcome to the forum although its a shame you are joining for not nice reasons.Just wanted to say how sorry I am for the trauma you are going through right now. I had my pips replaced 3 months ago and I was lucky they had not ruptured but one had significant silicone bleed. Have you seen your G P about your anxiety ? That in itself is awful . The girls on here are brilliant and hopefully you will take some comfort in the support you can find here. Cookie in particular is an angel and helps us all so much and the advise she has given you is spot on as usual.. Thinking about you Hug xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna1 16th July 2012, 9:34 am

[quote="cookie"]
Lorna1 wrote:
Have you still got the letter Lorna?

I have a letter dated 18th January 2012 that says:

Dear Lorna,

Firstly, thank you to Laura Burgess, Emma Toone and Rachel Oates, who met us on Saturday as representatives of concerned patients and were on the march in London. Thank you also to all our patients who have spoken to our clinics. Your message came across clearly.

We recognise that we should have listened earlier to your individual situations. We would like to say sorry to you all for this and for the experience you are each going through. We really want to help as we know you came to us because we care, and we do care.

We have listened to your worries, the most important one being concern for fellow PIP patients who have discovered that they currently have ruptures and no way to fund their removal and/or replacement.

You also identified that we need to improve communications with all our patients as well as our own staff so that there is continuity with what we are saying overall.

As discussed on Saturday we really want to do our best for our patients. We are working hard to find additional surgeons and hospitals to operate on our PIP patients. We know you will understand our first priority must be in managing patients with confirmed ruptures. We can confirm the following:

For any patient of The Harley Medical Group with PIP implants who has a confirmed rupture accompanied by a scan within 10 years of implantation, we will remove the implants free of charge.

For any patient of The Harley Medical Group with PIP implants who has a confirmed rupture accompanied by a scan within 6 years of implantation, we will replace the implants free of charge.

For any patient of The Harley Medical Group with PIP implants who has a confirmed rupture accompanied by a scan between 6 years and 10 years of implantation, we will replace the implants at cost price. Please note that cost price is dependent on the type of surgery required, which your surgeon will discuss with you during your consultation.

It's the same text that they have on their website, but it's addressed to me personally.

x
Lorna1
Lorna1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2012, 10:43 am

Have you tried the complaints procedure Laura?

Very often when dealing with patient care co-ordinators you'll get no-where fast hun, ignored calls and constantly fobbed off, but if you take your complaint in writing to higher management the clinic is legally bound to respond to 'your case' xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna1 16th July 2012, 10:55 am

cookie wrote:Have you tried the complaints procedure Laura?

Very often when dealing with patient care co-ordinators you'll get no-where fast hun, ignored calls and constantly fobbed off, but if you take your complaint in writing to higher management the clinic is legally bound to respond to 'your case' xx

I have written a letter to the complaints department and it's being sent today, recorded delivery.
x
Lorna1
Lorna1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2012, 11:17 am

Excellent! Now you've set the ball rolling you can't be ignored Lorna and I don't doubt you'll be entitled to your free re-op. Wishing you a bucket full of luck and hoping you hear back from them soon fingers crossed as you logged your confirmed rupture with the clinic before the end of your after-care your claim will still stand, even if getting it sorted takes longer than your end of contract date. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna1 16th July 2012, 11:35 am

cookie wrote:Excellent! Now you've set the ball rolling you can't be ignored Lorna and I don't doubt you'll be entitled to your free re-op. Wishing you a bucket full of luck and hoping you hear back from them soon fingers crossed as you logged your confirmed rupture with the clinic before the end of your after-care your claim will still stand, even if getting it sorted takes longer than your end of contract date. xx

Thanks for your support. I just spoke to another person at HMG who again told me then can change the terms when they like. Apparently as I'm still on the list waiting for the op, they can change the terms whenever.

When you say 'aftercare', isn't that just the 5 (I think it's 5) year care from the date of the initial op? I'm outside that as I had the op in 2006. The only aftercare I have now is what they announced after the PIP info.
Lorna1
Lorna1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next