Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day surgery

+4
Charlii
muddypaws
mrskelly
Lucy106
8 posters

Go down

Day surgery Empty Day surgery

Post by Lucy106 1st October 2015, 9:06 pm

Hello ladies - just curious... Has anyone had their BA done and come out of hospital the same day? It was discussed as an option at my consultation that I shouldn't need to stay the night but it makes me nervous! X
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Day surgery Empty Re: Day surgery

Post by mrskelly 1st October 2015, 9:25 pm

I would also like to know answer to this. It will be one of my questions at my next consultation.
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 1st October 2015, 9:44 pm

I was told by my surgeon on the day of my BA that if I felt well enough I could go home the same day as my op was at 8am. I opted to stay over night as I really didn't feel up to travelling home. Some people feel fine though, Im sure it's quiet common for people to go home the same day X
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd October 2015, 8:21 am

It's common to be offered it. I think it's handy if you're very local to the clinic. But also, to the opposite of Muddy's story, they won't discharge you if you're a day case, and you're not ready. If they need to keep you overnight for observation, they will.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 2nd October 2015, 8:43 am

My op is going to be early and my surgeon is holiday after that so hes not even going to be there next day. i only live 20mins away from the hospital so i will ask at my next consult. If im not felling up to it though i will be staying put. Thanks ladies. xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 2nd October 2015, 9:01 am

I was a day case.
Had my op at about 13:30 and I went home at 20:00

The drive home was a blurr as I was so drugged up, but I was just glad to get back to my home comforts. Hubby wanted me to stay in, and my ps said I could (at no extra cost which I thought was good) However, I went home.

I live about an hour away from the hospital i'd say? It was the Transform hospital Abbey Pines I think its called. Lovely place and staff.

Good Luck
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 2nd October 2015, 12:04 pm

Thanks ladies! I think I'd feel better by staying but you are right Charlii - they wouldn't sign off release unless I was ready.

What with kids at home etc I just think I'd get more peace in hospital but I guess I'll play it by ear! X
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 2nd October 2015, 12:19 pm

dance Hi ya 
I was in for 7.30 am had my op done at 9.45 and was at home by 6.30 pm. I would rather be home and sit in my own bed even though I was in so much pain!!!!! All was ok for me x
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by Contemptuous 2nd October 2015, 12:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I wasn't given any option by my surgeon but to stay in overnight, and part of me is grateful for that! I have two small children (one of which is a 7 month old baby who sometimes wakes in the night) so I'm sort of looking forward to a night "off"! Although I'm anxious about being away from both kids as I haven't done it before.
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by chrystal867 3rd October 2015, 6:01 am

I think my surgery a day one I will find out more on 7th ...good luck with yours I think I'd rather come home if I can...my partner will be away and I will want to go home to my children as they will be missing us both would be different if daddy was home lol xx
chrystal867
chrystal867
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down