Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uplift Dressings / Sports Bra

4 posters

Go down

Uplift Dressings / Sports Bra Empty Uplift Dressings / Sports Bra

Post by Skates 7th May 2015, 5:04 pm

Hi fellow uplifters! 

I am booked in for the 16th and having my pre-op tomorrow but just a few quick questions? 

The surgeon said I would be in dressings only following surgery and wouldnt need a sports bra or marcoms etc until the dressings came off. Is that what you all had? Or did you wear a sports bra over the dressings?

Also I know the recovery will be longer than a normal BA - how long did you all have off work and did you need all the time or could you have returned sooner than you did?

Final question, was there anything in hindsight you wish you had done differently in your recovery? I am planning to take it super easy at home, have no kids either but am just a bit concerned about the first week or so in terms of moving around and doing things. V-pillow is at the ready and I'm off to M&S now to look at shock absorbers! 

Thanks! xxxx
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Uplift Dressings / Sports Bra Empty Re: Uplift Dressings / Sports Bra

Post by dling1 8th May 2015, 5:57 am

Hi Hun. Congrats on your upcoming op. 
I had to wear a bra 24/7 for 6 weeks, my nurse put it on for me when I was taken back to my room after my op. Recovery wise it wasn't too bad, I did virtually nothing for the first week but by day 14 I was back driving. I took 3 weeks off but I think if you have a pretty physical job 4 would've been better. 
Pain wise thing weren't too bad, after about a week I was just taking paracetemol if needed and by about day 10 I didn't even need them. 
Who's your surgeon and what size implant are you having?  Smike X
dling1
dling1
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 8th May 2015, 6:40 am

Hey thanks for the info, its really helpful.

I'm having Mr Armstrong at Spire Clare Park in Hampshire. Just checked out your stats - my implants are teeny tiny compared to yours! 240cc!!

Do you think the size has an inpact on recovery too? I guess its the same operation either way and everyone heals differently anyway.

Handy to know re driving etc too - I just hate the unknown! 

xx
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 8th May 2015, 11:44 am

I wore a bra but not a high impact sport type one. I wasn't in horrific pain, only ever took paracetamol and ibuprofen, no codeine. And I'm not brave believe me! I drove after a week, took 2 weeks off work. Taking it easy wasn't easy as I have 3 kids bad a big dog. Also I like clean and tidy so all that was freaking me out! All in all though it wasn't too bad x
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 8th May 2015, 11:57 am

Good great thanks everyone. Just back from my pre-op with the cosmetic nurse who was lovely, so I am pretty much ready to go. Let the countdown begin!  clap hands
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 8th May 2015, 7:59 pm

not long to go at all!! No pain for me, was on painkillers for 5 days and went back to work early as I was so bored at home! 

I had a sports bra which I wore over the dressings. 

Worst feeling for me was the backache due to having to keep yourself elevated and not sleeping so well. Oh and the bellyache and not being able to go to the loo as a result of the codeine!

Stuff I wish I had known before hand - get laxatives in, just in case and bring lip balm as my lips were really sore after the GA. 

I also tried to keep myself lightly active, ie walking around the house, then round the block once I was up to it. Someone on crutches could probably have gone faster then me, but I think it helped. 

Just relax, don't stress about the housework and have lots of dvds, netflix etc xx
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 10th May 2015, 9:19 am

Great thanks, I already stocked up on laxatives - had surgery on my hip in Oct so I know the toilet issues that codeine brings! I see you had your uplift first then having implants later. How do you feel about going in through surgery again?
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 12th May 2015, 8:47 pm

ah so you are well prepped then!!

Ummmm, I am a wee bit anxious about it all to be honest. My uplift surgery recovery went fairly well and so I am thinking that I will have a bad time of it this time, but i don't know why! 

I am stressing about the sleep issues, as I am a side sleeper and can't really sleep on my back. I managed fairly quickly last time to move to my side, but from reading on here it can take a while, so not looking forward to the lack of sleep. 

Buuuut I am also excited, as I will have boobies!! 

only 4 days for you, how are you feeling?
x
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 13th May 2015, 7:59 pm

Hey :)

Yes a bit nervous but excited. My other half ended up in A&E with an injured shoulder last night and now cant drive for 2 weeks so had an agonising day today trying to decide whether to postphone the op but I decided to carry on with it on Saturday. Im so close the thought of pushing it back now...

So yes I'm OK. Apprehensive I guess and not too impressed that my recovery will be a bit comprimised in terms of having to try and figure out logistics with boyf and dog etc but its nothing we cant overcome. It is what it is, just have to figure it out. It will be worth it. 

I had an op in Oct on my hip and one of the first things I said when I came round from the GA was 'I'm not doing this again, Im not having my boobs done now' it took 6 months to change my mind back so you are doing amazingly well being ready to go again so soon. 

How are your scars doing? Have you used any bio oil or anything like that on them? Did you have anchor scars?

xx
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 19th May 2015, 3:22 am

Hi skates, 

Apologies for the late reply, i wasnt able to come on much as was so busy getting organised.

We have both been boobified now!! Have you had a peek? 

How are you feeling, and your poor other half? Sure, you're a wreck of a couple! Men will do anything to avoid having to look after us and do a bit of housework!

I had no issues with the GA after my uplift, so very lucky on that front. The poor lass in the room next to me reacted very badly to it.  She was throwing up well into the night, felt so sorry for her.

Yes i had the full anchor. Nipple and vertical scars already quite faint And not raised. The horizontal one is more red, raised and "angry  looking" But not tooo vicious. A Few weeks ago I started to use a silicone scar gel from boots and smeared that on.and i was gently massaging them with e45.

During my BA Mr H did a wee bit of scar revision surgery on the two ends furthest away from my arms just to make them a bit smoother. I think this is what is causing some of my pain, as the bit between your boobs can swell as well, so the swelling and scar revision combined with a tight bra band makes for an unhappy drinkeroftea! 
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 19th May 2015, 6:49 pm

Yay boobs-r-us! 

I didnt end up having the verticle scar which I was chuffed about. My surgeon wasnt keen on my marcom bra so I went home in it but have swapped over to a sports bra with cups so I'm much more comfortable. 

Still all feels a bit surreal to be honest and although Im in much less pain today they just feel so weird sitting in front of me - will take some serious getting used to I think.

They are lovely and full though cant wait for them to settle down and heal so I can start trying things on! 

Hope your scar pain settles down, and you are recovering ok from the GA. It takes a while to come out the system doesnt it. Still feel a bit swimmy and queasy if I move too fast! 

Being looked after by my one armed man! He is doing his best bless him!
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down