Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women who had PIPS with HMG and other clinics READ

4 posters

Go down

Women who had PIPS with HMG and other clinics READ Empty Women who had PIPS with HMG and other clinics READ

Post by COOKIE 15th October 2013, 5:43 pm

Even though HMG went into liquidation a woman in Ireland is proceeding with a law suit against them, so watch this space girls! If this woman wins it may open doors for you ALL!

I really hope with ALL my heart that you all get the justice you deserve.

Article here:

RAY MANAGH – 15 OCTOBER 2013

A WOMAN, who had defective silicone gel implants in her breasts, has been given leave to apply for judgment against Dublin-based Harley Medical Group (Ireland) Limited which is in liquidation/

Samantha Gibbs, from Ballintubber, Castlerea, Co Roscommon, is one of hundreds of women who have sued the Harley Group, 5 Herbert Place, Dublin 2, and two other Irish cosmetic clinics, for breach of contract in the surgical insertion of Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) manufactured implants.

The Circuit Civil Court has already heard that Ms Gibbs, in her €38,000 damages claim, stated that in 2007 as a result of widespread media publicity she had learned that her implants could rupture and leak industrial grade silicone into her body.

Judge Jacqueline Linnane was told earlier today that, due to liquidation of the company, Ms Gibbs needed to re-enter proceedings seeking judgment in default of appearance.

The Harley Medical Group clinic had been carrying out cosmetic surgery, including breast enlargement, since 1983 and was one of three Irish clinics, the others being the Clane Hospital, Co Kildare, and Shandon Street Hospital, Cork, to have used PIP implants.

More than six years ago it was revealed that the PIP implants, manufactured by French company Poly Implant Prothese, could lead industrial grade silicone into the body and there were fears the substance could be toxic and cause cancer.

Last year, after the collapse of efforts to have treatment provided by the cosmetic surgery clinics that fitted them, the Department of Health announced it would assume responsibility for the cost of removing them from Irish women if it was deemed clinically necessary.

The Department said that appropriate care on the scale required had not been forthcoming from the three clinics involved and as a result the State would fund an alternative treatment service under the National Treatment Purchase Fund.

It is believed that up to 1,500 Irish women had PIP implants fitted.  A separate entity, The Harley Medical Group in the UK, has already gone into liquidation there.

Judge Linnane said Ms Gibbs’ new application, on notification of the court appointed liquidator, would proceed on October 29

Source HERE

fingers crossed fingers crossed  for this lady... And for you ALL Xx

Last edited by COOKIE on 24th October 2013, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Women who had PIPS with HMG and other clinics READ Empty Re: Women who had PIPS with HMG and other clinics READ

Post by Gleaming 15th October 2013, 6:05 pm

Oh good luck to her ! HMG was my 1st consultation (before I found you girls) and boy was I swept up... almost booked then and there (after a PCC examined me and said what I needed!) It was doing the research of the company (and reading experiences on here) that put me off them, and I can't believe how easy it is to be sucked in by a 'lovely sweet PCC'. Luckily my medical background meant I did do my research after, but I can still remember walking into my sisters house all those weeks ago saying 'yep, I'm going with them' before I'd so much as got whiff of a surgeon ! If alls well and money is to be had your fine, but the PIP scandal has proved how ruthless these 'medical businesses' really are. It's scary :( xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Women who had PIPS with HMG and other clinics READ Empty Re: Women who had PIPS with HMG and other clinics READ

Post by COOKIE 15th October 2013, 6:19 pm

I must sound like I harp on so much on here sometimes but I do hope everyone understands that its only because I have their best interests at heart and just want them to see that there is so much more to this surgery than 'buying some boobs'

This 'business' is quite rightly as you said Gleaming from some clinics be absolutely ruthless! X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 15th October 2013, 6:25 pm

I don't think it's harping on at all Cookie. As an NHS professional 'informed consent' is pretty much our basic code, so stepping over to the cosmetic health side I assumed it would still be based on that principle. I do not feel that you can make 'informed consent' when you are being informed by a sales person, and I agree totally that this practice needs to stop. We need people like you, and sites like this because there is not enough impartial advice for private health care xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 15th October 2013, 6:33 pm

Ooh, HMG make me so angry. I still have my PIP's in my wardrobe, in hope of my hard earned £4000 back someday!!!
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 18th October 2013, 7:36 am

That's good news isn't it I hope she wins and then everyone else can follow her then it's been bad how women with pips get treted

Love Maisy. X
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down