Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In pain :-(

+6
Lisa34
Princess_x
pr1ncessmummy
Sophia6102
COOKIE
dafneylou
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In pain :-( - Page 2 Empty Re: In pain :-(

Post by COOKIE 19th September 2013, 12:41 am

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies Holliemolly wavey 

I'm so sorry to read about the suspect rupture babe, but it does sound very much like this is the case doesn't it. But until you have an MRI this can't be confirmed.

Good to read you already have an appointment through the NHS to get this sorted babe. Those PIPS really do need to come out ASAP don't they Hug 

Is it your plan to simply have the implants removed Holliemolly?

There's a lot to think about when you go through having a rupture and doing this through the NHS I'm unsure if you're aware or not as you didnt mention what your plans are other to have the implants removed? But the NHS will removed the implants only for you babe. They will not replace your implants nor will they tighten the skin after it being stretched your breasts babe. All they will do is remove the implant and perform a capsulectomy if its necessary and stitch you back up hun.

If you want new implants to go larger, or if you wish to have the implants removed but to have an uplift to make your boobs look pretty and nice and perky again then the only way you'll be able to do this love,y would be to go private.

If you have any questions at all hun, please don't hesitate to create a thread of your own and we will do all we can to help if we can.

Enjoy the forum Holliemolly. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by holliemolly 20th September 2013, 10:31 pm

Hi Cookie 

.....and thanks for your message. 

I have an appointment next week which is with the NHS. 
They are going to check that it is implant rupture and not something else behind the implant that I don't even want to think about...if you get my meaning.
Hopefully next week I will have a clear picture of what's going on with my boobie. 
I spoke to someone at the clinic and they said that they do ultra scans; that kinda bothers me a little bit because I have heard it's only MRI scans that give a 100% completely accurate picture.

Another thing that keeps playing in my mind is that I had a breast check a short while ago The women that was doing it was really annoyed with me because I hadn't rang in to inform them that I had implants. Anyway, during the mammogram she put my breast in this contraption thing and squeezed my breast between two plates so hard that I actually squealed in pain. I keep thinking, "is it normal for it to feel really painful when having one of those checks done", because I am starting to wonder if she ruptured my breast by pressing and squeezing my boobie between the plates to hard. 

I realise that the NHS will only remove and not replace the implants and I know I can't go back to no implants. That's why I am panicking. I know I will have panic attacks until they are removed, so I need to have a surgeon in mind so that I can go ahead asap...but the problem is that the (brilliant) surgeon who did my breasts has sadly passed away...and it is a minefield of choice out there. Sadly if I don't find a surgeon I fear I will have to leave them in longer until I do...and that's just crazy if they have ruptured, but I can't bear to have none in at all even if it is only for a couple of months. 

I still love my boobies and just want to have the same again or very similar if possible. 
It's strange really because when I go next week, I realise that whatever the problem, it is almost certain I will have to have surgery. panic On the one hand I don't want my boobies to have ruptured, but on the other hand what is the alternative, (the one I won't even mention)....so here I am trying to stay positive and trying to think... "well, at least I get to have NEW boobs, and they will be sorted for another few years...and maybe they will look rejuvenated"... so why is it I still love my old boobies best lol.sad smile 
xx
holliemolly
holliemolly
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th September 2013, 11:42 pm

You're right to be concerned Hollie. Ultrasound scans really aren't the best thing for detecting ruptures... They can do, but... They have been known to miss them too which is why an MRI is advised.

If nothing is detected babe and you are still concerned the problems you're experiencing are related to PIPS you DO have the right to an MRI, just sometimes an ultrasound is offered first. So don't worry Hollie. You CAN and DO have the right to an MRI if need be.

Hopefully like you say, there's nothing sinister to be concerned about all, so getting checked to rule that out will probably help you alot...(you're right to think positive sweetie Hug )

My mums had a couple of mammograms Hollie (natural breasts) and she finds them very painful too babe :( so this probably isn't related to the problem you're experiencing, but.... Its not unknown of for a mammogram to cause a rupture hun. What a horrible woman too to be so bloody insensitive at a time when you must be worried anyway having to go for a mammogram!!!! Some people sure are in the wrong jobs aren't they hun Hug 

It would probably be in your best interests Hollie to start researching now babe, so you can put the ball in motion should those things need to come out babe.

New evidence has prompted Sweden to advise all women with PIPS to have them removed ASAP hun and BAAPS are calling for the UK to do the same. Read HERE

So leaving them in if they have ruptured wouldn't for your own health babe be something to consider. Fr anyone needing their implants replacing when its not something they wanted or planned for its bloody hard hun and the thought of having to go without implants I can only imagine must be devastating hun which is why it would probably be best to have a surgeon researched and set in place now lovely.

I totally get that you still love your old boobs. I actually felt exactly the same when mine ruptured. Funnily enough, I hated how big they were but when it came time to change I was actually grieving for them! Screwy  sounds ridiculous I know, but they were a part of me and they were going to change and I panicked and kept thinking, even though they'd ruptured... They're not so bad. Its just the way our heads work Hollie, but after all is said and done, once everything is all sorted you WILL feel so much better babe.

Wishing you all the very best. Please keep us updated with how things go and remember... You ARE entitled to an MRI nothing shows on the ultrasound and you feel the symptoms are PIP related. This is your right lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by holliemolly 22nd September 2013, 8:52 pm

Hi Cookie...

I don't think they are pips...they are Mcgann or something which looks in my notes like the word Mcgann. They are silicon I feel sure...so not sure if I am entitled to a MRI scan...I sure hope I am as it is still very much a worry and the L.boob is hurting me so much. 

I now have massive bags under my eyes from lack of sleep due to discomfort and worry too. I will be glad when I know what I'm dealing with. It's the lack of colour in my nipple that's worrying me at the moment though....have you yourself or anyone else out there had that happen with a rupture...it looks like the bloods not circulating to the nipple as much as it should. Also why does the boob go bigger/swollen with a rupture...I would have thought it would go smaller or just misshapen but mine (just the one) has got bigger and feels like the implant is higher and harder.

I agree with finding a surgeon now. I really want to move from MRI scan, and if it is a rupture....straight to a surgeon theatre (private) to have a removal and replacement asap. OUT is key for me! 

Anyway...roll on next week. I wish it would hurry and come, and then I will know what I have to deal with as am starting to worry a little.
xx
holliemolly
holliemolly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2013, 9:57 pm

Its sounds from your description like you have capsular contracture rather than a rupture Hollie, although you can have both, I was told my capsule had hardened too.

When Allergan first took over the CUIs, they were called the MCGhans back then, so you can at least rest easy you don't have to worry about having PIPs inside you.

As you don't have PIPs then unfortunately you won't be entitled to request an MRI babe. Only those with PIPs can. If you feel an MRI would be more beneficial then you'd have to pay for that yourself privately.

The good news is you don't have PIPS so there's no panic to get this sorted. It does need sorting though babe, so once you've ruled out anything that shouldn't be there shall we say babe.... Then it would be best to get yourself some consultations sorted and get those implants replaced. They've done very well to have lasted you as long as they have. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by holliemolly 23rd September 2013, 7:42 pm

...hi...had a bit of a weepie day after work today....I've been so tired...so that's really worried me...but I think its due to lack of sleep, but.....tada.....have just found out it's the time of month....hurrah....I have never been so happy to see a period, at least I know the tiredness is down to that, hopefully.
Not long for my appointment now.
I priced a scan up at a private hospital and they wanted like £750. I am going to plead if they don't do one and then ask them how much for a private one. 
My boobie is swollen like mad now, and seems to be swelling to the top of my breast where the other breast is flatter, not too hard but almost like a balloon blown so full that it feels soft to touch but under such pressure it may burst  ...it feels like when my milk came in when I was breast feeding...is that how capsule hardening feels. I read your storey by the way...I read all the staff stories and found them really reassuring:-)Hug and very heartwarming. xx
holliemolly
holliemolly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 23rd September 2013, 7:53 pm

Aww bless you hun, big hugs, I hope u feel better soon-at least you have plenty of girls on here to sound off too xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by holliemolly 24th September 2013, 8:03 pm

...hi, thanks for that gleaming...appointment soon now so should know whats happening in there very soon.xx
holliemolly
holliemolly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by holliemolly 26th September 2013, 10:24 pm

Hi Dafneylou.... Give You 
....hope you're really pleased with your new boobies. I've just been reading your story. 
I am having a removal and looking to have a replacement too. I have heard of Adrian Richards but wasn't aware of him working anywhere except South. 
Where di you  have your op. How did it go. Did you feel okay quite quickly afterwards. Did you heal well..I can't remember from the first operation so have no idea as to how long is needed off work and such. 
Hope you are really pleased with your boobies. Smike  xxxx
holliemolly
holliemolly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by senora 9th October 2013, 2:22 pm

sorry to hear your news but really hope consult went well 
senora ( in same bout just started to find out what options I have ) x
senora
senora