Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-op advice

2 posters

Go down

Re-op advice Empty Re-op advice

Post by sugarplum_sassie 13th June 2012, 10:54 am

I have tuberous assymetric breast with an uneven rib cage (protruding more on my left side)

9mths ago I had a BA, my options were anatomicals no nipple lift or round with nipple lift, the decision was left to me, I choose anatomicals. It was explained to me that because anatomicals are bottom heavy this would push the bottom of the breast out raising the height of the nipple. My tissue was scored at the bottom of the breast to allow the implant to expand the skin. It was clear to me at my 3mth check that my tuberous breasts were still sat on top of my implants, my natural tissue drooping over, my nipple position was still low and even worse my left nipple almost sits in line with my underarm, I have double bubble and pain in my left breast, pressure on the breast is painful, I can feel the implant pressing against me when I lean over, hugs are uncomfortable, I can never forget I have an implant in there on my left. My surgeon believes this pain is caused by the implant pressing on my nerves therefore it is too big so I need to decrease my implant size. He has no concerns for CC, as my breast is still soft and has no obvious deformity. My right breast is the worse for tuberousness and is still "empty" I feel it needs a bigger implant to fill it out. Of course with decreasing on my left I cannot increase on my right as the assymmetry is still present and would only exaggerate it further.

At my 6mth review we discussed a donut lift or an anchor lift, but would need to review at 9mths to give more healing time, in the hopes the pain would decrease and be one less complication. The pain hasn't decreased it still feels the same as it did at 3mth and at 6mths, so I am resigned to the fact that I need to decrease my implant size. I therefore feel it's necessary to have an anchor lift given that there is still excess skin on my right and probably will be on my left after downsizing. However what I need advice on is what implant I change to, I'm hoping I will only need to go down by one size, so around a 40cc decrease, but of course will be guided by my surgeons recommendation. What I need help with is what do I change about the implant? downsizing means I have to sacrifice something be it width or projection.

I'm considering changing to rounds, as the only reason I went for anatomicals is because they are recommended for tuberous breasts and he told me I could avoid a nipple lift. Well they haven't fixed the tuberousness and I still need a nipple lift, and of course with anatomicals there is very little upper pole fullness which I actually would like, hence me considering rounds now. I don't have a clue what type of profiles to consider, with anatomicals there are only 2 projections, full and extra full, I have full. I know round implants don't equal rounds boobs, but rounds do give you more upper pole than anatomicals don't they?

My current dimensions are:

Left 335cc (or so I'm lead to believe) Width 12.5 Height 11.6 Projection 5.1

Right 375cc Width 13.0 Height 12.1 Projection 5.2

if I went for high profile round 295cc for my left, I would lose 0.5 projection and 1.25 width! if I want to keep the width I have to sacrifice the projection going for a mod to low profile, so mod profile 295cc round I would lose 1.0 projection and 0.75 width, and that's assuming I don't have to go even smaller than 295cc.

If I stuck with the anatomicals in 295cc full projection (same as I've got) I lose 0.5 width and and 0.3 projection or the xtra full 290cc would lose 1.0 width and increase projection 0.4

I just don't know what will achieve what I'm after, I can't have the size increase (I wanted this because my body frame can take a bigger implant to look in proportion) so I want the best possible shape I can get to rid the horrible tuberousness. (I like rounded boobs, full at the bottom with some upper pole fullness)

I also think my right crease needs to be lowered as I think it is still about 1cm higher than my left, which makes that breast sort of fold in half and accentuate the droop.

I feel like I do need to figure out what I want before I see him again, because what he suggested first time round didn't give me what I wanted, so how can I be confident it'll be right this time? I feel like this re-op is my only shot at getting this sorted and it has to be right.

Please can you advise me on possible implant options/dimensions, would I be better off losing projection or width? should I stick with anatomicals or for rounds?

I have a picture trail which I can PM you the details at your request. I have photos from immeddiately post op and at 6mths, not much has changed 6mths to now.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Sandie.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Re-op advice Empty Re: Re-op advice

Post by Mr Alvi 15th June 2012, 11:30 am

Hi Sandie,
Many thanks for your reply.
This will take some consideration and I am keen to see some before and photo photographs whilst considering my response. Would this be possible?

Kind regards
Rizwan Alvi
Mr Alvi
Mr Alvi
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 15th June 2012, 11:44 am

I shall PM you my picture trail details if that's ok.

Many Thanks

Sandie.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down