Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent advice needed please

2 posters

Go down

Urgent advice needed please  Empty Urgent advice needed please

Post by sianni85 31st December 2011, 1:23 pm

Yesterday I had a re-op with the Hospital Group. I had my first ba in Aug and it was much smaller than I wanted so they offered me a re-op for £2000 less. That was yesterday. Me and my surgeon agreed on three different implants that would fit me properly and for some reason I ended up with a completely different implant that is 2.5cm too tall for my frame. they start up by my collar bone!

The surgeon got called in (he wasnt working today) to see me and when he saw me he immediately offered a free re-op. He said he could do it in a couple of weeks -so that I can get on with recovery and still go on my booked holidays. Also to put me out of my misery - my life has been on hold since I started saving three years ago.

What I'd like to know is is it safe to have the implants swapped next month having only had surgery yesterday. Whilst it would be much more convenient and put my mind at ease, some of ladies have mentioned I will most likely get CC and infections.

Please can you give me some advice, I'm so stressed, don't know who to turn to and just want this all sorted in the quickest safest way possible. I know exactly what implant I want (one of the three me and the surgeon supposedly agreed to have yesterday) and my surgeon has agreed to do the free re-op with whichever implant I choose.

Many thanks
sianni85
sianni85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Urgent advice needed please  Empty Re: Urgent advice needed please

Post by John Pereira 1st January 2012, 10:15 pm

Hi!

What a terrible experience for you! Im not sure why the right implants werent used as you had agreed but it sounds like a "**naughty word** up" to use the technical phrase !

There is no good proof that early exchange of implants as you have been offered has a raised risk of CC or infection - these risks exist for all implant operations - so it should be fine to exchange them soon and get on with your life again. Please make them check before they put you to sleep that they have the implants that you have chosen available for you. You really dont want yet another operation !

Best wishes for a satisfactory result this time round!

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by sianni85 3rd January 2012, 10:01 pm

Hi John

Thank you very much for replying. It has been a horrible ordeal but I was so relieved to hear there is not definite increase of risk with another operation. That is fantastic news. Think this forum is wonderful and being able to get advice from professionals such as yourself is so helpful.

Thanks again

V
sianni85
sianni85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down