Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assymettry with uneven ribs

5 posters

Go down

Assymettry with uneven ribs Empty Assymettry with uneven ribs

Post by tashab1 29th December 2011, 8:20 am

Hi, i've been accepted by the nhs for breast surgery to even out my uneveness, I was sent for a scan after my first appointment with my surgeon where we found its not a muscle problem (polands) its my rib cage that is uneven. Anyway hes worried that if implants were put in they still wouldnt look right so was sent to another hospital for help on what to do. I have seen the thoracic surgeon who is suggesting metal plates to even the chest wall ready for implants. I tried to ask what this would involve and he made it sound soo simple but I am worried its really not going to be. Have you any experiance with this? i've been googling these procedures but not finding anything and i'm not sure if they will be breaking ribs to attach pins as such or just attaching a metal plate? Help i'm soo confused, I want to be normal but this would put a lot of strain on my family, I have two young girls one 4 and the other just 1, my husband will have to take further time off work due to this extra operation and want your opinion on whether there maybe something else that can be done instead? thanks
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Assymettry with uneven ribs Empty Re: Assymettry with uneven ribs

Post by John Pereira 1st January 2012, 10:04 pm

Hi there,

Its a bit difficult to give any advice without at least seeing pictures of your chest wall / rib cage and breasts. Generaly the operation you describe is probably a variant of the "Nuss" procedure whereby custom metal rods are inserted to shape you ribcage. It sounds a bit gruesome but it is quite straight forward for experienced thoracic Surgeons. If you can send me some pictures, or better a picture of a ct scan if you have had one then I may be able to help more.

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 20th April 2012, 8:21 am

Hi -

Tashtab1 - what is happening now with you? have you found more out since this was posted?

Sorry to jump in on this post but I have just (nov 2011) been diagnosed with Polands Syndrome and had been undiagnosed all my life as I just presented with deformed/sunken ribcage. My GP refered me to plastic surgeon because of ribs with a view to even me up, and the PS immediatly diagnosed Polands! He said I had rib problems and a small pec.

Upon seeing a diff Plastic Surgeon on surgery day he informed me that I, in fact, had NO pec major, the 'small' one was my minor. I now know that I wasnt being silly all my life going to docs and asking them to break all my ribs and reset them, which they said was just me and accept it! I would say go back to ur GP and get second opinion as soo little is known about Polands maybe your doc didnt know enough.

I saw 3 GP's, a hospital doc and had xrays etc all my life and never got diagnosed until i stumbled on the right doctor that actually had heard of it! It could still be Polands.

As a result of my lucky find in changing GP (I only moved GP as we moved house otherwise I prob still would not know!) I now have nice boobs that are more even, and my confidence is growing, although I may just ask about the above mentioned rib thing in Mr Pereira's post as my ribs are still very noticable and I am still conscious of them (I am very slim, 7.8 stone) and they stick out under tops.

If you give me a shout I would be happy to share my picturetrail with you for comparison of ribs. x
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 20th April 2012, 8:40 am

Chynna doll when you say your ribs are uneven what do you mean cause I've always worried about mine one is very smooth and a normal shape the other side is pointy and constantly sticks out its horrible x
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 20th April 2012, 8:45 am

NikitaW86 - ill pm u my picturetrail and u can see, althought the pics show more my boobs than my ribs lol. I will try and get some rib pics on over weekend and update in pics. ill let u know when iv put new pics on of ribs. Its my left side thats affected. x
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 20th April 2012, 8:57 am

Snap my left side is the uneven side it caused lots of issues when I was a ballet dancer because whenever I auditioned they picked up on it x
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 4th June 2012, 8:27 pm

Nikitaw86.
Could I ask did you just go forward to surgery or did you have your corrected before implants?
xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down