Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macrolane

2 posters

Go down

Macrolane Empty Macrolane

Post by Viclove 6th September 2011, 7:59 pm

Hi

Any advice would be so much appreciated. I had macrolane in Sept 2009. To date I have seen 2 BAAPS registered surgeons, one of which has agreed to go ahead with my BA DESPITE macrolane without any breast ultrasounds and he states it is a substance that goes away overtime which it is and after 2 years I shouldn't/ couldn't have much left. The other I asked if he would remove the Macrolane to which he said no and has yet to look at my ultrasound results. As my current ultrasound results are with the NHS who to say everything is ok (they have no knowledge of macrolane as many don't). I am now going back to the person that did the macrolane to get a scan. He has said the macrolane must be removed prior to a BA as any remaining lumps will show up as the skin tightens. The main reason I wanted the implants sorted as I must only have approx 30-20% left in my breast and I am due to get married next year and its very important to me. I do not want to return to the surgeon who did my macrolane for my BA as they are not appropriately qualified. Thankyou in advance for any advice.
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Macrolane Empty Re: Macrolane

Post by John Pereira 2nd October 2011, 7:23 am

Hello. I am just catching up with replies after a little down time so I hope things are going ok for you. Macrolane should show up on an ultrasound scan as a different density to your muscle and breast tissue. Ideally it sits in a pocket created by the surgeon who put it in which is separate to the breast. In practice there may be some in the breast tissue too. As you say this will dissolve in time. At the time of a breast augmentation a pocket will be formed to take you implant. If any macro lane is encountered at that time it can be wiped/sucked or washed out. Personally I would then also use a solution of hyalase, an enzyme that is usually used to mix with local anaesthetic and infiltrate the breast with this too. It speeds up the breakdown of hyaluronic acid which should speed up the removal of any last macro lane. I would suggest you choose an experienced surgeon and let them organise the ultrasound, as they will have a radiologist they work with regularly and can often attend the scan itself to see exactly what is going on in your breast. This is what I would do in your case so I could plan the surgery with you and you could see the macrolane on the screen. I hope this helps and isn't too late. Please let me know how you are getting on.
Jo
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down