Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hitting a brick wall

3 posters

Go down

hitting a brick wall Empty hitting a brick wall

Post by princess-natalie 13th March 2011, 10:38 pm

hi i am new to the forum so apologise if i rant on too much ;)i had my first BA in june 2006.it took me from 32b-32dd with 390cc (unders i think) i have discovered that they are pip implants. i went to my docs to refer me for mri/ultrasound as iv been experiencing stabbing/sharp pains and some deflation. he called me back after 4 long weeks and told me there is nothing he can do. it is not compulsary for the hospital to see me. if i am that concerned to go private. i dont have the £300. :( i contacted the company i went with to have my BA who have suprisingly closed and opened as a new name. i have tracked down my surgeon who ony corrispondes through email and he told me to arrange a consultation through his assistant for the sum of £50 and an hour drive.but he would replace my implants for £3500.
any advice where to go regarding the pip implants, and should i go with my old surgeon as this is the best price i have recieved so far?
thankyou so much Give You
princess-natalie
princess-natalie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

hitting a brick wall Empty Re: hitting a brick wall

Post by Peachy34 13th March 2011, 10:45 pm

Hi hun sorry you've had to go through this it must be a terribly worrying time for you quite a few ladies on here have had the PIPS replaced.

Did you have a good experience with your previous sugeon other than them using PIPS is that why you want to use him again or is it purely the price. If it was me I would shop around for who has the best established reputation and aftercare as once bitten and all that.

Good luck whatever you decide x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by princess-natalie 13th March 2011, 11:14 pm

thanks for your reply :).
im not working at the minute as im a single mum,so i dont have the money to go and get them replaced straight away. im am saving up the £1000 deposit then hopefully getting my parents to get the rest on finance,and i pay the finance. i never had any problems with my surgeon he was really nice. its just a little of f-putting that he takes ages to reply to my emails and has only replied once iv mentioned getting them replaced, but his price is really good? if anyone knows of a good surgeon and good realistic price, do let me know.:)
princess-natalie
princess-natalie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John Pereira 17th March 2011, 10:12 pm

Hi There.
Its an all too familiar story Im afraid. It doesnt help that we still dont have a precise answer from the powers that be regarding the overall safety of the PIP gel.
Your implants are 5 years old and should still be ok but a cheaper scan would put your mind at rest whilst you save and look around for a surgeon.
At our hospital, the McIndoe Surgical Centre we have now set up a scan for £50 ish - done by a fully qualified radiologist to image implants. We have done this mainly to help people in your position but anyone who is worried about whatever implants they have can use the service. Remember If the implants are ruptured, Nagor are offfering free implants to replace PIPs to surgeons who use their products. If they are not ruptured then you would have to pay for new implants so choose a reputable brand. Again as a response to the PIP problem we are about to launch a £3k package to replace PIPs to include Nagor implants. The cost is a little higher if lymph nodes need to be remove too as this takes longer but can almost always be done under the same operation. I have been very busy doing these replacements recently and it is frustrating that ladies are facing the problem with little help from the surgeons who put them in originally - I never put any in as I though they were too cheap to be good, I have spoken to some surgeons who were aeeing them rupture frequently but kept putting them in because they were cheap - Unethical in my view but unfortunately true.
Let me know if I can be of any help or for further advice.

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by princess-natalie 18th March 2011, 9:31 pm

hi jp thanks for your reply. i just cant make my mind up on which surgeon/implant to go with. i spoke to redrose who are doing eurosilicon for £3000. the lady told me i could go bigger and it is all one price-no extra cost. from beginning to end it is £3000. she told me if they havent ruptured its just a matter of time, they need to be removed! the very next morning i spoke to another lady from the same company and she told me this is not true its an extra £500 for a bigger implant and that the surgeon would not let me have a bigger implant he only does like for like because there is too many complications if my pips have ruptured?how can two people working for the same company tell me 2 different things within hours of speaking to them?? i am tired of hearing soo many different stories? i just know i would like these implants out and to get my confidence back as i hate these dreaded things.i would like to go bigger also. can you let me know when you launch your 3k package and any more info regarding this please? takecare, Natalie xx
princess-natalie
princess-natalie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John Pereira 18th March 2011, 10:25 pm

Hi Natalie
Yes I will let you know - I dont understand why a bigger implant costs £500 more as they all cost the same. I also dont understand why a surgeon would refuse to make you larger when exchanging implants - it is a bit odd information and inconsistent hence confusing. I think we are launching in a week or so - not long to wait, but equally if the implants are intact dont feel rushed - "its only a matter of time" puts you under undue pressure .

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira

Back to top Go down

Post by princess-natalie 7th April 2011, 9:34 pm

hi jp, just wondering if you have launched your 3k implant replacements yet? i am looking to have these replaced end of may beginning june?
natalie x
princess-natalie
princess-natalie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John Pereira 14th April 2011, 10:35 pm

Hi Natalie
Any day now !
I will send you a contact number by PM after this weekend.

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down