Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking advice x

3 posters

Go down

Seeking advice x Empty Seeking advice x

Post by Sparrow2435 25th February 2011, 12:25 am

Hi, I'm new to this site. I joined because I want to find out more about the possibilities of surgery on the nhs and the requirements. I have looked at other sites and forums concerning this, however I'm slightly confused on a few things due to the fact everyones encounter with the nhs has varied, and I wanted a more direct answer for my situation.

I'm 18 years old and I currently live at home and study at college. I have had different sized breasts since puberty,which started early when I was in year 5 of primary school. One breast developed a lot while the other only did slightly and now they are about two cup sizes apart. This is very frustrating and depressing for me ecspecially when I want to wear certain types of clothes and do certain things like wear a bikini! people have noticed the difference in the past which has humiliated me and made me feel very uncomfortable!

I've been to the see my GP before I turned 18 and already did some research so I knew the ins and outs to a basic level, she said she couldn't do anything until I was 18 which I accepted, although very hard, and suggested that I used the 'chicken fillets' in the meantime- very annoying as my breasts were nearly the same in size but were different shapes so it looked just as bad.

Looking now for a permanent solution seeing as I'm 18, I'm going to go back to see my GP, however before I do this I would really like to get some advice about my situation so I can prepare myself for what they might say (I'll be devastated if they can't do anything).

The funding of going private is virtually impossible for me seeing as I'm a student and can't even afford to run my car on my own, despite having a part time job! After reading comments on other sites I am becoming increasingly worried that I am not worthy of getting the op on the nhs which I couldn't bare. this has been a problem since puberty first started and has stopped me from doing many things and has affected my self confidence hugely.

I'm sorry if this post is exactly the same as others. I know that there are probably worse cases than mine, and i might not deserve the nhs treatment. However I would very much appreciate any comments regarding this post

(p.s really sorry if I posted this in the wrong place :/) xxxxxx
Sparrow2435
Sparrow2435
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Seeking advice x Empty Re: Seeking advice x

Post by misf1 25th February 2011, 12:40 am

You have posted in the correct place hun dont worry. I dont have much experience with the NHS but I;m sure the girls that do will be along to help out with advice and their own experiences. You shouldn't think that you are not deserving of NHS help hun, by the sound of it you would meet the criteria for their help. As you know funding for these ops can be a bit of a postcode lottery (which is awful). Good luck hun I know it's a difficult and the waiting around for answers can be long.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 26th February 2011, 9:41 pm

Hey,

I know the criteria for a BA on the NHS for assymmetry is a difference of 2 cup sizies, which you mention you have and then go on to say your breasts are quite equal in size, so im not sure if you would meet this? For example, I currently use a chicken fillet to even out mine, but theres still a reasonably obvious difference. Also, you can have surgery on the NHS for Tubular Breasts, which is a possibility as you say yours are different shapes. Try googling it and see if yours are similar maybe? I went to my GP with assymmetry and later found out from my surgeon that I also have Tubular breasts.
I'd say go and see your GP anyways, as there will always be a possibility, especially if you say how much it's affecting you. Even if the difference isn't enough to get funding straight away, it's psychological impact on you could over rule that. They may get you to see a psychologist who might support your application, depending on the consultation.
Another bit of advice I'd give you is to try and get this unworthyness out of your head. Much more easier said then done I know, I've been there myself, but my whole process of applying for funding probably would have been alot easier and less stressful, and probably quicker, If i had got rid of this mentality.

As a student aswell, Im in exactly the same position as you financially. It seems impossible to save any money on our maintenance allowances, but I've kept myself to a really really strict budget by the summer I should be approacing the 2 grand mark in my savings, having been massively overdrawn at the beginning of this academic year. Its easier to be strict when you want something so much. I started saving, just incase things didn't go very well with the NHS. This might be a good idea for you as well?

If you've got any more questions about anything, feel free to ask.....I've just come out of the other end of the funding application!! Good Luck with your GP.
Xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow2435 27th February 2011, 11:13 am

Thanks for both of your comments, they've made me feel a lot better about things an I've booked an appointment to see my GP this week. Sorry I didn't explain myself too well about the chicken fillet thing..with it in place, It makes my breast nearly the same size as the other, but there is still a difference which can be noticed. It also makes them look different shapes because my other breast sits natural. the push up created from the chicken fillet on the smaller breast still doesnt compare to that of the larger one, so although there's padding at the bottom if the breast, you can still notice they are different sizes.
I'm not the best at explaining things sorry xx
Sparrow2435
Sparrow2435
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down