Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie please help

Go down

newbie please help Empty newbie please help

Post by caz1976 on 12th May 2010, 12:02 am

hi everyone was wondering if any of you can help,i plucked up the courage a fortnight ago to see my gp about the size of my breasts im a 30a,as since about the age of 16 im now 34 they have caused my life a misery.my problems are the same as everyones on here ashamed of them i dont let my partner see them i cover up all the time i try not to let them be seen by anyone i feel more sorry for my kids i have four as i cant take them anywhere swimming etc for the obv reasons i feel so down ive had this for so long im exhausted by it .anyway after crying my heart out to my gp who told me he wasnt sure if ba was available on the nhs he reffered me to my local hospital to see a plastic surgeon,that appointment was today i was their the whole of 5 minutes ,as soon as i walked in he looked at my notes and said ba wasnt available on the nhs for psychological reasons he said i must of caught him on a good day as when he gets refferals from gps he usually sends them back but he decided to see me as he said my gp had wrote a strong case for me in his refferal ,when he got got off his mobile he asked me to undress and said i had breast tissue and i was equal in breast size but i did have very small breasts but still nothing could be done he didnt ask how it affected me emotionally or anything .now i dont know what to do ive booked an appointment with my gp for tomorrow but i dont know what to ask of him can he put me on the waiting list ,or ask pct to fund it ,or should i ask for a psychologist to help my case im at my wits end ,should i ask for him to refer me to another plastic surgeon at the same hospital or would it be best to try another please if any of you can help or give me advice id be greatful i live in the west midlands is it a postcode lottery to whether you get ba and if so does anyone know what my area chances are thx
caz1976
caz1976
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

newbie please help Empty Re: newbie please help

Post by COOKIE on 12th May 2010, 6:28 am

I moved this to the NHS section of the forum hunni, I thought you'd get a better response here from the ladies who have been through or are going through this.

I know nothing of how the NHS works, but wanted to wish you luck hun. xxx

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  newbie please help 48411

newbie please help Bannercry

newbie please help As1cTvj0g410000MTA4MjM3bHN8ODQ2M3p8TXkgTmV3ZXN0IEJvb2JpZXMgV2hvb3AgV2hvb3Ah

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE on 12th May 2010, 6:29 am

Oh and big welcome to the forum Caz! newbie please help 368291

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  newbie please help 48411

newbie please help Bannercry

newbie please help As1cTvj0g410000MTA4MjM3bHN8ODQ2M3p8TXkgTmV3ZXN0IEJvb2JpZXMgV2hvb3AgV2hvb3Ah

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 12th May 2010, 7:27 am

hello caz and wellcome,
id ask if you could see another plastic surgeon, same sort off thing happened to me but i have tubular breasts with allmost a cup size diff in size but anyway the first surgeon i saw was horrid to me..said she didnt even hear anyone getting a ba on the nhs, very nasty and didnt let me try to explain why i wanted this so much and my feeling,
i asked my doc to see another surgeon i waited a week and got the appointment and lucky for me he was lovly wanted to put one implant in at first but i thought wont this just make the problem worse? so we talked and its sorted im having two, im not sure about the funding part because i didnt have anything to do with that my surgeon just said he will sort it out. i first went in feb and im getting the opp on the 4th june, hope todays visit with the doctor goes well xx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 12th May 2010, 7:58 am

hiya hun. i am currently going through the NHS and am VERY flat chested, less than 36aa! they have no shape and dont fit with my body at all!-i have been reffered by my GP, and have heard back from my PCT-they said that aslong as i have a healthy BMI (check) have stopped smoking (check) have a psychological assesment to ensure i am mentally stable enough to have the op (i havent seen them yet-but hopefully that will be a check lol) and that when i have the scan to measure the size of my breast tissue against the size of my ribcage and it falls below the bottom 5%of the average size, or something like that (my GP said that mine should....) then i will be able to have the op.

id go back and have a chat with your GP, they are supposed to do BA for people with severe assymetry (i think its 2 cup sizes), very large breasts (that cause back pain etc) severe tubulour breasts (they have to fit the criteria) and those who are severely underdeveloped and flat chested-like me with no shape whatsoever. maybe the surgeon thought that you had small breasts but not small enough to qualify? the criteria is very tight, alot of people want the NHS to fund their boob jobs, and they juist cant afford to do that, thats why they have these guidlines in place. but like you said in some areas it is a postcode lottery which seems very unfair.

hope this helps you a bit. but just have a chat with your GP, see if they can find the guidlines for your local PCT, it my be that they only do surgery for assymetry and reduction in your area.

xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 on 12th May 2010, 1:14 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, my dr wouldn't even look at me let alone refer me, so hopefully he/she will be able to suggest something for you. Sounds like you have a very good Dr.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by caz1976 on 13th May 2010, 1:04 am

thx all for your responses i went to my gp today and told him what happened at my consultation with the plastic surgeon,he said if i think i was trested unfairly then to make a formal complaint to the hospital.Other than that he said their was not much else i could do so i basically told him all the info id found out about other peoples stories and how they got ba on the nhs mentioning the pct etc and he said that he cant go straight to them the plastic surgeon has to do it is this right? he also said if one surgeon said no they all will anyway i felt like the doors was being shut in my face so i asked what i could do now,he has asked me to wait for him to receive the reply from the surgeon i saw and in the meantime to go to counselling i told him i dont need this i just want my boobs bigger and no amount of counselling about my body image was going to change this but he said overall id have to get counselling before id be considered for ba anyway so i aggreed to do it. He asked me to go and see him in two weeks as he should of received the surgeons reply by then and wed go from their.I really feel like im being fobbed off im sure their has got to be a way i just dont no how much pressure to put on my gp to fight my case ? what else can i do if anyone has got any ideas then please let me no once again thx for all the replies its nice to be able to talk about this instead of it eating away at me xx
caz1976
caz1976
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on 13th May 2010, 6:06 am

Sorry to hear you are not having much look hun xx I don't have much faith in the NHS full stop xx

I don't have any ideas but wanted you to know I was thinking of you xx newbie please help 571992

newbie please help Event

newbie please help Event

newbie please help Event
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 13th May 2010, 7:59 am

like i said before, there a guidlines, and strick criteria, these vary from area to area. the GP is the one that refers you, and the plastic surgeon is the one who decides what they could do for you, he will see breasts of all shapes and sizes, he may have felt that yours were not as small as some of the woman that he sees?
im sorry that you are left dissapointed, but just keep in touch with your GP, or even see another GP and see what they can do? if all else fails, then you may have to look inot going privatly?

xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia X on 13th May 2010, 8:03 am

If you have no luck with the NHS, have you thought about going private? paying for it yourself? or is that not an option? x
Mia X
Mia X
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 15th May 2010, 6:31 pm

Hiya,
I have had a hard time with the NHS for 4years now, been partly my fault having kids and partly their fault for being the nhs. I am finally feeling like am getting somewhere but the last 12 months have been hell for me, but i never gave up. Please dont give up just yet, it is a postcode lottery but all it needs is for one gp to agree and one surgeon to help and thats you happy. xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by caz1976 on 15th May 2010, 10:37 pm

my gp does agree he thinks its affecting my life to the degree that i do need to have surgery,it was just the surgeon he was a right so and so ,i just need to find a surgeon to agree with my doctor. can you ask to see a surgeon out of my area as i no i can choose the hospital but does it have to be local.
caz1976
caz1976
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum