Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens next? Please help :)

5 posters

Go down

What happens next? Please help :) Empty What happens next? Please help :)

Post by slw18 6th May 2010, 3:09 pm

Hi, I'm new here, hoping to get some good advice! I've been going through the process for a year now trying to get funding from the NHS for a BA. Just some info - I turned 18 in January and I'm a 36AAA, pretty much flat on the left, my right boob is absolutely tiny, but it's there at least haha. Had blood tests, hormone checks, had to provide proof of my size, that sort of thing. Yesterday I received a letter saying I met the criteria for the procedure and they agree to my GP referring me to a consultant. What does this mean - am I being funded?

Just wondering what the next step is, and also if I'll have any say in the size I get? I'm asking this because I'm just about 6'2", so extremely tall for a girl, and my hips are about a size 14, so I'm hoping I don't just get given B cups as I feel this would still look way out of proportion... I'm hoping to get about a D cup, not because I want huge boobs, but because they probably won't look like a D cup on my body! Really worried about this - don't want to go through surgery to still feel like a freak. Any advice will be really helpful, thanks :)
slw18
slw18
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

What happens next? Please help :) Empty Re: What happens next? Please help :)

Post by debiegreen1987 6th May 2010, 4:03 pm

hi, you would have to see a surgern after your GP so getting referred is the first step, im not too sure about the size thing as im a 34 b ish (ish) because ones bigger than the other by at least a cup size, im getting mine done on the nhs on the 4th off june, so ill be happy to let you no what they say about size, im 5'5 size 10-12 and 10 stone so im really not too fused as what size i get as long as there "normal" again o and im having to have a uplift too.
p.s i first went in feb to my GP xx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by slw18 6th May 2010, 4:22 pm

You're so lucky, I first went to my GP in May 09 and waited 4/5 months for blood test results to prove it wasn't the pill affecting my body shape. :( That would be fab if you can tell me what they say about size. what happens when you see the surgeon? is that when they decide? xx
slw18
slw18
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 6th May 2010, 4:40 pm

the first one i saw wasnt so nice and said i would have no chance, but the second was lovly he explained what he would have to do took photos asked me to fill out the forms and went the nurse said i would have the opp in at least 12 weeks but i think i am lucky as you said, i just got the letter today saying about pre opp ect i can start to beleave its going to happen now iv seen the dates and everything in black and white....i didnt really ask about size because i was just so happy he said yes but ill defo let you no what he said x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pipple 6th May 2010, 6:31 pm

Unfortunately you don't have much say with the NHS what size you'll be. But you PS will measure you and will make you nicely proporation. My surgeon wouldn't tell me what sizes his used to after surgery.

Good luck with everything
pipple
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 6:17 pm

By the sounds of it, it looks like you've been accepted. The thing about the NHS a lot of it is a waiting game. You'll prob get another letter through getting you to come to hospital for a pre-op or for a more in-depth talk with a surgeon.

I had my op on the NHS and remember going for all the hormone/blood tests too. :)

Good luck to you!
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 6:20 pm

by the way they will give you a size which looks natural with the rest of you. Please dont think they give everyone the same size becuase its not true!!
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 18th June 2010, 7:04 pm

i agree with cleo, im in a 34 d bra, my implant size were 220 in right 160 in left, they look like they are the perfect size for my fame, but iv heard off other woman getting alot bigger and they have a smaller frame? hmm think all nhs PS are different
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 19th June 2010, 4:20 pm

I think they are all different, but people who think its a 'one size fits all' are mistaken! I mean they wouldnt give the same size implants to one person who was a size 16 and the other a size 10!!

In my experience anyway I didnt expect I could dictate to them what size I wanted, but they gave me a size that was the largest they could fit at the time as i had little breast tissue they didnt want to tear the skin!
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 19th June 2010, 7:34 pm

i seen my surgeon and i got some say in what i would like. I am 5ft 6inch, 9st 6 but am in a size 12. I have had 3 kids and in every pregnancy i wnet up to a 34e and then back to how i was before kids which is a 34c/d in my left and an 34a in my right. I asked him if i could be how i was when pregnant or close to. When i seen him again to confirm size he got a nurse to give a second opinion on what size looked best on my frame and it was a very long decision for all 3 of us. They do take alot of time to make sure they get the best for you xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum