Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Empty newbie! been reffered for BA by GP...

Post by pinkprincess881 on 29th April 2010, 7:37 am

hey girlies! im new on here, newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 368291 ive been posting recently on another forum (and i have already spotted a few familiar faces on here-so appologies in advance if your reading this for a second time!) i was 'googling' info on NHS breast enlargement and stumbled across this place....its amazing what little gems you find isnt it?! lol

anyway im 21, almost 22, and have a beautiful 2 and a half year old daughter ,who is my little pink princess (hence the name! lol) im a 36aaa...ive got big-ish thighs and lets say ''womanly'' hips (lol) you know the saying curves in all the right places? im half way there! lol. its affected my quite alot since being a young teenager. every single person i have ever known since the age of 14 has made some kind of hurtful comment or jibe (apart from my amazinlgly wonderful BF newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 67188 ) ....im talking friends, mum, dad, brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, cousins, work collegues, friends of friends, STRANGERS?, all my bosses, even my midwife newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 77873 ......no really!! i was a bit more relaxed about it pre-baby, i always kinda held on to the fact that i was still young, and could just be a 'late developer'. every night i would go to sleep full of hope that in the morning i would miraculuously wake with my vwery own pair of gloriously perky boobies planted on my chest....but sadly no, god decided not to wave that magic wand of his! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 62722 when i was pregnant my boobies never got any bigger, which made me look pretty odd, a huuuuuuge bump (8lb 15oz baby-plus fluid!) 'canckles', bloatedness, but no boobies (i think the old ladies on busses had a field day, i think they thought i was about 13! i could almost hear their dissaproving thoughts, and thier barely hushsed tuts!) after i had my little angel it all kinda dawned on me, im an actual adult, i am a mother, i have a house, i pay bills and everything. im done developing....HAD I EVEN STARTED? newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 304294

although i have been quite light hearted so far, this has affected me so very deeply for a loooooooong time. im constantly carrying this secret around with me-god if everyone thinks my boobs are small with all the padding and fake chicken fillets, what would they say if they actually saw them?!! it like somehting i have to constantly hide form them. and i will NOT let my BF touch them, which affects our sexual relationship. it can be hard for him to undertsand just how badly this affect me day to day, -eventhough he tries to understand!

aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, i went to my GP about 6weeks ago, and as soon as i sat down the tears just started rolling, newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 304294 and i could barely get out my words. it was THE hardest thing ive ever had to do (and ive endured a 24 hour labour by the way!) id been holding it in for so long (well wouldnt you if you had such 'supportive' family and friends!) at first she tried to have the 'everyone is different, embrace what you got' chat. but i told her that i undertsand this, but i am severely underdeveloped for my age and frame. she evetually took a look, the most embaressing moment of my adult life newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 375568 BTW! she looked shocked and said 'oh you have muach less breasts tissue than i had anticipated!' (way to kick a gal when shes down!) anyway she immediatly said that she was reffering me for a BA. i have spoken to her since, and she said that all the other 5 GP's in my doc surgery have agreed to the referal and she posted it on the 8th. my next step apparently, is to have some kind of scan that measures the exact size of breats tissue in relation to my thorax (posh word for rib cage i think!) this will apparently scientifically prove that i have tiny tiny boobies....honestly if you saw them you wouldnt think that i had to have it scientifically proven! lol. but if it will help back up my case for funding, then bring it on! lol

OMG THANKYOU FOR READING THIS SO FAR! i was just wondering what i should expect next? does anyone now about waiting times-im from west yokshire (i know this can vary from area to area) anyone been or in a similar possition to me? anyone been for this scan thingy?
thankyou so much girlies
xxxxx
newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 184153
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Empty Re: newbie! been reffered for BA by GP...

Post by COOKIE on 29th April 2010, 7:46 am

I can't help with information about the NHS pinkprincess bit I'm sure someone will be along to offer advice soon. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and tell you how brave I think you are in taking the steps you have so far hunni.

Good luck on the rest of your journey to get your new boobs babe. xxxx

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 48411

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Bannercry

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... As1cTvj0g410000MTA4MjM3bHN8ODQ2M3p8TXkgTmV3ZXN0IEJvb2JpZXMgV2hvb3AgV2hvb3Ah

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Empty Re: newbie! been reffered for BA by GP...

Post by pinkprincess881 on 29th April 2010, 7:52 am

thank you so much! sorry i know it was a bit of a long post! (and your one of the people i recognise from 'the other forum!' lol)
im not telling anyone appart from my BF, i think that people will be very dissaproving about the fact that im seeking help through the NHS (eventhough its mainly their comments that have fuelled this!) and i come from a small village and news (ie other people private business) speads like nothing you have ever seen befor-and ive had my dirty laundry aired for everone to see my fair share of times! lol. plus the fact that EVERYONE already mocks my lack of boobs, i dont wanna go through my actual current size with them, and put up with endless jokes and jibes even more!

xxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE on 29th April 2010, 8:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:thank you so much! sorry i know it was a bit of a long post! (and your one of the people i recognise from 'the other forum!' lol)

LOL, yes, I'm yoghurtpot 'over there' :wavey:

Your post isn't long at all sweetie, it's great to have the opportunity to get to know you a little and wonderful that those who can help have so much information from you.

Enjoy the forum hun Hug

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 48411

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... As1cTvj0g410000MTA4MjM3bHN8ODQ2M3p8TXkgTmV3ZXN0IEJvb2JpZXMgV2hvb3AgV2hvb3Ah

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 29th April 2010, 8:13 am

cheers babe! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 571992
yeah ive keopt the same name...boring i know! lol but ill end up forgetting it otherwise, and reading my post and thinking OMG thats just like me....wait a minute-that is me! doh! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Icon_eek
eeek! its all so excited-wlthough i do know that at the minute im only at the petrol station filling up the tank on my way for a loooooooong drive ahead interms of progress (sorry i like to make strange comparisons, as you will sooon see lol!)

xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobsplease on 29th April 2010, 10:26 am

hi there...There was a girl on here who just had a ba on the nhs last week and she was very forthcoming with information, maybe someone else remembers her name or see if you can find the post, it has nhs on in the title.
I'd just like to say I know Exactly how you feel, I felt exactly the same only the name calling and bullying stopped really when I left school. Partly because I've hidden it SO well with speciality boob enhancers (that my mum had to sew into bras) chicken fillet and eventually just ridiculously padded bras with extra gel inserts. Not fun at all. I'm also 22 and feel if I'd let it carry on it would've continued to ruin every relationship if ever had. I too tried to get help on the nhs with less luck unfortunately... It started off well, saw a lady GP and she understood but tried putting me back on the pill (yeah coz that's gna work suddenly isn't it..Not!) but anyway I Gave it a go. When I went back and this is the best bit she said "remind
me why your here again... Oh yeah your the one with No Boobs"... I couldn't believe my ears. But anyway she left and the next doc I saw told me there was no way I would get it because of the credit crunch. It was at tha point I gave up and decided to go it alone. I did feel a litttle bad about getting it on the NHS anyway but I really wouldn't. It is an issue, it is affecting your life.

Maybe I should get to my point... Lol you may really have to push them, I was told at first by the doc that I should be expecting to wait at least a year (that could have been to try and put me off) but I'm just trying
to warn you.

You are doing the right thing and it really will change your life, I'm only 8 days and getting my stitches and a proper look at mine today and I can't wait to get on with my life. And have 'Naked Sex' haha. Best of luck and Hope the scan thing :-s goes well. Xxxx Rant over!!!!!!!
Boobsplease
Boobsplease
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by scarybiscuits on 29th April 2010, 10:35 am

welcome to the forum hunni
i attempted to get mine done on nhs but got told that i would only be able to get them done if i had a severe case of tuberlous breast, which is funny really as my surgeon on my op day said this is what i do have!!!
the waiting times on nhs are very long due to funding etc and they dont do that many these days im told.
just try and be patient i am sure that you will soon have a ticker and a date and then before you know it it will be ur boobie day!!!!
at least u managing to get them done on nhs hun x
scarybiscuits
scarybiscuits
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 29th April 2010, 12:22 pm

hey all! i posted a reply earlier, but it seems t have mysteriously disappeared into the deap dark depths of cyber space....

aaaaanyway. thanks for your replies so far! i know that i still have a long way to go, and probably a bit of a battle n my hands too! but im gunna fight my corner each step of the way. i am really really underdeveloped, and i asked my GP what my chances of accpetance were. she said obviously she couldnt make any gaurantees, but in her professional oppinion she thought i had a VERY stong case.....so *fingers, toes arms and legs crossed*........ newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 184153 watch this space lol!!

xxxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE on 29th April 2010, 12:59 pm

I'm watching!!! Shocked And lots of luck sweetie! :thumbs: xxx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie on 29th April 2010, 1:34 pm

Pinkprincess I really feel for you hun, thank goodness you've got the support of your lovely man. I've never had to endure the unhappiness of not having boobs, but I can imagine how hard it must be for you. I sincerely wish you all the best on your journey with the NHS and hopefully it won't be a long one. Goodluck hunnie. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5838

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 29th April 2010, 3:46 pm

hiya, if you read my other posts on NHS you'l get a bit off info because i first posted on here when i got referred by my doctor then to see the sugern which said no then another who said yes, so im on the waiting list at moment i first went docs at end off jan and i rung up yesterday and found out im have the opp on the 4th off june which is'nt a bad wait really?
i got told loads off diff things off loads off gals saying i would have to see a srink and have to get the funding ect and everything i got told to whats happend is really different,
went docs...
went 1st surgern = said no
went 2nd " " said yes
got told the wait would be at least 12 weeks.
2 weeks later iv rung and found out a date..
i asked about being funding and what would happen but all i got told is the surgern i was with didnt need to send off for funding to i would defo get the opp....sorry if its confusing im getting confused as it is. Btw im not small (34b) iv just got one bigger than the other and they look horrid, i thought mine would change once i had my son ( whos 4 next week) but never did...
anyways hope you can understand all off this lol xx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 29th April 2010, 4:24 pm

hiya everone, just trying to remember what i put on my 'mysteriously lost' post lol.

''boobsplease'', i think the comment made by your GP beats my look of shock/horror/suprise and forever immortal lin ''oh, yeah they are much smaller than i aniticpated.....*little alkward silence*'' by my GP!

its very frustrating that the funding criteria from area to are seems to vary so much, which results in all these girls unknowningly taking part in this 'post code lottery'! i mean its understandable that not everone gets accepted, they have to have guidlines for it, but its not like i walked in there like some glamour girl wannabe with a perfectly perky pair of DD's wanting to go to a FF so i can grace the covers of FHM (not slating those who want to do this, but obviously its up to them to dig deep!) i litterally cant even fill a training bra.....*oh the shame*

debiegreen-i totally agree, i have been told sooooooooo many different things, including the psychologist thing! and yeeeeeears on the waiting list (alhtough i have been informed by 2 NHS workers that this 20week rule is being enforced right now-so they must meet their targets!) the apllying for PCT funding thing does sounds reeeeeeeally daunting newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Icon_eek but hopefully my GP will be doing this-if needs must.

i just cant wait for the day when i dont look down only to see an ill fitting top, gaping bra, manky chicken fillets (not that there dirty or anything lol, i just mean manky in colour, feel, and concept lol!) and very sorry looking nipples staring back at me! *daydreams about looking at my very own pair of boobies complete with killer cleavage* sigh.........

xxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm on 29th April 2010, 5:28 pm

Hi pinkprincess welcome2

I don't have any experience of trying to get boobies on the nhs, but I've just read all you've said here and wanted to say good luck!

Well done for making the BIG first step of going to the GP, and altho it might be a long road ahead I'm sure you'll get there in the end one way or another. xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 29th April 2010, 5:37 pm

thank you! congrats on the pregancy BTW! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 184153

okay, ive had a look back through teh old NHS realted posts girlies like 'debbiegreen' suggested.........and im having a little freak out! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Icon_eek i went to see my GP about 6 weeks ago, had a telephone appointment with her 4weeks ago, and i havent heard a thing since..........

i know the NHS route can be loooooong process, but theres this new 18week rule thing now (yeah i know i posted 20weeks, but i was wrong lol-doh!) im panicing a bit that they have forgotten me, or than somehow my refferal eltter has ended up in some waste paper bin in a reception somewhere newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Icon_pale

should i call my GP? hang in there? i was expecting even a letter or something by now?! i could do with advice before i go into my ''imagining every possible (although mostly not logically) scenario'' mode eeeeeeek!

xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 29th April 2010, 7:58 pm

thats what i was worryed about! defo ring them, when i first rang the hospital i first went to they couldnt even find my details then when they did they couldnt find anything on me getting the get go on the BA so i was so upset....rung round ALOT off ppl and found out my PS number and sorted it with him thank god x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 29th April 2010, 8:04 pm

thanks hun! ive only seen my GP so far, so do you think i should be giving her a quick ring? i dont want her to think 'omg doesnt she realise these things taske time?!' but at the same time i definatly dont wanna be forgotten about, and my chance slipping away!
xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pipple on 29th April 2010, 8:18 pm

My experience having it done on the NHS was slightly different to the norm, because I had to have the OK from my cardiologist for the GA.

But it went basically like this:

Visit to GP who agreed to refer

about 6 weeks later call from GP receptionist they wanted to see me.

GP had letter back to ask again my condition parts of the midlands will only fund if asymmetrical (which mine were)(call your PCT and do some research see what they fund)

Then another 6week wait to see surgeon. who wanted info from my consultant

Eventually after many months got to see a shrink ( who was lovely and completely agreed with me having the op. She came to see me the day after my surgery)

Then the PS secretary forgot to put me on the waiting list. I called too see when I would have sugery and she noticed her mistake and then a week later I had my letter.

Hope that helps. The thing with the NHS is they will try to put you off having it done, so don't be surprised if frustration takes a major role. But it will be worth it.

Sorry if things aren't spelt right, I've got 2 fingers bandaged up, I think i've broke 1.
pipple
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 on 30th April 2010, 12:37 am

Aw hun, I have no experience of the NHS with BA's other than going to my GP who didn't even look at me and said no it would not be worth refering me as no one in my area had ever been accepted. I was lucky enough to have an A cup though (if you can call that lucky) I too am a curvy girl biiiiiiiigggggggg hips and I even had a stomach bigger than my boobs which made me cry in the shower every day. Just wanted to say good luck and I have my fingers crossed for you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcatherinefxx on 30th April 2010, 4:39 pm

Hey Girlies - this is what happened to me from the start.
I went to a cosmetic surgeon first who said 'have you been to the nhs???' I was so ashamed as it took a lot of guts to go... I'm 28 for gods sake and it took that long to actually try to do something about it!!! I really couldn't afford it either.... as they wanted to do an uplift and a BA.
So I went to my GP and she LAUGHED at me!!!! What a cow. And without looking, said she'd refer me.
Luckily... since seeing the breast specialist it has all been brilliant. I saw him in January and got them done on Tuesday!!!!
So I'm glad I got over my shame. But I do agree, getting them out - and having photos and having them felt, when they are the one thing you HATE about yourself is the WORST thing ever.
Anyway - enough about me.. :/
Pinkprincess - I wish you all the best in your persuit. You sound like a perfect candidate. Hope you get it sorted soon xxx
xxcatherinefxx
xxcatherinefxx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 30th April 2010, 5:44 pm

newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 991311 thank you soooooo much girlies!

its really helped coming on here, im not telling family and friends (due to the fact they all think my lack of breasts is funny, and that they have a right to constantly comment on them-in front of me!) so you lot have given me lots of (very much needed) support! yay!

obviously im reeeeeeeally not looking forward to showing more people my boobies....eeeek newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... Icon_eek ! but it will all be worth it if i do finally get a BA. its really reassuring finding people on here that have experience of going through the NHS-and even those that dont, but have giving me really fantastic advice! i dont know if anyone has ever googled 'nhs breast augmentation'?......... all you get bombarded with is narrow minded people, saying that the NHS shouldnt under any circumstances pay for this kind of treatment etc etc. so its really nice to find people who take a possitive view on this-thank god! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 571992 what a lovely, friendly bunch of girlies you all are!

i will try and keep you lot as up to date as possible (im still waiting on correspondance.....) and probably end up flooding this forum with all my questions lol!

xxxxxxxxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 2nd May 2010, 10:42 am

Hiya,
I really hope the journey is straightforward for you hun.
I am in Scotland and going through hell with the NHS right now. So no real advice to your case as i know england work on different trust etc.
Anyway just wanted to pass on my love xxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 2nd May 2010, 1:55 pm

thank you hunny! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 683328 thats very kind of you. ive read some of your posts, and i really feel for you-it sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time of it with the NHS. but i urge you to persevier (thats so not how you spell that lol!) it sounds like you have a strong valid case for it-so keep pushing, and hopefully soon you will get your BA. i know how you must feel, its such a relief when you see your GP and they agree isnt it? i didnt go to her and say look i want a boob job-i just told her how unhappy i was, and that i felt something wasnt right, luckily she agreed and she was the one that suggested it-i half expected her to say right well we will put you on the combined pill, or that i might just be a very late developer!

im really not expecting this journey to be straight forward (nothing ever is for me lol) but im prepared for that!

thankyou, good luck on your journey too. keep us updated wont you?

xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 2nd May 2010, 3:22 pm

oh dont worry i will keep you all updated.
I always think seeing the GP is the hardest part as if they dont agree thats it stopped in its tracks. At least once passed tha point you can see other surgeons etc.
I am really happy for you, i am glad the nhs does help people like us (some quicker than others).
xxxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Tararah on 3rd May 2010, 8:48 pm

Hi i just wanted to say that I feel for you as I know how you feel I've been in the same boat all my teen and adult life too... I have never had any breast tissue but having a child made them even smaller and less rounded which has had a bit of an affect on my self confidence and insecurities... anyway i hope all goes well with the scan and thanks for giving me hope that maybe i will be referred on the nhs. xx
Tararah
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 on 4th May 2010, 9:23 am

thank you hun! newbie! been reffered for BA by GP... 184153
im hoping that it all goes well for you too!! have you been to see your GP yet?
ive still got a loooooooong way to go yet, but getting approval from your GP is a major step-afterall if i didnt fit the local criteria, or if my boobs werent that bad, then i wouldnt have been reffered, so im really hoping that this goes through. my GP has already said that she thinks i hae a strong case, and is prepared to back me up all the way!

xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum