Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHS ba being referred what happends now?

Go down

NHS ba being referred what happends now? Empty NHS ba being referred what happends now?

Post by debiegreen1987 on 12th February 2010, 12:11 pm

Fitst off im new here, So HI to everyone.....

iv suffered for years now with my breasts ever since i remember they started growing, i went to my local doctors with i was around 16 asking why did they look so bad and different the doctor just said to start swimming and they would become more "normal" again, years pass im 22 now and have a son whos nearly 4. i thought maybe its just all in my head me being daft i thought they may have changed as i got older,
Went to the doctors monday just gone and found out i have tubular breasts.....was good finding out i was right all this time but in another sence really unhappy that i new i was right for so long,

i told my doctor all off this and told her how depressed and unhappy i was,how her my breasts and she referred ( sorry for the spelling) to see a breast doctor which im seeing next friday? can anyone tell me what to expect??? what happends next? im really confused about the whole thing?i dont want to start getting my hope's up incase it does'nt happen for me? xx

Any info id be happy with no one seems to want to help me NHS ba being referred what happends now? 304294
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

NHS ba being referred what happends now? Empty Re: NHS ba being referred what happends now?

Post by misf1 on 12th February 2010, 3:41 pm

I'm not sure to be honest hun, I think the Dr will see you and decide what they can do for you, you may also have to see a councellor. Try not to worry hun, just be calm and hopeful.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NHS ba being referred what happends now? Empty Re: NHS ba being referred what happends now?

Post by debiegreen1987 on 12th February 2010, 3:44 pm

Aww thanks for getting bk to me hun, its really hard not too NHS ba being referred what happends now? 62722
ppl think im daft but im sure every one on here understands how i feel, i dont no how to act when i go next friday i dont want to come across really bad and dont really no what to say xx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pipple on 12th February 2010, 6:04 pm

Just be honest with the doctor and start writing questions down now to ask. You will probably found that the doc won't committ to anything, mine talked very general and talked about a lot of the negatives that can happen. Depending where you are in the country, depends on when they committ to you having the operation. I think some of the NHS trusts have BA as surgery that need to go to review boards, for financing.

I had to wait for a couple months till I saw him again, as he had to get results from other doctors. But he'll problaby send you to see a shrink. Don't be scared to talk to the shrink, about anything. I had 2 sessions and she actually came to see me when I had my operation cause we got on that well.

My main advice with the NHS is be patience.

Good luck
pipple
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm on 12th February 2010, 6:07 pm

yeh just be honest and tell them what you told the doctor, obviously she thought you may be a candidate for the surgery to refer you in the first place. I don't know what the procedure is because I never tried the nhs route, but good luck, it's good you don't have to wait too long for your appointment.

welcome to the forum, I think most of us can understand you feel so you've come to the right place, stick around and let us know how your appointment goes on Friday too. Good luck.
xxx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

NHS ba being referred what happends now? Empty thanks

Post by debiegreen1987 on 12th February 2010, 8:11 pm

thanks for getting back to me, i hope im not getting my hopes up too much just gna try and plod on, think im very lucky so fare with being seen with in 2 wks tho! i couldnt beleave how quick i got the appointment threw so fingers crossed. ill keep everyone posted incase someone ends up in the same situation than me and thanks for the wellcomes! xxx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy on 14th February 2010, 11:26 am

My friend had her breasts done on the nhs as she had tubular breasts so she got saw and operated on a lot quicker.

Another friend of mine was unhappy with her breasts and had it don't on nhs but had to wait over 6 months as she wasn't a desperate case. People who have problems with their breasts get seen and operated on much quicker than people who are just unhappy.

You will probably get seen by a surgeon but also a councillor as you are looking to have it done on nhs.

Hope this helps
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 14th February 2010, 11:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fitst off im new here, So HI to everyone.....

iv suffered for years now with my breasts ever since i remember they started growing, i went to my local doctors with i was around 16 asking why did they look so bad and different the doctor just said to start swimming and they would become more "normal" again, years pass im 22 now and have a son whos nearly 4. i thought maybe its just all in my head me being daft i thought they may have changed as i got older,
Went to the doctors monday just gone and found out i have tubular breasts.....was good finding out i was right all this time but in another sence really unhappy that i new i was right for so long,

i told my doctor all off this and told her how depressed and unhappy i was,how her my breasts and she referred ( sorry for the spelling) to see a breast doctor which im seeing next friday? can anyone tell me what to expect??? what happends next? im really confused about the whole thing?i dont want to start getting my hope's up incase it does'nt happen for me? xx

Any info id be happy with no one seems to want to help me NHS ba being referred what happends now? 304294

NHS ba being referred what happends now? 536278

Firstly congrats on getting referred this at least means you're over the first hurdle.
Your referral will be an appointment to see a PS (plastic surgeon) who will examine you and assess your problem fully, if your PS is happy your problem is severe enough will be a letter from your PS sent to your GP to apply for funding from your local PCT (primary care trust). Then after that it's a case of being put on the waiting list and erm.... waiting!

You must remember that even if you PS thinks you should have the surgery his word is not law, you can still be turned down by your PCT.
Try doing some internet searches to get more info on your area because breast surgery with the NHS seems to be a bit of a lottery! Try as many different searches as you can think of because the more info you have the more you can help yourself, but please don't just rely on "stories" y'know the ones you hear from friends and family about Cousin Sally who had her boobs done or whatever as you'll usually find most of these stories are bull crap or you never get to hear the full story of what actually happened.
Also please don't rely on the "depression" angle, all the girls here know exactly how you feel, but if you go to your PS and tell him you're so depressed you can't get out of bed or you feel like throwing yourself under a bus, then he's just going to think you're not mentally fit for surgery and simply refer you for psychiatric counselling, he might refer you for counselling anyway but this is just sometimes part of the PCT's process so don't worry.

But whatever you do or whatever happens remember that we are all here to help NHS ba being referred what happends now? 571992
no matter how insane you might think your question is, ask away because there is a good chance one of us knows how you feel! You should also introduce yourself here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a good way to get to know everyone a bit better.

Good luck for Friday and please keep us updated NHS ba being referred what happends now? 184153
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 14th February 2010, 7:56 pm

thanks for this everyone, im going to try and seach for info now ( google for the next few hours lol), my friend told me to start the water works but i knew she was'nt right and ill just tell my PS every thing iv told you guys.... keep you posted xxx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 19th February 2010, 12:58 pm

Well that was horrid!!
Got there this morning to be seen by the doctor which wasnt in and had to see another who was female so i thought great she might understand a bit..wow was i wrong!
i was sitting there topless with a paper top just to cover me up and she said well whats the problem i told her my issue;s with my breasts and before i got to explain how i felt or anything she said have you been watching that emmbarssing issness's(sorry for spelling) because you are the 2nd girl who's come to see me about this in this week, thinking iv watched it and thought o yes free boobs which is'nt the case.
so i showed her my breasts she said im not 100% that they are classed at tubler breasts but you have everything that would say you have.
She went to go on and say you should not get help from the nhs and i should go see some one else but they may not be able to fix the problem and it would be very unliky your going to get breast implants on the nhs, shes wrote a letter to my doctor to send me to see another surgen..
she said shes never heard off any1 getting them done on the nhs but the nurse soon said she has.
i felt like she was making out there was nothing wrong with me and i just wanted them done she didnt get me chance to explain and an i felt she thought i was being a stupid little girl..

she left the room and i said to the nurse well whats going to happen now? she said your going to have to wait about 2 wks to find out your appointment to see some one.

it was so horrid the whole thing, im so dissapointed and upset i didnt get chance to explain but i hope the next person i see lets me.
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm on 19th February 2010, 3:45 pm

Oh no how horrible! I think women can be so unsympathetic towards other women sometimes!

What a cow, well I hope they can give you another appointment with someone else. Have you thought about whether you could pay to have it done, if they wont help? Or is that not an option.

Don't feel too down about it, they haven't said no xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 19th February 2010, 3:48 pm

not an option at the moment but might have to think about that when my son starts school, then i could get a job. i just couldnt beleave how nasty she was,
yeah your right they didnt say no so fingers crossed i get a male doctor next time x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pipple on 19th February 2010, 6:55 pm

She was down right nasty.

How can she make a decision to whether you are entailed to the op on the NHS, if she as never heard of anyone who's had it done? I would call up the consultant's secretary who you were suppose to be seeing and ask to see him.
pipple
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 19th February 2010, 8:17 pm

i no thats the way i see it too but i got do wait 2 weeks now for my doctor to reffer me again but to some one else! i feel like giving up allready just because off some stupid womans coments xx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pipple on 19th February 2010, 9:46 pm

Don't give up!!! A lot of the time that's what they want people to do when they approach the nhs.

I had a 9months battle my surgeon. He was ok with doing the operation. But had concerns about my genetic illness and my heart. He had letters and tests from loads off docs, who said I was ok to be operated on. Then eventually I called his secretary (who was a proper battle axe) had to say either he see's me again or I complain to their trust and go to another doc, who had already said he would do it. 1 week later a letter dropped on my doormat saying I was going in the week later for the operation.

I felt like giving up and cried a million tears. But I'm glad I didn't. So when your feeling low just remember there are people on here, that will give you the encouragement to keep going. Wish I had found this place before my op.
pipple
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 on 20th February 2010, 11:19 am

aww thanks that helps.
well ill just have to wait to see this other doctor now, theres a new 18 week rule now isnt there?
is that from the date my doctor first reffered me or when i see this 2nd doctor? xx
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 20th February 2010, 4:20 pm

hiya,
The 18week rule is when your doctor refers you. Or so i have been told from my friend in england. She also told me there is a thing where if the nhs surgeon says yes, then your gp can send you to any hospital you like if its a shorter waiting time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am in scotland and have been in the system for 3 years now regarding my op and still not getting anywhere. just stay positive until you see the next surgeon, if they say you tick all the boxes (the nhs have a number of things to "tick off" before they can pass an op) then great, you cna wait on the list or go through the choose and book which your GP will help you with. If you dont then you can appeal.

I was lucky my GP told me the list of things you need to pass for a boob op on the nhs and i do fit this. I am now in a battle over being told one thing in 2007 and a different in 2009.

Hope it all goes well for you xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum