Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you manage the cost? Anyone been abroad?

+3
cakey_baby
LouLou82
joyfulone
7 posters

Go down

How did you manage the cost? Anyone been abroad? Empty How did you manage the cost? Anyone been abroad?

Post by joyfulone 28th September 2009, 1:09 pm

I have been told by my gp that they dont do it on the nhs anymore, so she referred me to a surgeon, which I went and saw last week.
I was very pleased with him and would happily let him do the procedure. I was quoted around £3500 off my docs secretary. After the consultation I found out it was more like £4160, I came off the phone feeling sick and sobbing. It has put it even further from my reach.
Should I just stick it on a card and go for it, or do you save up and be miserable for the next 2 years. My partner doesnt understand he is very good at giving me excuses as to why we cannot afford it. Or do I go abroad for half the cost?

Ohhhhhhh it is draning me, I have had enough of looking and feeling like this.
joyfulone
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

How did you manage the cost? Anyone been abroad? Empty Re: How did you manage the cost? Anyone been abroad?

Post by LouLou82 28th September 2009, 1:32 pm

I'm afraid that if your problems are a result of breast feeding then there is little chance you will be treated via the NHS.

Although you could find your local PCT's criteria for referral on breast surgery, just to be certain what you've been told is correct, as sometimes doctors simply don't like to refer patients for breast surgery, so ladies are told there is nothing the NHS can do.

If you need any help re: the NHS just pm me and I'd be glad to help :)
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

How did you manage the cost? Anyone been abroad? Empty Re: How did you manage the cost? Anyone been abroad?

Post by cakey_baby 28th September 2009, 1:45 pm

Theres very strict guidlines for the nhs now but im sure sticky can give you more information on that.

I have been abroad for my surgery and am thrilled with the results, pm me if you would like more information hun.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 30th September 2009, 2:09 pm

As sticky has said the NHS are getting really strict. Where I am if you just have small breast (eg A cup+) they wont help, they wont help with saggy boobs, and only after extenstive psyhio will they help with large boobs. They will do if zero to very little breast tissue or odd boobs 2 cup sizes or more difference.
Try another GP and see what they say xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 19th October 2009, 6:16 pm

Hi joyfulone
It is extremely difficult to have BA's on the NHS even for people with existing conditions. Are you looking to have just a BA or lift as well? You can always haggle on price. I only paid £3500.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 19th October 2009, 6:18 pm

I am paying £3495 for a breast enlargement. I have decided to do it on finance over 3 years though so it's going to end up costing about £4k x
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 19th October 2009, 6:22 pm

I dont think £4k is expensive for a good surgeon and good implants personally. Average cost is £3-5k so sounds about right.
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down