Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the nhs??

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the nhs?? Empty the nhs??

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 12:12 pm

hi ya girls, well,im still on my mission for boobs and have just got off the phone to mya, and unfortunatly they wont do my op, but she said i should try the nhs, as no company like transform, mya etc will operate as they dont have high dependency units , and basically its affecting my life as my gp/heamotolgist wont help with my low platelets as they arnt low enough. so do you think ive got a good enough case to get boobs on nhs, and how do i go about trying?? xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

the nhs?? Empty Re: the nhs??

Post by Nisey on 26th September 2009, 12:19 pm

Oh gosh I'm not sure huni. I think it'd be quicker and easier to get the NHS to help fix your low platelets rather than to give you your boobs. I dont know though, how about you make an appointment to talk it over with your GP? I guess you might be able to get your boobs done by them the nhs?? 727885
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 12:27 pm

yeh i see what ure saying hun, it would be easier, but the only way they wood fix the platelets is if they were to remove my spleen, and they wont coz they arnt dangerously low, oh its such a situation, lol!! ill make an appointment with my gp, and ill say well i either want my spleen out, or a boob job on the nhs,its worth a try, oh i hope this works x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey on 26th September 2009, 12:31 pm

Surely they've got to help you in one way or another. You could argue that because of the low platelets, other aspects of your life are being restricted, hence they should fix it because it's interferring with your life?
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica on 26th September 2009, 12:34 pm

I'm sorry to hear you are between a rock and a hard place on this one hun!

I agree with nisey - if you can demonstrate to your GP how much this is affecting your life and show them evidence that the other companies literally won't do your op as they don't have the facilities you could have a chance that they will do it on the NHS.

Good luck hun xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 1:16 pm

woohooo!! i really hope so, thanks hun. i know two girls that had there boob jobs done on the nhs, and there was nothing medically wrong with them, they just didnt have the funds, so maybe i could stand a chance.ill get my gp appointment booked for next week x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan on 26th September 2009, 1:19 pm

How frustrating for you! The thing is you will obviously be fine post op but because you're 'borderline' the companies just wont take that risk Grrrr...
The hospital I work in has a private wing attached (and another city hospital nearby has recently opened one too) and they use the NHS theatres with their own staff therfore I would guess that if an emergency arose the patient would be transferred directly over to 'normal' care. I would ring every company/independant PS and your local NHS trust hospitals and see where their ops are carried out. We cant be the only hopsitals in the country with this set-up surely.
Worth a try?

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by meqr on 26th September 2009, 1:28 pm

Mmmm how about approaching someone that works private and for the NHS for example I know one guy called Mr Dhiital that works for the the Nuffield but also the local hosiptal in plastics... I have heard of a few... that may be worth a glance too.

x
meqr
meqr
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 2:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Surely they've got to help you in one way or another. You could argue that because of the low platelets, other aspects of your life are being restricted, hence they should fix it because it's interferring with your life?
xx

yeh thats a good point to make hun, ill defintly mention that that to gp, surely he will have to do something, whatever it may be, x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 2:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Mmmm how about approaching someone that works private and for the NHS for example I know one guy called Mr Dhiital that works for the the Nuffield but also the local hosiptal in plastics... I have heard of a few... that may be worth a glance too.

x

hi ya,thanks for the advice hun, there was this one surgeon, that was also nhs and private, called nick percival who said he would do my op, but he was really expensive, ill google mr dhiital and see what happens, thank you xxxx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 2:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How frustrating for you! The thing is you will obviously be fine post op but because you're 'borderline' the companies just wont take that risk Grrrr...
The hospital I work in has a private wing attached (and another city hospital nearby has recently opened one too) and they use the NHS theatres with their own staff therfore I would guess that if an emergency arose the patient would be transferred directly over to 'normal' care. I would ring every company/independant PS and your local NHS trust hospitals and see where their ops are carried out. We cant be the only hopsitals in the country with this set-up surely.
Worth a try?

xx

hi ya hun, yeh really frustrating, im like tearing my hair out,lol x i will give the local nhs hospitals a ring to see what they have, im pretty sure they would have hospitals like that near me, if not tho i wouldnt mind travelling as im soo desperate.also, as you work in a hospital do you think i may have a chance on nhs under my circumstances?? xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 26th September 2009, 4:09 pm

The thing to do is google " PCT guidelines, breast augmentation, type your area" you may have to dig about in the results to find the right thing.

The guidelines will give you all the info you need on how much they'll do for you as far a surgery goes. Or if you want you could pm me with your area and exactly what your problem is and I'll check it out for you.

It does seem like a good idea trying to go with the NHS because of your platelets problems
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 5:16 pm

hi ya sticky, ive just been reading through ure posts and have seen u was succseful!! i bet you were so pleased hun, when is ure implant op? thank you for the tip,ill check it out ,i live in kent and i know 3 girls who have had nhs ops,so fingers crossed,lol xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 26th September 2009, 5:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:hi ya sticky, ive just been reading through ure posts and have seen u was succseful!! i bet you were so pleased hun, when is ure implant op? thank you for the tip,ill check it out ,i live in kent and i know 3 girls who have had nhs ops,so fingers crossed,lol xx

Hey hun :allo:

I'm not sure just yet because I think they want to do that fat graft thing again before they put implants in Rolling Eyes , shouldn't complain really after all they are just trying to make sure they make my boobs as nice as they can.

If you already know of people in your area who've had a BA on the NHS then you should be ok chick, but if you get any problems I'll try to help out if I can :)
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 5:32 pm

thank you ive just pmed you x well just think soon enough your have the boobs youve always wanted, and after all the hassle of what you went through i bet you cant wait x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 26th September 2009, 6:17 pm

Good Luck with approaching the NHS. I know 5 people who have had nhs work and 2 years ago i was promised 2 implants to fix my problem. And well now i have been told just one. Its heartbreaking. A close friend of mine has Gilberts syndrome (blood thing, not 100% sure what iits all about) and after 3 kids her boobs were left a right mess, empty, extremly saggy and when she showed me even i was shocked, which is didn't think was possible considering how i live. Well she had her appointment yesterday with NHS and explained it all and they said no. They said to her thats what happens when you have kids and thats it. She is really upset as her mother in law had hers done on the nhs but she was told they are really cracking down on doing the ops as to many are just wanting big boobs.
I am not saying dont try, of course go to your gp and ask if you can be reffered, if they say no well fight to get your blood sorted.
good luck x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 26th September 2009, 6:29 pm

But Sarah, the thing is having children is a choice and the results, saggy lack lustre boobs, saggy tummy, are all side effects we just have to live with or pay privately to have fixed.

Whereas a congenital defect is something you have no choice about, trust me if it was a choice between even big saggy boobs or the wonky mess I have, I know which I'd prefer!
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 26th September 2009, 6:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good Luck with approaching the NHS. I know 5 people who have had nhs work and 2 years ago i was promised 2 implants to fix my problem. And well now i have been told just one. Its heartbreaking. A close friend of mine has Gilberts syndrome (blood thing, not 100% sure what iits all about) and after 3 kids her boobs were left a right mess, empty, extremly saggy and when she showed me even i was shocked, which is didn't think was possible considering how i live. Well she had her appointment yesterday with NHS and explained it all and they said no. They said to her thats what happens when you have kids and thats it. She is really upset as her mother in law had hers done on the nhs but she was told they are really cracking down on doing the ops as to many are just wanting big boobs.
I am not saying dont try, of course go to your gp and ask if you can be reffered, if they say no well fight to get your blood sorted.
good luck x

hi ya, im sorry to hear about what happend with you and your friend, its really hard when you want something so much.are you having the op still hun? and i do have a daughter so i understand about the empty boobs etc, but thats not my issue,i just want boobs, not big boobs. if it doesnt happen, then it guess it wasnt meant to be x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 on 27th September 2009, 6:27 pm

so isn't your gp refering you to the Hematology dept at the hosp????? I would possibly get another opinion from another GP. My platelets were simular to your's and i got referred straight away. Mine went up to 113 in my last visit but the hosp is still monitoring me every couple of months. It was suggested to me that i could have a bone marrow test to rule out any other things that may be causing my low platelets?? so far i have declined because i know it really hurts!!! I truely think they should be doing more for you hun.

xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 27th September 2009, 9:14 pm

hi ya, well my gp contacted a heamotolgist, this was about 4 weeks ago, and i still havent heard anything.my gp said he doesnt think the heamotolgist will see me as platelets arnt low enough, also he said if i really wanna see a heamotlogist,im more than likely gunna have to pay for it, the cheek! i cant believe how you got referd straight away, i think your gp is better than mine for sure, i have heard about the bone marrow test, i heard its painful but over very quickly, have you ruled the test out completely hun? x im going to the docters this week, so ill ask to see a different one for a second opinon on heamatolgist xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia on 27th September 2009, 10:02 pm

Good luck!! I would see another G.P. too and push to be referred. the nhs?? 571992 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 on 28th September 2009, 5:05 pm

No i havn't ruled it out totally but I have decided that if my platelets drop below 90,000 then i will go ahead with the test, but the thought of it makes me go all quesy. TBH my doctor was very very good i was impressed.

xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 28th September 2009, 8:25 pm

im sure you will be fine but its good ure keeping an open mind on it, mind over matter hun xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 30th September 2009, 1:58 pm

sorry, just catching up with this site since getting my laptop back.

I wasn't saying that you shouldn't try, by all means go for it with the GP and i really hope you get it done on the NHS. I have also noticed that every area is different and you could be one of the lucky ones that has a fantastic GP and hospital and get it done. You've been through a rollercoaster and deserve to have your new boobs. I just know in my area, small breast, or saggy breasts aren't getting the surgery. xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 on 30th September 2009, 2:41 pm

hi sars3dd, well i decided not to try for nhs as i spoke to lots of surgeons via email and they all said they doubt id get it done on nhs, and that i should try a private surgeon. as mya n transform wouldnt be able to do my op, there would be surgeons out there that could. how are you getting on with ure boob job, any luck yet? i hope you get it sorted as i know how stressful it is, you will get there in the end one way or another xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum