Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP said no

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GP said no Empty GP said no

Post by sars3dd on 2nd September 2009, 1:44 pm

good afternoon ladies, I really hope you are all well today?

Well for those of you who have been following my story, thank you, i really need support just now.

I seen my GP this morning and she said there is no way she can refer me elsewhere for my BA. She said i have to either stay with the NHS surgeon and his offer of one implant with the 18months wait or go private. She know's how this is effecting my mental health, read the report and even discussed what the psychiatrist wrote to her, which said that i needed the op to help boost my self esteem to then tackle my "eating disorder" (which i found funny as i didn't know a size 12 could have an eating disorder but i have now been told i do) to then help me deal with the other issues and things that have happened in my life. But still she wont do anything to help.

My hubby said there is no way he can take out a loan or stick it on a card and i have to wait till the kids are at school and get it done then (5/6yrs away). I have no idea how i am going to live like this for that long. I have asked my mum, my dad and his mum today who all said no, i have no one else to ask. I am counting down till i put kids in bed and going to cry,

Sorry for a down post, just need to let off steam. I know those of you waiting on BA's will understand and those of you who have gone through it will know how am feeling. My hubby has no idea. xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

GP said no Empty Re: GP said no

Post by pinkbabe on 2nd September 2009, 1:53 pm

aww no I'm sorry that they said no hunni. Is there another gp that you could go and see to see if they would help you? I have some understanding of what your going through as it took me ages to get the money together and I got turned down for loans ect. It felt like it was never going to happen. you will get there though huni. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 2nd September 2009, 2:00 pm

thank you, she just said the NHS in scotland are refusing to put two implants in pretty much all patients and for BA's they cant refer you to a private hospital that does nhs.
I will need to start saving xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva on 2nd September 2009, 2:10 pm

Oh Sarah, big hugs. As I've just said to you on facebook, cant you ask for a second opinion or appeal their decision based on your mental health and how having one implant will affect your self esteem/confidence? xx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick on 2nd September 2009, 2:18 pm

hey lovely,

So sorry to hear that lovely, but as it seems they're not bothered about giving you one implant, it's not a problem, we'll just work with what decision you've been given.

Say on average a BA privately will cost £4000, that's about £11 per day for a year. Do you think you can make that in any way? Eg selling off old clothes, bags, shoes, old furniture, boot sales etc? Can you get a part time job to bring in £10 per day? Sell old kids toys, DVDs etc?

I know they don't advise it but Freecyclers sometimes give away Sky boxes and things, these go for about £50 on eBay, which will help.

Also, start collecting all your loose change and keep this in a sealed pot, don't dip into it under any circumstances! My OH bought me a boob job fun novelty tin thing so I could keep my spare change in there, I raised about £200 in 2 months!

Ask for cash instead of birthday/Xmas presents, you can easily get a few hundred from that.

You can save for it lovely, it may take you a year and a bit to do, but at least that way you'll have the boobs you've been dreaming of, without taking out a loan.

All the best lovely, keep strong and you'll figure a way through this.

Big hugs hun

xx

I'm Roxy, your administrator and the founder of the forum. If you need any help please contact Cookie or any of the mods

GP said no Ticker
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva on 2nd September 2009, 2:25 pm

What a fab idea Roxychick! xx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby on 2nd September 2009, 2:31 pm

Aw Sarah big Hug hunny, Roxy gave you some brilliant tips! it seems like such a massive amount of money but i managed to save for half of mine in 3 months!! and i am really rubbish at saving you will be able to do it hun if you really put your mind to it.

I have heard other ladies who have gone to Mybreast or private surgeons for a consult to be told they can get it funded through the nhs, i dont know if you could try that route, keep us updated chick x x x x

Last edited by cakey_baby on 2nd September 2009, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey on 2nd September 2009, 3:05 pm

Awww huni, I'm so sorry to hear that they arent helping you Hug I think it would be a better idea for you to save up yourself and go private - that way you'll end up with the result you want rather than waiting all that time and still being unhappy.
Roxy gave a lot of good ideas about how to raise money, hopefully you can try some of these and build some money up for yourself.
Good luck sweetie
xxx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 on 2nd September 2009, 4:50 pm

So sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted Hug
You've obviously got a really strong case for nhs help, like jo_sadler said can you appeal at all?
Having said that, Roxy's given some great ideas for saving, and it's certainly doable. Also, I don't know if this would be any use to you, but some companies do 0% finance loans? I was looking into going with Spire healthcare and I know they do.
In the meantime, chin up lovely, you will get there..and we're all here to help you along the way xxx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 on 2nd September 2009, 5:24 pm

Sorry to hear that news hun. Hug You must be gutted, but the others have given you some good suggestions so try not to give up hope just yet.

xx
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica on 2nd September 2009, 6:47 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this hun. As the others have said, don't give up hoping - if you start saving at least you'll have something to focus on and the time should pass pretty quickly xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw on 2nd September 2009, 7:43 pm

Hey Hunni

I'm with Roxy here. Definitely start saving now. Find ways that you can raise/save money and open a separate account for this. Pay in whenever you can. It may take you 2/3 years, but you'll see your money rising and it will give you hope.

Good Luck hunni.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e on 2nd September 2009, 7:48 pm

Good luck hun, i cant imagine how you feel, you ll get there, just a little patience and support from us xxx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 2nd September 2009, 8:16 pm

Thanks so much for all the ideas Roxy, Going to start looking through all my stuff tomorrow, but honestly dont think i have alot as we "downsized" big time when we moved.
Just for one moment i'd love to be able to look at myself in the mirrow when i come out a shower and not burst into tears. My hubby is telling me i look fine and wont help me in any way to find the cash. Am sure he thinks am going to get boobs and walk about with them out all time lol xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 on 2nd September 2009, 9:52 pm

Hi Sarah,

Ah....so sorry to hear that news hun. Hug You must be gutted but the others have given you some good suggestions so try not to give up hope just yet. You will end up with your BA and it is something to definately look 4ward to in the future.

RoxyChick's suggestions are ace definately do all those and perhaps also enquire with Spire Healthcare for an interest free loan even for half the amount?????

xxxxxxxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ on 3rd September 2009, 8:21 am

Oh I'm so sorry...I can really sympathise with how you feel. There were times when I thought it would just never happen and I had already made up my mind, and it was heartbreaking. I know that feeling of looking in the mirror and crying.

Roxychick has given you some brilliant ideas. It seems like such a lot of money but you can do it...I raided all my loose change that I'd been saving for years...took me ages to count up but it was £250 so that was my Mybreast deposit sorted! Save save save, you will get there.

I'm sorry you're not getting more support from your OH. I just don't think they understand, and I also think they worry about what you'll do with your new-found confidence...as in leave them.

What about striking a deal with him - and saying if you save half would he match it with a loan? A £2000 loan can be pretty manageable. I don't think you should have to wait 5/6 years...I can imagine that would be torture. It's a very long time to be unhappy and that could really take its toll on your relationship.

Hope you get something sorted hun

x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews on 3rd September 2009, 8:42 am

Have you seen any photos or know of anyone who has had just one breast augmented? Maybe its not something that is as noticeable as it sounds.

I do think though that its ridiculous that they won't put you forward for a standard
BA. I would try all avenues and try a different GP as well of you're not happy with this x
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar on 3rd September 2009, 10:03 am

i have one breast augmented and believe me it's noticable, how they can even suggest this is beyond me, i can't imagine one implant however small, would not notice?
This is what i would do at the moment, put yourself on the list with the NHS, if they do one implant and then it still is not right you can then push for the other one to be augmented, still appeal in the meantime and do what Roxy has suggested and save, save, save.

If you don't work and saving is going to be hard then think of a part time evening/weekend job to help you and do it just for you, for example you could become a Weight Watchers Leader, you don't need any formal qualifications etc and if you run 3 2hr sessions in your local area per week you'll average £100 for your boobie fund.

Good luck hunni x x x

GP said no Event
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia on 3rd September 2009, 10:10 am

sorry to hear this just start saving and if u can save all your pennies ten pences and so on i do this and have saved nearly 100 pounds in 3 months i just do it for holiday money when i go home u can do it just put your mind to it think postive u will get them done if u really want to it will soon come around if u start puttig some away and save all your pennies to
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 3rd September 2009, 4:57 pm

hi ladies thank you for all your suggestions.

My hubby works shifts and we dont have any family near me to look after the girls (i haven't made any friends either) so no idea how i'd be able to get a wee job.

Shootingstar, thank you for posting, i honestly worried i was being to "greedy" with what i wanted but am glad soemone else agrees that this is crazy.

cried alot today, had to keep leaving the room so my girls didn't see. i will be staying on the forum and reading everyone's post. and i'll keep my diary updated to xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby on 3rd September 2009, 5:03 pm

Have you seen any other surgeons privatly hun? i know ive heard of someone before been told they can have it funded after seing a surgeon from mybreast but im not sure how it works.

x x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 3rd September 2009, 5:08 pm

hiya, yeh i have seen 2 other surgeons but no one suggested i get it funded. I honestly believed that my GP would do something to help me and that the NHS would have gave me the same answers as i got back at start of 2007. I was offered 2 implants but i became pregnant so had to wait. I have just about hit rock bottom, am blaming myself for being so stupid believing i'd get the help in the first place.
An early night for me tonight in the hope i feel a bit better tomorrow. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia on 4th September 2009, 9:06 am

if they offered u 2 implants in 2007 whats the diff now ?they cant say one thing and do another do u rem who u saw in 2007?i would def ask why u were told u could in 2007 and why u cant now?i hate nhs if u can save with everything u got i would def give that a shot me personally would make my fella pay on his credit card lol but i know not everyone can do that i feel for u must be awful to have hopes built and let down like this just dont give up
xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva on 4th September 2009, 9:20 am

Sarah I think you should try and pursue an appeal if you can, if you were offered 2 implants in 2007 but didnt go ahead due to you being pregnant and only one now, surely that is wrong and unfair and they are adding to the stress of this for you. Have you kept records of who you have seen previously who agreed to two implants? I really feel for you too and as Natalia says I dont think you should give up, but at the same time I would start making plans to try and get some money together, by using some of the previous suggestions as a back up plan. You may be surprised at how much you raise and maybe you could get the remainder on interest free with a provate surgery? Thinking of you hun xx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 4th September 2009, 7:11 pm

hi ladies, no idea what am going to go do now. I am going to see my GP again next week. Will keep you all updated xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum