Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sizing???

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sizing??? Empty Sizing???

Post by LouLou82 on 18th July 2009, 3:21 pm

Ok so I'm waiting for my surgery date and I'm now getting worried that even when I've had my correction my boobs will still be quite small on me.

The side that is apparently normal is only 34B and I'm now really worried that I'm going to swap having wonky boobs for just having small ones and still be unhappy!

Because I'm having my surgery done by the NHS I've always been soooo careful not to tell them that I think they should be bigger anyway just in case they told me to get lost, but I've had my funding confirmed and the surgery is definitely on, so do you think I should get in touch with my consultant and speak to him about this before it's too late?

Here is a linky to my previous post with all the details of my problem
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Sizing??? Empty Re: Sizing???

Post by nads on 18th July 2009, 4:58 pm

I will say, the NHS is correcting your asymmetry so may not fund them going bigger because they probably wont see 34Bs as 'small' as that is an average good size. Do you want to increase your bust size quite a bit or just correct the asymmetry?
Are they putting in just one implant so your breasts match?
I would call your consultant and ask what exactly is going to be done and what size is going to be put in so you feel more clear. x

Sizing??? 418673

Sizing??? 9ziP
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 18th July 2009, 5:22 pm

Well first of all they're putting a teardrop shaped implant in the smaller side and then after recovery they're going to look at the other side and see if it needs perhaps a smaller implant or an uplift because it's well.......saggy to say the least!

Most of my female relatives are naturally quite busty but I'm about 5,4" and 9 stone so I think a realistic size to keep me in proportion on me would perhaps be a C.

At my last appointment he did tell me to call if I had any other questions or worries so I think I'll do that on Monday.

Thanks for the advice Nads Heart
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads on 18th July 2009, 5:28 pm

Sticky wrote:Well first of all they're putting a teardrop shaped implant in the smaller side and then after recovery they're going to look at the other side and see if it needs perhaps a smaller implant or an uplift because it's well.......saggy to say the least!
Ah ok, that makes sense, maybe ask him if its possible to get them both done at the same time to save getting another GA, if its much lower than the other then they should try and match them in one op hun so i would ask about that.
The NHS usually do subtle BAs just to correct problems so if you feel you could still want bigger boobs I would say maybe start putting a little money away every month just in case you want an op in the future, i've started doing that already as a BA is not a permanent thing, i only put away a little bit of money but every little helps! x

Sizing??? 418673

Sizing??? 9ziP
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 18th July 2009, 5:37 pm

Well he told me that in the future if I feel I need more surgery for example to have the implant made smaller, adjusted or taken out all together then I can have that but I'm sure he said that if I had anything done privately then it would sort of invalidate that guarantee.

I suppose I could just wait to see how this all turns out then see if I still feel the same.
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK on 19th July 2009, 6:48 am

Hi, if you're anything like me, i would make the phone call then go blank and not remember everything i wanted to ask Hysterical .

Get some paper and write down all your questions, so that when you phone, you can jot down the answers and also know that you've got everything covered in one phone call. Good luck hun x
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 19th July 2009, 9:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi, if you're anything like me, i would make the phone call then go blank and not remember everything i wanted to ask Hysterical

Ring, ring............erm, yes hello I err erm uhhhhhh Hysterical
Have you been tapping my phone conversations LJK?

Well, last night through the miracle of webcam I managed to let my Mum have a look at the situation and see what she thought and she was really shocked, the last time she saw me minus bra etc was when I was about 15 at the last hospital appointment we went to together. She thinks it is worth talking to the consultant at least because in all honesty they look like granny boobs (I'm only 27) they're awful!

We talked for quite a while about it and she said that she's a D cup but obviously she's had 3 children and well she's older than me after all she is my Mum! And my two sisters are both C cups plus me and my sisters are about the same height, weight and bodyshape.

So I think I'll write down all my questions today and then call in the morning.
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 19th July 2009, 9:46 am

For anyone who wants to see a couple of pics of my problem I've put them on picturetrail, the lightings not great but you can clearly see what I'm talking about. Just pm me for username/pword
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 on 19th July 2009, 12:33 pm

hiya hunny, i would do what nads said and ask if they can do them both at the same time, to avoid 2 ga's and also 2 ops.
i would tell him you would feel much better if he could put a small implant in the other side to even them up and also then they will both feel the same too.
you are not going in there asking to look like a page 3 model or anything you just want them to be nice and equal.
definately write down any questions you have....i did this as i always forgot things to ask.
good luck hunny i really hope you get it sorted and be happy with your new boobies.
xxx
p.s could i have a peek at your pics please?
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 19th July 2009, 12:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:hiya hunny, i would do what nads said and ask if they can do them both at the same time, to avoid 2 ga's and also 2 ops.
i would tell him you would feel much better if he could put a small implant in the other side to even them up and also then they will both feel the same too.
you are not going in there asking to look like a page 3 model or anything you just want them to be nice and equal.
definately write down any questions you have....i did this as i always forgot things to ask.
good luck hunny i really hope you get it sorted and be happy with your new boobies.
xxx
p.s could i have a peek at your pics please?

Thanks hun, I've pm'd you
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs on 20th July 2009, 6:43 am

I would think it common sence to do both at the same time- one op, one GA and surely this would cost the nhs less then having 2 ops?

Size wise I think if you wanted to go bigger on the nhs I think it would class as enhancment rather then correction and so you might not be able to.

Iv had a little google for you and found this:

Hi,

I work for the PCT and can confirm that the criteria for a GP referral for BA on the NHS (in the North East - policies differ slightly per region) are as below:

1. Difference in cup size / assymetry (minimum 1 cup size)
2. No breast tissue - male breast
3. Congenital abnormality

Anything other than this would have to be sent to the PCT with a case for special case funding. Therefore depression, lack of confidence, intimacy issues does not qualify for automatic GP referral for BA on the NHS.

Approval for funding of special cases vary on PCT's and budgets available - sorry :

I also found this:

You do get to discuss your cup size although what they feel is best is what you get but to be honest i cant complain as im not paying an wil be happy with anything other than what i have.

both copied and pasted from this link so have it a little look it could be helpful: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Could I have a look at your pics to if you dont mind sharing? xx
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 21st July 2009, 1:30 pm

Cheerleader I managed to get hold of my consultant today! Told him what I was concerned about and he's told me to come back in to talk size.

I'm trying not to get too excited but, his secretary said she would have me in asap and asked me whether I had any holidays booked in the next few weeks (maybe I'll get my surgery date soon?). I'm also really happy that he didn't instantly say NO, feeling quite hopeful about that because I'm not sure he would bother wasting his time having me go back to his clinic if he felt what I was asking was totally unacceptable? :dunno:

Anyway like I said not getting too excited yet, just have to wait and see. xx
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads on 21st July 2009, 1:32 pm

Good luck hun!

Sizing??? 418673

Sizing??? 9ziP
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 21st July 2009, 1:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good luck hun!

Thank you Nads, keep your fingers (eyes, legs, arms, everything) crossed for me 👍
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads on 21st July 2009, 1:37 pm

Hysterical Will do x

Sizing??? 418673

Sizing??? 9ziP
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs on 21st July 2009, 1:43 pm

oh good glad you are having another consult. Its good that you have found a surgeon who is willing to consider what the patient wants rather then just dismiss it altogether.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 21st July 2009, 1:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:oh good glad you are having another consult. Its good that you have found a surgeon who is willing to consider what the patient wants rather then just dismiss it altogether.

Well he also does an awful lot of reconstructive work too so I think that makes him more open to giving his patients what they actually want (within reason) rather than just the bare minimum.

When I get my consult date I'll pop a note in here and just check over my list of things to ask, just so I know I've covered everything.
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 on 21st July 2009, 1:56 pm

oh that's brilliant news hunny, as you said he didn't just dismiss you and say no.
remember to take a list of questions and tell him how much you would love both boobs to look and feel the same, as it would probably feel really odd to have one implant and the other side natural. i think they would look and feel totally different i'm not quite sure why he didn't suggest doing both at the same time.
keep us posted hun.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by nads on 21st July 2009, 1:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:as it would probably feel really odd to have one implant and the other side natural. i think they would look and feel totally different
I agree, maybe ask if he could put a slightly bigger one in the smaller one and a smaller one and uplift (if needed) in the 'saggy' one so they would look more evened out, he should know whats best though hun x

Sizing??? 418673

Sizing??? 9ziP
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia on 21st July 2009, 2:53 pm

Hi Sticky!!

Soo soo pleased for you Give You

I read your first post before going on holiday, I am sorry I did not even send you a hug!! Your courage and story just 'touched' me.... I felt unable to. I just thought how couragous you were to seek some support and explain your journey to strangers, and at such a young age. You stand pround Sticky ...you deserve the betest boobies ever!! All the best for your consultation...I will be thinking of you Hug xxxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 21st July 2009, 6:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi Sticky!!

Soo soo pleased for you Give You

I read your first post before going on holiday, I am sorry I did not even send you a hug!! Your courage and story just 'touched' me.... I felt unable to. I just thought how couragous you were to seek some support and explain your journey to strangers, and at such a young age. You stand pround Sticky ...you deserve the betest boobies ever!! All the best for your consultation...I will be thinking of you Hug xxxxxx

Blush Thank you Mia, I know I've said this before but I'm so pleased to have found this forum, full of women who may have different stories but who all want to have the same end result, and also a place to go and talk to people and get support when you feel like nobody else could possibly understand how you feel .
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 24th July 2009, 9:41 am

UPDATE

So I got my 3rd and final appointment date today, they've given me August 25th

Hopefully I'll get all this size stuff sorted out then I won't be far away from my BA Cheerleader
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs on 24th July 2009, 10:02 am

Cheerleader wonderful news, I hope you get the size you want hun keep us updated. Hug xxx
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 24th July 2009, 6:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Cheerleader wonderful news, I hope you get the size you want hun keep us updated. Hug xxx

Hug thanks dbs!
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 on 25th August 2009, 10:18 am

Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader

I'm all excited!!! I've got my last consult today at 4.15pm.

I've got some questions ready although I'll probably have dozens more by this afternoon!
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum