Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very long winded story (make a cuppa first!)

+21
Tonic28
shiningmoonbeam
dbs
loo3
RoxyChick
MsTeews
lozzied
missmarie60
gotsomeboobs
em_stevo
annefinackapan
sarahsbabies
LJK
angelkitten1
Jessica
Rachel09
cakey_baby
Emma
nads
*Sally*
LouLou82
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A very long winded story (make a cuppa first!) Empty A very long winded story (make a cuppa first!)

Post by LouLou82 8th July 2009, 4:10 pm

Ok so here it goes.............

When my boobs first started to develop they seemed pretty normal, but as they grew it started to become obvious that there was a problem as the left one seemed to be growing faster than the right.
My Mum took me to our GP who told us that sometimes it just happens like that and eventually they will sort themselves out. Well by the time I was about 15 they had just got worse the difference was much more noticeable and I was obviously starting to get upset because I couldn't wear the sort of clothes I wanted too and I was getting very self conscious.
So off we went to the doctors again, this time he took it a bit more seriously and referred me to a consultant, I had MRI's and X Rays and got poked and prodded by just about every damn doctor and registrar in the hospital.
Eventually they told us that one side of my rib cage was underdeveloped and they thought that was the reason for the size difference, they also decided the best way to fix this was to crack me ribcage and reset it, which would've left my with a big zipper style scar from just under my chin to just above my tummy button and was not guaranteed to fix the problem anyway!
My Mum told the consultant that what they were suggesting was totally pointless and leaving me with a huge scar down my front was not going to help my self confidence at all. So yet again I was fobbed off with go away finish growing, and maybe in the future after I'd had kids the size difference in my boobs might level out.
I've never had the money to have my surgery privately so I just had to go along with it. So after having my two little girls I decided to give it another go with my GP, after more poking and prodding and what felt like interrogation he referred me to the hospital. Finally the consultant I saw actually told me what was wrong and promised to fix it, he told me that what I actually had was Polands Syndrome which it a congenital defect that can stop chest muscles from developing, abnormality in the ribcage and all sorts of wierd stuff. So I got briefed on what happens with the whole boob job surgery and he agreed to put me on the waiting list.
Unfortunately my marriage broke down in a pretty nasty way and I ended up moving down south with the girls and so had to get myself on the waiting list down here. So..........again, again........off to the doctors he referred me straightaway and in August last year I saw my new consultant who said the BJ surgery was definitely the right thing to do, he said that he would have to write back to my GP to get them to request the funding for the surgery and he would be back in touch to put me on his waiting list.
Months passed and I heard nothing form the GP or the hospital so I decided to find out what was going on.
I got in touch with the patient liason service at the hospital in May and told them what was going on. They rang me back the next day and told me that the letter confirming my funding was sent to my GP and they had heard nothing back. Then I got in touch with my GP who told me they were very sorry but the letter from the hospital just got filed in my medical notes :evil: :evil: :evil: (stupid ignorant useless prats) and they would send it back to the hospital.
So finally, at last, hurrah!!!!!! I had my last appointment with my consultant yesterday who said he's still happy to do the surgery, so we talked about how much notice I would need for the surgery and I said that basically at this point if they called me at 10am the next day with the chance of surgery at 11am I would do my damn best to get there!!!!!
He told me that at this time of year not many ladies are keen to have their surgery as they've got holidays booked etc so they might be able to fit me in on the 17th of this month!!!!!!
So now I'm waiting for a call or a letter to say exactly when it'll happen, but apparently because of the new waiting list times it WILL be within 3 months!!!!!!
I am so relieved because I've got no confidence and all of this crap has got me feeling really depressed, but finally after about 13 years of hell I might be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Oh yeah, and thank you reading the really long drawn out story of my Boobs
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

A very long winded story (make a cuppa first!) Empty Re: A very long winded story (make a cuppa first!)

Post by *Sally* 8th July 2009, 4:33 pm

oh hunny my heart goes out to you and what you've had to suffer. But hey good on you for sticking with it and chasing them up and finally getting the funding. Wow you must be sooo excited.

Fingers crossed that you get the date you want.

Lots of love hunny

Sally xxxxxx Hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

A very long winded story (make a cuppa first!) Empty Re: A very long winded story (make a cuppa first!)

Post by LouLou82 8th July 2009, 4:49 pm

Thanks for that Sally Hug , I usually get a pretty nasty reaction if I tell anyone I'm getting a boob job on the NHS, even though it is only half a boob job!!!
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 8th July 2009, 5:01 pm

Oh wow hun, congrats on getting a date hun, sounds like you've been through so much but you stayed strong and perservered anyway, good on you! You deserve lovely boobies and its not long until you get them Cheerleader

Give You
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma 8th July 2009, 5:03 pm

I hope you do manage to get your ba this month hun, you've had a long wait. I don't no why people would be nasty about you having it done on the nhs i guess they have small minds Hug
Emma
Emma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 8th July 2009, 5:39 pm

Aw i hope u get your date soon hun, you have been through so much and really deserve it, and ignore those arrogant people who dont realise you have a condition and how hard it actually is to get surgery through the nhs.

Keep us updated! Cheerleader

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 8th July 2009, 5:45 pm

Thanks for all your replies girls I just want to give you all a big hug for being so kind :ghug:

I just wish more people understood what we all go through, loads of people have told me that it wouldn't bother them (I seriously doubt that!)
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 8th July 2009, 5:53 pm

Awww hun I'm so pleased that you are finally getting it sorted. As for people telling you that it wouldn't bother them, I seriously dount that too!! Ok for them to say that when it's not them with the problem.

Pleased too that you've stuck at it and finally got somewhere, fingers crossed you can have the 17th! Hug
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 8th July 2009, 6:03 pm

I'm so pleased you are finally getting it sorted, it sounds like your BA journey up until now has been long and complicated! Hopefully now is when it all starts to come together for you. Don't listen to the negative people!

Jess xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 8th July 2009, 6:08 pm

The bit that's really bugging me atm is my fella, he keeps telling me that he thinks I'm perfect blah,blah,blah I know he's only being supportive but would he be happy if he had to wear his wedding tackle stuck to the front of his chest if one of his was really bigger than the other!?!

I love him dearly Heart............... but I do wish he'd shut up sometimes! :lol:
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 8th July 2009, 6:13 pm

Hysterical Hysterical men eh they do try bless them!

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 8th July 2009, 6:23 pm

awww that's brilliant news that you are finally going to have matching boobies and of course a huge confidence increase.
i think all of us girls know what it feels like to have very low self esteem and be depressed about our boobies, you have come to the right place hun.
don't let anybody make you feel bad about getting it fixed on the nhs. our breasts are what makes us feel feminine and sexy and it interferes with your whole life if you are not happy with them.
you can't go swimming with your kids, don't want to let your oh feel or see them, can't wear the clothes you want to wear and feel sexy etc etc etc.
good on you girl and the very best of luck.
i'll look forward to hearing your story when you get it done babe.
shonagh xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 8th July 2009, 6:29 pm

Congrats thats good news, fingers crossed for you, hopefully you will get your date soon. Well done for keeping on at the doctors. Good luck x
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 8th July 2009, 6:30 pm

Couldn't have put it any better myself AK.

It sounds like you've found yourself a decent bloke to look after you and your little ones while you recover. Bless him Hug .

Good luck xx
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 8th July 2009, 7:08 pm

Good old NHS - its there for when we need it. Dont take anything from people being negative about your surgery. Your physical/psychological needs are being provided for just as they should be.
Aw, your fella sounds sweet betcha he'll love your new boobs though!!
Keep on getting excited as its fabulous news!!

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 8th July 2009, 8:37 pm

Massive Congrats hun, fab news! xxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 8th July 2009, 9:19 pm

After all you been through, you poor thing, glad youve had such positive news chick, got my fingers crossed that you get the date you want Cheerleader xx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by missmarie60 8th July 2009, 10:08 pm

hi sticky, was touched by your story and so glad after all this time that you are getting the surgery you deserve, i had my BA done on the NHS back in april and i too was afraid of the reaction i would get but everyone has been really supportive and no one has judged me, my friends and family who had noticed my chest ( i have a pigeon chest) thought i had every right to be made to look normal so i did'nt feel so bad then....doctors only let you have it done on the NHS these days if they think it is really necessary so dont be hard on yourself. i'm so glad you persevered.....if you want to see my before and after pics anytime or ask me any questions then feel free to pm me.hope you get your date soon.

love marie x x x
missmarie60
missmarie60
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 9th July 2009, 10:55 am

.x. so pleased for you, after waiting so long you really deserve it. hope you get the date you want xxxxxxx .x.
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 9th July 2009, 2:12 pm

HI, hope everything goes well for you and you get the boobies you deserve after all the trouble you've been through. Best of luck xx
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 9th July 2009, 4:28 pm

Sticky wrote:Thanks for that Sally Hug , I usually get a pretty nasty reaction if I tell anyone I'm getting a boob job on the NHS, even though it is only half a boob job!!!

Ahh, I can see why, especially after that story about the 16 year old who wanted boobs becasue she felt down sometimes. But having surgery becasue of a present problem is very different.

I hope all goes well lovely, feel free to post as much as you like about your surgery and things.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by loo3 9th July 2009, 8:58 pm

I had a BA done for pretty much the same reasons. I had 2 very different size and Shaped breasts. Didnt tell anyone until a year ago. Went on the NHS waiting list...poked n prodded by loads of doctors had scans. They said that I had wonky ribs which didnt help my boobs!! Soo great for the self-confidence. Eventually the NHS turned around and said I wasn't bad enough...which my consultant thought was a joke because I was one of the worse cases he has seen and he wanted to appeal. By this time I was fed up and paid to have it done! And 1month post op and i could not be happier!! I love my boobs and I feel 100% better!! I can wear those gorgeous tops...and not have to cover up with scarves and big hoodies!! My confidence has grown! Other people will not understand unless they themselves have wanted a BA or been in this situation...When I told people they just said..you sure its that bad! I cant tell!
The slight pain is completly worth it!!
You need to know anything else just PM me!!
Lucy xxxxxxxxx
loo3
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 9th July 2009, 9:15 pm

Well done for perservering hun, unfortunately I think the application process is purposly lengthy and difficult for the same reasons millions of forms have to be filled in when claiming benefits i.e fraud.

Im sure it makes genuine people such as yourself angry too as it does us taxpayers who end up footing the bill because some 16 year old decides shes depressed and trys her luck.

Im glad youve finally got the funding hun, you will get nothing but support from the lovely ladies on here, I have joined many forums but I will alwasy come back here as my first choice becaue everyone is so genuine.

Keep us updated lovely and fingers crossed you get a fixed date soon. Hug
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 10th July 2009, 9:35 am

dbs wrote:Well done for perservering hun, unfortunately I think the application process is purposly lengthy and difficult for the same reasons millions of forms have to be filled in when claiming benefits i.e fraud.

Im sure it makes genuine people such as yourself angry too as it does us taxpayers who end up footing the bill because some 16 year old decides shes depressed and trys her luck.

I totally agree, the major thing for me has been when consultants and doctors have asked me if I'm happy with the size of my regular side, I've had to be sooooo careful not to say "well yes I'd love huge boobs!". Although if at some point in the future I do manage to have the cash spare to get them a couple of sizes bigger, I really didn't want to mention to anyone just in case they thought is was simply trying to get a boob job for free.
At the moment I'm just fixated on getting the damn things the same size! Then I'll go to La Senza and buy all of their gel bras Hysterical
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 10th July 2009, 10:42 am

Hahaha! La Senza to the best bras, I wish they did a 28 back though!

Honestly lovely, you'll love your new boobs. The hardest part I found was telling people beforehand that I wanted it done, and I can imagine in your case the hardest part was seeing your GP. You have all our support on here lovely.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next