Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private?

+2
COOKIE
Sjelly
6 posters

Go down

Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private? Empty Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private?

Post by Sjelly 15th June 2012, 9:39 pm

Hi all,

I've just been told about this site through another website and was hoping to get some advice.

Some rambling:
Last year, I was referred by my GP for having breast asymmetry surgery. Although this is part of it, I also have tuberous breasts which is my biggest concern (GP had never heard of this deformity). Having had this referral, I had photographs taken and then had a separate appointment where I had a bodyscan. I never actually had a consultation with a surgeon or anyone other than my GP to examine my breasts.

I was told a couple of months later that I was not accepted as the asymmetry was only 11% and it has to be 30% or more in order to get NHS funding.

My issue has always been the shape of my breasts rather than the
difference in size (left breast is a C, right a DD). For me, all I want
is my breasts to no longer be saggy and shaped so tubular as they have been since I was 13.

I was wondering, should I go back to my GP and ask for a referral under a deformity (if there even is a referral for breast deformities)?
or should I just keep saving for private?
If so, are there any reccomendations as to who to go with?

Thanks x

Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private? 2191481077
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private? Empty Re: Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private?

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2012, 9:51 pm

Hello and welcome to BJSF SJelly Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private? 399357

I should imagine if you already been refused funding on the NHS you would be given a second opportunity to apply, but hey... it's always worth a try isn't it! Who knows hun, you may even just get lucky Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private? 267328 and if it's a no, then you might want to start looking into ways to raise the money privately sweetie.

If you ask about tuberous breasts in the 'General Breast 'Augmentation' section of the forum hun you should get quite a good response in there as we have quite a few members here who have the same and are undergoing surgery to have that fixed hun.

You may also like to visit our 'say hello' section too if you'd like to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you so we can all give you a big warm welcome to BJSF. xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th June 2012, 10:24 am

Aw hun, I can imagine it has been an upsetting experience being turned down by the NHS, and as cookie said it can't hurt to give them a second try.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 17th June 2012, 11:48 am

Thanks to both of you!

I was told when I had my bodyscan to ask to be reffered again if it wasn't approved first time, but I think the result will be the same if i'm referred for asymmetry surgery rather than for an actual deformity.

I will talk to my GP about it and if that's not successful, then I will carry on saving.

I had a look through the posts on tuberous breasts and found them helpful, still have so many questions to ask though.

Which surgeons are recommended by those who used to have tuberous breasts?

Thank youu
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th June 2012, 1:31 pm

if you ask in the 'General Breast Augmentation' section of the forum lovely, you'll find MANY women who had tuberous breasts there, so I'd advice you ask in that section of the forum lovely as I think you'll et a much better response to your question Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private? 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 17th June 2012, 3:08 pm

Sorry, I didn't realise I was in the wrong section.

Thank you Cookie! x
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th June 2012, 8:36 pm

Nooooooo, you weren't in the wrong section at all looking for adviced on the NHS babe, I was just directing you to the best place on the forum I thought you'd get the best advice for tuberous breast info and surgeons babes, that's all, so you could get the best from the forum. Tuberous breasts: NHS? Or private? 184153
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 2nd August 2013, 4:37 pm

Seems so long ago reading back.

For anyone new reading this, or out of general curiousity, I was referred in the wrong way in the first instance as I do have tuberous breasts which is is a deformity and should not have been referred under asymmetry. My PCT do referrals for deformities and do fund it also.

Since my last post on this topic, I decided to save up privately, but did go to one of the GP's to ask for a referral and she completely dismissed me and told me it was only for cancer patients.

I began going to consultations where all but one surgeon I saw said that they were unable to deal with my problem and advised to go down the NHS route as I will need at least two operations coming to a total of at least £10k and that an NHS environment would be more suited to me considering the complexity.

I managed to get two referral letters and it was under this basis alone I was referred to actually see a surgeon on the NHS. I even spoke to the manager of the PCT in my area (mainly because of the wrong referral and being lied to that funds are only for cancer patients) and she assured me if the surgeon can confirm I do have tuberous breasts that funding will be accepted, which it now has been.

If any of you are in a similar position, then please do go to your GP and make sure you do get your point across and they do something about it. If one GP fails to listen and refer you, then go to another. It really is a sensitive topic for a lot of us which some people fail to understand.

I have received some very useful advice on this forum and one of which was to make my voice heard if going through the NHS. I really had to push to be seen by a surgeon, so please take take this on board and seek advice from surgeons and others on the forum.
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 3rd August 2013, 9:29 pm

Glad that you got it sorted lovely. I went private for mine, i didn't even bother with my GP because they are just a waste of space. I have a picturetrail and if you want a look then you are more than welcome. I was recommended anatomical overs, as part of fixing my tuberous breasts the surgeon had to score the insides to release the constriction and create a lower breast fold in order to give that more "natural" rounded look. I must say tho, they look like completely different boobs and i am so glad to have had them done. If there's anything you want to ask me tho then please feel free =] and good luck x x x x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 4th August 2013, 6:35 am

Glad you managed to have your tuberous breasts done, I'm also going private, never tried asking my doctor though.. I don't think mine are bad enough because although horribly tuberous they are the same size etc xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 4th August 2013, 8:03 am

Glad u finally got everything sorted. Im also going down nhs route. Except my gp took one look at referred me to surgeon x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 4th August 2013, 12:54 pm

Thanks all and will be sure to keep in touch if I have any q's.

I was told mine were quite severe Jennifer, but if your PCT funds congenital deformities, then I am sure you would have been entitled to surgery the NHS route anyway. I personally would go private if it's only a simple case of a BA as it's less hassle, less waiting time and you have a say! Good luck x

Victoria, that's how it should be done and best of luck on your journey :ok:   x
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 4th August 2013, 1:39 pm

Thanks. My gp is amazing she told me I hav odd boobs coz im an odd person lol I have tuberous and asymmetrical boobs an A /D cup x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down