Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asymetry

4 posters

Go down

Asymetry Empty Asymetry

Post by OrchidSam 19th February 2012, 1:18 pm

Hi

I have asymetrical breasts. Have tried the NHS route about 2 years ago, was terrified and got put of by incompetant staff that didnt even know how to measure a bra size.

Anyway cut a long story short and its really bothering me again to the point where my confidence and relationship is really damaged now.

I wear a 38dd bra, left breast is too big for bra and right is too small. To make them look fairly even i (ashamed and embarrassed to admit this) fill up the gap with 3 or 4 folded ankle socks.

I have been umemployed for about a year and have just got a 6 month contract work wise and may be able to afford going private. I have just started looking around at clinics and have booked an appoinment to see a nurse at the Harley Medical Group in bromely.

I know it will be hard to be specific, but would you reccommend an implant on the smaller breast, reduction on the larger, or will i need to have an implant and uplift on bigger one?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards
OrchidSam
OrchidSam
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Asymetry Empty Re: Asymetry

Post by nat4andy 19th February 2012, 2:47 pm

Sorry to hear about the rubbish nurses iv had the same problem with a few nurses..what I would do is explain what your problem is to the nurse and how you want them to look and she should offer you a few ideas for you to think over. Xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by starjem 19th February 2012, 4:12 pm

Hi. Im guessing theres quiet a difference between either breast, due to the amount of socks you are using to even them out.

From what I understand by researching and based on what ive been told by women I know with the same worries, I would think the best thing to do is to put an implant in the smaller one.

This would be easiest and less trauma to your body. I guess the other options would be more complicated and with more scarring.

The best person to talk to about this is your PS. We can always give our advice but we dont really know what you know or your PS knows.

Wishing all the best with it all and I hope you get the result you want.Asymetry 571992
starjem
starjem
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by OrchidSam 21st February 2012, 11:33 pm

Ok so went along to the HMG today and saw the nurse, who was lovley, (she knew all the right things to say - im feeling sceptical after all the posts on here!)

But i must say, it did feel good - or great to be doing something about this finally. SHe made me feel like it was possible, i deserve it and i am not the freak of nature that i feel.

What was reccommended to me for my asymetry was 3 options, an uplift, uplift and implant and and uplift and reduction. The prices ranged from 5640 to 6000. Which i thought was a fair bit.

Again as i have heard with the HMG that my best option would be to discuss it with a surgeon but to see him it was £100 deposit which would be taken off the deposit/final price.

Anyway, i will continue my research, speak to more clinics/surgeons and have a gooooood think!
OrchidSam
OrchidSam
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by John Pereira 23rd February 2012, 5:07 pm

Hi
Sorry to be late in replying.
Asymmetry can be difficult to deal with but my thoughts are that at the end of an operation where possible the breasts should be made of the same components - sounds obvious but its not always done like that - what I mean is that you will age and change best over the years if you have the same skin envelope, amount of breast tissue and implant size in both breasts.
If you are happy with the size of your small breast then have this lifted and the larger reduced to that size.
If you want the smaller breast bigger then I would augment and lift this one to the desired size, and then adjust the other side to have the same amount of breast, implant and skin.
Simply putting in two different size implants only works with small asymmetries.

I hope that this helps - think very carefully about who does this surgery for you - look at what aftercare service has been for others recently when making your decisions. Get a package that includes revisions because even in expert hands asymmetry surgery may require small adjustments.

Hope that this makes sense and helps you.

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down