Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds - Just received referral letter!!

+3
rachemsi
misf1
ClaireLeeds1988
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leeds - Just received referral letter!! Empty Leeds - Just received referral letter!!

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 14th August 2011, 8:45 pm

Hi everyone :-) Has anyone booked or had surgery in Leeds? I've been referred to the Leeds Clinics and have done some serious research about types of implants etc and also the surgeons at Leeds Clinics and I still have a few questions, so am hoping someone can help me please?

1. Has anyone had saline implants? I'm thinking of going for those as I have read that although they feel firmer they can be drained and filled during surgery which makes the end result easier to make symetrical?
2. The main surgeons at Leeds Clinic are Philip Turton, Simon Kay & Chris Fenn has anyone used/using these guys? Or who are the other surgeons and what are they like? The 3 I've named seem to be quite recommended?!
3. I work in office, does anyone know roughly how long I'd be off work? I've read so many things from 3-14 days!!
4. Will I definately have to stay in overnight? If so what will I need?
5. Seriously, how bad is the post surgery pain/swelling?

Anyway my letter informs me that if I haven't heard from the clinic to make an appointment with a consultant before the 26th of this month I should chase them up. How long do you think I will be waiting for the actual surgery to take place from first consultation?

Your help & advice is muchly appreciated :) would be good to keep in touch with people from Leeds area and other parts and share our experiences together :-) xxx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Leeds - Just received referral letter!! Empty Re: Leeds - Just received referral letter!!

Post by misf1 14th August 2011, 8:54 pm

Is this for the NHS hun? They probably wont use saline, as in the UK they are barely used.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Leeds - Just received referral letter!! Empty Re: Leeds - Just received referral letter!!

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 14th August 2011, 9:18 pm

Yeah it is :( I read on a couple of other forums that did, I suppose beggars can't be choosers eh? Lol x
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 14th August 2011, 9:33 pm

ah I understand the post now I was a bit confused lol. I'd take at least a week off work hun, maybe two just to be on the safe side. I would think you would have to stay in overnight with the NHS hun, although I could be wrong. You wont need much just button up pj's things to keep you occupied and your clothes for going home, maybe a brush, toothbrush/paste and the usual toiletries, but they will tell you this at your consultation.

It depends how your health board works some people are refered to the clinic and the op goes ahead within a certain number of months, others are refered to a clinic and the surgeon then puts your case forward to the PCT these can take months to get back to you as to whether they will fund the surgery or not, if they will then you may have to wait a few more months.

I will move this to the NHS section for you hun
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 14th August 2011, 9:55 pm

Thanks :) yeah I must admit I'm a bit confused myself :/ I read another post about visits to psychologists but my dr told me it's approved and the next I hear will be from the surgeon? Surely the NHS can't work that quick? I was building all my excitement up and some people have waited 2 years. It just sounded so certain from my dr... Help?
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 14th August 2011, 9:58 pm

I left out that my dr referred me to cosmetic exclusion panel in June and was told Friday it's approved. Hence my confusion in my docs words as they sound pretty certain to me?
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 14th August 2011, 10:01 pm

If your Dr says it's certain then hun, it probably is, some people are lucky and go through this quite quickly. It's a lottery really. Try not to worry.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 14th August 2011, 10:06 pm

Well im waiting for them to contact me to arrange an appointment so I'll try find out some info on the phone and let you know! So hope I've won the implant lottery! :) hehe
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 15th August 2011, 7:47 pm

Haha felt like a bit of a weirdo earlier :-S after reading advice about gathering pics together to take to see your consultant I thought I'd research ahead and went an bought nuts mag. The newsagent look at me a bit oddly but never the less I feel a lot more confident about speaking to him when I go meet him!! Does anyone have any ideas how long it takes from first consultation to surgery with the NHS?
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 15th August 2011, 8:12 pm

hi hun

ive just had my surgery on nhs in bradford. i waited for 3 yrs in total but sounds like it may be a lot quicker for you. if you have any other questios re surgery on nhs id be happy to help but it is def very different depending on which pct.

xxx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 15th August 2011, 8:24 pm

Hey

I'm in shock then to be honest and pretty lucky if you an the other lady are right. I went to see my GP in may/June this year and she referred me straight away to cosmetic exclusion panel, I popped in to the drs passing on Friday and was told it's approved. I've not been told about any of the psychological assessments some of the other members have been trough on the NHS and then received a letter confirming my booking ref no and saying that if I don't hear from the clinic by the 26th to get my GP to chase it up.
Really, the NHS do great things but they don't work that great if you know what I mean? Lol. If it really is the case then, wow, fingers crossed I could have my boobs for Xmas?! :D
What size were & are you? If you don't mind me asking lol, did you have your surgery done in Bradford?

Thanks for the offer on advice, you'll wish you didn't offer soon enough lol!! Xx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 15th August 2011, 8:28 pm

hi

i was a 36 aa before the op and my stats are 5ft10 and size 10 i had 330cc unders. im a 36 D/DD now. yes i had the op in bradford BRI and i was soo impressed with how good they were i had one overnight stay. I really dont mind answering any qestions you have hun xx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 15th August 2011, 8:37 pm

My booking details are for the LGI and I've read some great things about the surgeons there that the NHS use and I feel really confident about meeting them, I just hope I feel I trust them enough when I meet them, I hope I'm not over exaggerating lol. Well I decided to do this because my left breast measures as an a cup and my other sits between a b/c, which at first I thought I'd grow into it during puberty and never did. I've never really had a proper relationship because I feel uncomfortable removing my bra, mainly because my chicken fillets end up on the floor! Lol so I am now in a long term serious relationship and just still do not feel like a woman should do.
This is why I am shocked no mention of extra assessments have been mentioned to me because I told my GP all the above.
When you got your first official letter dd yours have a booking reference number, password and clinic printed on it?
I am hoping that my surgeon will consider either equalling me out to a c if thats possible or go for a d cup. I just don't want to look to big as I'm only a size 8 and 5.6 xx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 16th August 2011, 7:26 am

no hun i never had a letter with passwords etc. that must be soething only leeds do. I saw the plastic surgeon for a final descison, he just chatted with me and looked at by boob size etc and took measurements. he then wrote back to the pct with the final decision. I got a letter from my doc then who said it had been approved and to await a surgery date. I didnt hear anything for a year then out of the blue a letter came through saying come in for sugery in 2 weeks. i couldt believe it was soo happy. It sounds like leeds may do different but you can always ask for some clarification at your next meeting, is that with the plastic surgeon??? xxxx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 16th August 2011, 4:24 pm

Hey :) well I've definitely got the funding! I went had a word with my GP where she printed a letter off to her from the exclusion panel saying they are pleased to accept my case!! Just need to meet the consultant!! Should hear from them by next week otherwise need to chase them up. I'm in shock but happy shock lol xx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 16th August 2011, 5:49 pm

Hey lovely, here's a bit of info for you

ClaireLeeds1988 wrote:1. Has anyone had saline implants? I'm thinking of going for those as I have read that although they feel firmer they can be drained and filled during surgery which makes the end result easier to make symetrical? I doubt the NHS would use saline. They're good as, like you said, they can be filled in 5ml increments, but they tend to lose volume via the valve that's used to seal them. They're just not used in the UK much anymore as they silicone alternatives are much, much safer.
2. The main surgeons at Leeds Clinic are Philip Turton, Simon Kay & Chris Fenn has anyone used/using these guys? Or who are the other surgeons and what are they like? The 3 I've named seem to be quite recommended?! The first surgeon is familiar. It might be worth asking for a copy of their CVs and checking the GMC list to see if they've had any complaints against them. Check BAAPS and BAPRAS too as sometimes NHS surgeons are members of other governing bodies.
3. I work in office, does anyone know roughly how long I'd be off work? I've read so many things from 3-14 days!! A week at least, and depending on how you get to work, maybe an additional week. I had to use the tube so took two weeks off to avoid being crushed in rush hour. If you drive you'll need at least a week, maybe more off. Buses and walking you should be ok to take a week off.
4. Will I definately have to stay in overnight? If so what will I need? Not necessarily, although it depends why you're having surgery. If there's quite a bit of work to be done then they'll probably want you to stay overnight, but many of use who have straighforward BAs are day cases. Overnight stay shopping list can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
5. Seriously, how bad is the post surgery pain/swelling? I don't remember it, although I have a good pain threshold. I remember feeling uncomfortable but there wasn't that much pain. I tell you what was the worst, being unable to go to the loo for a week or so, then getting massive cramps when I took Senekot!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 16th August 2011, 6:28 pm

Wow thank you, you've been so helpful! I managed to find all 3 surgeons cvs last night on linkedin!! They are all well qualified and lecturers at universitys and 2 of them have their own practices in Nuffield and bupa hospital! I was quite impressed by what I read and I found a couple of posts mentioning turton and Kay and they both seem highly recommended!!

I walk to work so a week is great as I work in the accounts dept of a massive industry so with deadlines and stuff I'll be working late loads to catch up if I had/need longer :( maybe I should get my bf up at 7am to take me? Lol!

That's interesting about the saline implants, I never even thought further into them to be honest and didnt realize that if they can fill and drain them that they are obviously over time gonna drain into your body!! Makes so much sense now you pointed that bit out to me!!

I've cut some pics out to take to my consultant for an idea of the look I'd like but still have no idea about sizing :( I'm a size 6/8 and 5.6 and was hoping they would consider either making me even to a c or increasing me to a d but I don't want to look too big for my frame. What are your stats? Do you think I'd have to have the PRE op to expand my tissue?

I'm just a bit dazed still that my funding has been accepted so quickly, after reading what some of these girls have had to go through on the NHS, I don't even know how I feel lol. I'm confused, happy, shocked and feel sorry for the women still fighting for funding.

Sorry for the essay :) and thanks again ;) xx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 18th August 2011, 7:38 pm

Yay!! I've had a letter this morning asking me to contact the clinic to arrange an appointment to see a consultant!! Gonna get on the phone first thing!! Are there any particular questions I should ask when booking the appointment or just save it for the consultant?
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 18th August 2011, 8:00 pm

Hey thanks for the link I'll check it out! I found his cv and a few reviews on linked in and they all read impressive. From what I understand in my research though is that the lgi only use the 3 I've named and they are all highly recommended, so I'm touching wood I've done the right research and know that I can trust them lol! What are your PRE and post stats? (if you don't mind ne asking) thanks again for te advice x
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 18th August 2011, 8:31 pm

Lol yeah you missed part of the list, have you heard of Simon Kay or chris fenn?
My left measures an a and my right measures a b/c, I would rather the surgeon do both breasts as an increase but am not sure about size, I just know I want to have a nice full even pair of boobs, size doesn't bother me so long as I don't end up too big because I'm only a size 6/8.
How many different sized sports bras do you recommend I buy? And how would I know how much bigger I should buy due to swelling? I've read open fastening at the front are recommended? X
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 19th August 2011, 8:48 am

heya!!

im not sure if you've heard of sizers??

they're really good for getting a good symmetrical look.

They place the silicon shell inside you and then fill it up with saline, once they're evenly sized, they are replaced with the proper silicon implants of that size - this is what im getting done because ive got asymmtery too and its basically exactly the same as yours but on opposite sides haha

only if we had eachothers halves LOL Leeds - Just received referral letter!! 557141

X
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 19th August 2011, 12:37 pm

Thanks for the advice girls!!
Yes I've done a bit of reading about the sizers how long do you have wear them for before you get implants?
Tashab you'll have to let us know how you get on on Monday!! Really pleased for you. Clinic opens in 30 mins!! Getting excited now!! Hehe
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 19th August 2011, 2:29 pm

Well I called the clinic and they said all my paperwork has been reviewed by a Professor I've been registered with at Leeds General Infirmary but they can not get me an appointment for upto 13 weeks!! It's gonna feel like the longest 13 weeks in my life :( it'll all be worth it in the end though :) xx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 20th August 2011, 2:55 am

Im not sure how long... it depends if you need to stretch the skin to fit the implant. In my case, im not getting a large implant so my surgeon will just put the implant in at the same time... shes taking a couple different sizes in though to test it out

:)

X
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 20th August 2011, 5:42 pm

Ahh right I see.

I found some info last night on how to do the rice test, I know it's not the same as trying implants about but I suppose it's a way for me to try and determine a size. My bf (bless him) told me to go buy some MORE!! chicken fillets thinking that would be easier than do the maths (I hope I'll be alright coz I work in accounts) but he didn't understand they really don't work in that way, lol.

I suppose I'll just have to make sure when I'm closer to consultation, I include questions about sizers/enhancers for my surgeon should he mention it. Deep down I just want to rush in there already and just get the implants fitted but I know and understand all of my surgeons advice is in my best interests.

When is your op? Sorry if I've already asked lol. Where abouts are you from?

My bf also wants to have a chat with my parents before my consultation (his friends are talking crap basically lol) to make sure that I am doing this for the right reasons and no matter how much I tell him I am he still wants to hear it from my parents. I don't know if he's over reacting or anything but I suppose I can understand?? Would any of you?

I just want my consultation through so I can book in for surgery and hopefully have the op by Xmas and then hopefully start 2012 a new woman!! Fingers crossed!! Xx (sorry for the essay) xX
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next