Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First appointment.xx

+5
misf1
Rach26
kay
carol_s
MrsJ
9 posters

Go down

First appointment.xx Empty First appointment.xx

Post by MrsJ 25th January 2011, 7:15 pm

Hi everyone. i was referred by the doctor over a year ago and I have just recieved my appointment to go to the hospital to find out if I will qualify to get them done. I'm really nervous and don't know what to expect. Can anyone help me if you've been throught this process before. Thanks all.xx
MrsJ
MrsJ
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

First appointment.xx Empty Re: First appointment.xx

Post by carol_s 25th January 2011, 7:37 pm

Unfortunately I can't help much as I went private hunnie, but just wanted to wish you good luck and hope everything goes well for you at the consultation.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 25th January 2011, 7:45 pm

Hi and welcome to BJSF wavey

congrats on your appointment xx Sorry I can't offer any advice either but I'm sure someone will be along soon that might be able to help xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 25th January 2011, 9:42 pm

I'm going private too hunnie, so I'm afraid I cant help either.

But congratulations on getting the appt, and good luck with it! xx
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 25th January 2011, 10:37 pm

Sorry hun, I'm no help either. But good luck
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 25th January 2011, 10:42 pm

Hi hunnie, if none of the ladies who are getting their BA's on the NHS sees this post, I would suggest that you PM them and either ask them via PM or ask them to reply to you in this thread.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby 25th January 2011, 11:04 pm

I'm going private too.

May I suggest you start a new thread with NHS in the title?

That might be more successful in alerting those who have had their BA or at least the first appointment. Hope you get some answers/reassurance soon
Gabby
Gabby
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 25th January 2011, 11:07 pm

Sorry hun I can't help either, maybe try a google search, you might come across some info or someone who has gone through the NHS procedure that could advise you. Good luck with it anyway hunnie. xx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 26th January 2011, 2:17 pm

Hi

I'm going with the NHS if they say yes. At my appointment with the surgeon I first talked to a nurse/doctor about my problems, how my boobs effected me. She then took a look and measured me. She also had a very quick feel just to make sure I didn't have any lumps to be concerned about. After that the surgeon came in to take a look.

Before they saw me, whilst waiting, I had to fill in a form, just about any family history of breast problems, any medications I was on etc.

They may want to take your photos too. (just of your chest, they don't include your face on the pics)

In my PCT you have to make a request for funding to the funding panel, after the surgeon has seen you, but it sounds like you don't need to do that from what you've said.

Good luck!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 26th January 2011, 10:25 pm

Hi there! i've been accepted for my BA on the NHS but im not sure if my answer to your question will be the same as im from Scotland and from what i've read it seems to be quite different.
Anyways, when i got my first appointment through after seeing my GP it was to be assessed by the psychologist first to tell them how it affected me ect and i was then measured and weighed. i was told there and then that she felt it would be best for me to have the op done but i would still have to wait to get an appointment to meet with the surgeon where he would have the final say. That took about another 6months i think and then i met with one of his, whats the word....someone who was working for/with him and she measured me up and spoke to me for a while saying that the surgeon would be along soon to have a look and make his decision. Luckily the lady was on my side and the surgeon told me he trusted her 100% in her decision that i should have it done and that was that! i'm now waiting until Aug 4th when i go back to get sized up ect then onto the list for surgery!!!
Good luck with your appointment, its the best feeling in the world and 1 step closer to you getting your decision!
Misty xxx
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down