Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any help - why am I exceptional?

+7
shelle222
angelemma
littlewisher
sars3dd
hattie260
misf1
bigandsmall
11 posters

Go down

Any help - why am I exceptional? Empty Any help - why am I exceptional?

Post by bigandsmall 13th December 2010, 3:09 pm

Hi Girls

Well, its 2 months since the surgeon said he could help and my GP still hasn't completed the Individual Funding Request form to see if the PCT will fund me.

Now I've stopped crying I'm going to write a personal statement to accompany the form but I've been told I need to show that I am exceptional against other women with the same condition - asymmetric breasts - why the condition might effect me more than the average person with it.

Can anyone help me or give some advice on what to put? To be honest I do believe anyone who was as wonky as me would feel as **naughty word** about it as I do, but obviously I can't put that!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Any help - why am I exceptional? Empty Re: Any help - why am I exceptional?

Post by misf1 13th December 2010, 10:12 pm

Gosh they really are cracking down on it aren't they. I have no idea what you should write hun, but I would just like to wish you the best of luck. I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 13th December 2010, 10:22 pm

That's really hard a surely you think that anyone with your kind of problem should be considered! I'm sorry hun i really don't know what they expect you to put. Maybe about how you feel in everyday life,what these feelings prevent you from doing in everyday life etc etc. It must be hard hun but just write about how you feel.

Good luck xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 14th December 2010, 5:21 pm

I never had to writ anything but i had to tell gp, then surgeon and then a psychologist how it bothered me. I was seeing a psychologist anyway for this and other stuff so i had some idea of the questions i was going to get.
Just be honest. I told them how i hate shopping as i was paranoid. That having to run off every hour or so to check my padding hadnt moved, how the sexual relationship with my husband was strained. and then i was asked if i could pick one reason why i really wanted this what would it be. And i told them, that if i needed to live with this then fine but i really wanted it for my girls. I wanted to feel confident enough that i didnt look odd in a swinsuit and i wanted to take them swimming and see the look on there face as they splashed about the water and learnt to swim.

I know its hard but it will all come to you when you start writing x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewisher 14th December 2010, 6:05 pm

maybe talk about any bad experiences you have had (nasty comments that have really affected you or stories that have really affected you and your confidence and self esteem)
Could talk about the difficulties you find with clothing etc (this may show that your case is more severe than other women with assymetry) like your a B in one cup and a D in the other (not sure if its the case with u but if it is im sure it makes you pretty exceptional to someone who is just one cup size different)
Maybe could put in the life style factors it affects, activities you wont do, clothes you won't wear, if it causes you days where u feel really down and dont want to go out etc.

Not sure if any of this is right or if any of this applies to you but i guess thats the kinda stuff they will be taking into account, i suppose they are just trying to see how much you think this affects your over all life.

xxxx
good luck
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 15th December 2010, 2:48 pm

Thanks everyone.

I've submitted it now. Included info about how I can't find underwear to fit and how most others with asymmetry probably can, and don't have as much size difference as me. Included stuff about swimming with my daughter too because that is definately true about me. Have tried to say how it impacts on more areas of my life than it might for other asymmetrical women with less size difference.

The thing that really annoys me is that the PCT was still funding this when I originally went to see my GP, but she said she couldn't refer me til I'd had my baby, and by then it was on the list of things they don't usually fund.

Another GP is now going to complete the form for me seen as my other one has had 2 months and still not done it. Think she's going to do it this week though!

Sarah Where asre things up to now for you. Was so sorry to read you've got CC. Have they had to take your implants out?
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 21st December 2010, 8:44 am

Heya :)

I was going through the NHS, I'd seen my GP, a surgeon and the psychologist who all agreed I should have the surgery. Unfortunately the hospital trust cut all funding for surgery and I would need to go through my GP to my local PCT. I didn't go down that route as I knew there was no way they would fund it so I was lucky enough for someone to lend me the money I needed.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that they hurry up and fund you....I waited 23 yrs for my op and although I'm still healing I'm so happy I did it. xx
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 26th January 2011, 2:20 pm

Hi again everyone.

Just wanted to say after 3 months my GP finally filled in the form and posted it to the PCT. They will be deciding my case at a meeting on 11 March.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me. (And if they say no, fingers crossed someone wants to buy my car for £5000!)
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 26th January 2011, 2:44 pm

I really have my fingers crossed for you xxxx
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by shelle222 26th January 2011, 3:11 pm

Fingers crossed and rooting for you Hun x
shelle222
shelle222
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by jenjens1986 26th January 2011, 7:59 pm

AWW hope they say yes hun, good luck xxxxxxxxxx
jenjens1986
jenjens1986
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 26th January 2011, 8:54 pm

Good luck sweetheart, I really hope they will agree to do it for you Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 29th January 2011, 9:23 pm

Thanks everyone!
Am ploughing ahead with the private consultations just in case they say no (and desperately looking for a job!)
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 22nd March 2011, 8:55 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to say that the NHS decision that my request for funding was declined finally came through today. I'd suspected it might be a no and have already started getting fixed privately, because I was so miserable from the waiting. But I am really gutted in case any of you girls live in my PCT because they are obviously very strict about who they let through.

bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 22nd March 2011, 9:24 pm

Hey sweetie

Firstly Hug as I was declined last year and I know how it feels. Don't feel down, there are ways and means and at least going privately you have a choice in everything that happens now. PM me if you need to rant/vent/chat

xxxx
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 23rd March 2011, 2:20 pm

I'm so sorry they declined you hun. It's so unfair that they have this postcode lottery where they help some and not others. I wish you the best of luck in going private and finding a job (which I know is so hard to do at the moment).
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 23rd March 2011, 7:05 pm

i am so so sorry to here that you were declined. Its shocking they have this postcode lottery thing going on. I wish i could give you a cuddle xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by lolarose 29th March 2011, 3:45 pm

I think they now let hardly anyone, i was on medication for my lack of confidence due to breast size.. was seeing a psychiatrist.. and gave details in my case of how my problem had stopped my career and stopped me living my life. I had a really strong case but still got rejected :( Im now taking out a loan with MYA. x
lolarose
lolarose
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie88 29th March 2011, 3:58 pm

Hi bigandsmall, absolutely gutted for you , good luck with private and hope you find a job soon! x x x
Lolarose also hope all turns out well for you too!! x x x
Charlie88
Charlie88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum