Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tissue Expanders...... My View

+2
kittie
sars3dd
6 posters

Go down

Tissue Expanders...... My View Empty Tissue Expanders...... My View

Post by sars3dd 9th October 2010, 1:08 pm

Well I have been looking for more info on Tissue Expanders and have ventured onto a couple of cancer websites (i hate doing it) so thought i would document me view of the tissue expander so normal NHS patients dont have to go onto such sites unless they want to.

Well when i first woke up from surgery the tissue expander didnt feel to different from my normal implant. I had a very sharp pain in my back on the right side but i put this down to my chest infection. That cleared up but the pain still came and went. I had constant discomfort, not pain, but just not right on my right side. I had my first fill. The fill itself wasnt painful at all, just a needle pushed into the breast (it worse giving blood) and i could feel my muscle getting pushed out but wasnt painful at the time. I got 120cc at my first fill. Half an hour later i was in agony. the pain across my breast and round my back was really bad and my arm felt tight and difficult to lift (like how you are 2 days post op). I started doing my stretches from the physio right away and felt ok after a day. But the expander still felt hard, uncomfy and pain still came and went in my back.

2 weeks later i had my second fill, a whole 150cc, again i felt fine during the fill but yet again half an hour later i felt sick with the pain, cried and wanted to scream. Again i went straight home and got stretching and i slowly noticed my arm was numb. Now 3 days down the line the numbness is coming and going. My breast feels rock hard and i mean solid, its very uncomfy and i have the pain in my back when i breathe. Tissue Expanders and harder than normal implants and i have found the larger it gets the more uncomfy it gets and often painful to.

My left breast feels great, not painful at all, settled well and its great feels like a part of me and this silly TE feels like its there to punish me for being so selfish about wanting boobs. My surgeon said i would feel mimimal discomfort after expansion but thats it. I want to stick one of these things in him and let him see how it feels. haha.

I am now fully expanded (well i hope i am) at 520cc. I am glad i did it in 2 big fills (on top of the one during surgey) of 120cc and 150cc cause i can get this over and done with quicker. But alot of woman prefer less pain and get 50-70cc at a time. Only you will know whats best for YOU.

All i can say is the next 6wks till i find out my next surgery date cant pass quick enough. I am popping over the counter painkillers as much as i can and taking the prescribed ones when my hubby is in cause the make me a bit spaced. For me this TE experience has not be positive at all, the constant discomfort will be worth it in the end but its hard going.

I wish all other TE woman an easier ride than i had xxxxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Tissue Expanders...... My View Empty Re: Tissue Expanders...... My View

Post by kittie 9th October 2010, 2:28 pm

That's a great idea to post your experience with tissue expanders sars. Lets other ladies know what to expect.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 10th October 2010, 9:03 am

i know some woman will go throught the TE experience and have no pain or issues at all or feel very mild discomfort. however there will be woman out there who find it hard.
i can really notice the difference, my left just feels like part of me, my right feels so false. xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 10th October 2010, 5:43 pm

So glad your left already feels part of you. Righty will get there soon xx
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 10th October 2010, 6:08 pm

Ah bless ya Sars
You've been through alot but hopefully you feel better now and alot more happier in yourself :) X
susib
susib
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 534

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 10th October 2010, 7:31 pm

Thanks for this sars. I don't know but im pretty sure i'll end up having the same thing. I have literally no tissue on my left and im a D on my right(i think....not really sure! But i wear a 32D and fill the right side). Im really greatful for you giving people this insight, but it's definately terrifying me at the same time!

Its consult day tomorow Shocked , so i guess I'll know for definate then if this is what im in for.
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 10th October 2010, 8:38 pm

you will be ok, its a long journey but worth it xxc
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 13th November 2010, 11:28 am

Hey sars, hope your doing well. Just wandering, how long will you/have you had the TE in before they replace it with an implant? Trying to plan my summer around this silly (well...not so silly really) BA issue is proving difficult!! Also, do you know if you can fly (long haul :S) with them in? xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica29 14th November 2010, 4:41 pm

I had my tissue expander put in in August and I've just been given the 13th December for my full BA surgery. Happy happy happy. My first surgeon said my TE would only be in for two months and my current surgeon said it would need 4-6 months. I've had no problems with the tissue expander but I have a few stretch marks (but I think this is just because I'm prone to scarring) Sorry to hear you had a bad experience x
Jessica29
Jessica29
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 14th November 2010, 6:02 pm

thank you jessica......ive got quite a few stretch marks on my bigger boob so no doubt i'll get them with the TE awell. Ohh well......small price to pay as long as their even! xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 17th November 2010, 8:45 pm

My tissue expander have been a nightmare. I have had it in since 6th September and been told my 2nd op will be within the next 4months. I am on a cancellations list so not sure how long it will be. I am used to it now i can just tell when i am over doing it. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down