Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pregnancy and boobies

+2
Jene
peggysue
6 posters

Go down

pregnancy and boobies Empty pregnancy and boobies

Post by peggysue 22nd September 2010, 6:42 am

Ok so out of curiosity... what happens to boob implants if you become pregnant? :wavey:
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

pregnancy and boobies Empty Re: pregnancy and boobies

Post by Jene 22nd September 2010, 6:56 am

Great question. I have been really curiosity about this myself Boobs
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 22nd September 2010, 12:45 pm

i dont know but i do know i went from a 34b and nothing on my right to a 34e on each side when pregnant and then back to normal again.

i do know that my surgeon kept asking if i had finished my family. if i hadnt they would have made me wait before doing it.
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 24th September 2010, 1:26 pm

This worries me too. Seems so final to say for definate 'thats it, no more kids', I'm only 30 ffs! But equally, I've had 14 years of being wonky... can't last any longer!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 24th September 2010, 6:59 pm

how many kids have ya got ?
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 25th September 2010, 6:56 am

i have 3 daughters and i am ony 23yrs. all my pregnancy were hell and all wherr premature. my husband is alot older than me he is in his 40's now so he has had a vasectomy as he is happy to have no more kids. i would ove another one but i had to make the decision, so when hubby went for his op i focused on my boobs.
am sure different areas wouldnt even ask about pregnancy after the op, i kniw a friend who was with the nhs in a different county and she wasnt asked once. i was just unlucky and asked loads x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 25th September 2010, 7:10 am

if youve never been pregnant, then you wont know if pregnancy will effect your boobs much or not.
Some people get away with not changing cupsize too much so it doesnt ruin their boobs.
I started off at a 32B, and i just found some of my old nursing bras the other day - 36FF. No wonder they were a mess afterwards!!! If you have implants already and that happens, its just going to stretch the skin even more than it would naturally, so youd be shelling out for an uplift afterwards for sure.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 27th September 2010, 1:35 pm

abbie - thats good to know. I've got 2 kids and my boobs only changed one size in pregnancy, it was breastfeeding that messed mine up more.

My GP has already mentioned the fact that I should really wait til I've finished having kids.
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 27th September 2010, 1:58 pm

I was asked at my consultation with my surgeon whether there are plans for anymore children shrug I'd say it's a sure no but
then again I might change my mind in a few years. Anyway I already had implants when I fell pregnant and up until then I had no problems with them at all. They were 11 years old. My boobs increased from a 34D to a 34E/F so 2-3 cup sizes. I managed to breastfeed. Unfortunately for me I got CC in my right boob, decided to nothing about as we knew for 100% we wanted at least 1 more baby. A year later my boobs measured 32DD.

When I fell pregnant again my boobs increased 3 cupsizes and looked HUGE!!! The CC got worse BUT I managed to breastfeed with the CC and although it hurt like hell I carried on.

8 months later my boobs are a 32DD again but not as full. And I swear I have maybe a slight case of double bubble in my lefty but my surgeon saw no problems at my consultation?

I do know people that have implants and children and they have no problems at all.
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 29th September 2010, 4:57 pm

Charlene I am probably being thick but what is CC?
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 2nd October 2010, 7:56 am

Here you go:

What is Capsular Contracture?
After breast augmentation with breast implants, excessive scar tissue may form around the breast implant which causes the breast implants to harden (similar to what a contracted muscle feels like) as the naturally forming scar tissue around the breast implant tightens and squeezes it. Every patient will have some scar tissue form around the breast implant, however if it forms a lot the implant will feel firmer or even harder depending on the "grade" of capuslar contraction the patien has. Capsular contracture grades from 1-4 with for being the worst. While capsular contracture is an unpredictable complication of breast surgery, it is also the most common complication of breast augmentation.

How can Capsular Contracture be prevented?
1.Textured implants help deter contracture because of their rough surface which is intended to discourage a hard capsule from forming.
2.Under the muscle (sub-pectoral or 'partial sub-muscular') placement of the implant reduces risk of capsular contracture by an average of 8 - 10%. Whereas over the muscle (in front of the muscle or 'sub-mammary') has 10 - 25% or more chance of capsule contracture. Complete unders (total sub-musculofascial) provide even more protection.
3.Massage and or compression. This is usually only done with smooth implants and may be suggested for a period between a few weeks to as long as you have your implants. Do not massage bruises! More can be found on Dr. DeWire's massage page.
4.The "no-touch" technique. This method includes meticulously re-washing surgical gloves before handling any instrument and implants. Only the head surgeon touches the implant, using a unique Teflon cutting board and immediately inserting the implant underneath the muscle. All of these measures help ensure that no foreign substance attach themselves to the implant, which could inflame the surrounding tissue and cause complications such as capsular contracture.
5.Vitamin E -- Is rumored to help, it can't hurt and it also beneficial to the skin. However, it may cause bleeding so don't take 2 weeks before & after surgery.
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 2nd October 2010, 6:05 pm

Poor you, thanks for explaining x
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member