Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ba on the nhs is it a postcode lottery?

4 posters

Go down

ba on the nhs is it a postcode lottery? Empty ba on the nhs is it a postcode lottery?

Post by caz1976 14th May 2010, 8:45 pm

ive read so many stories about getting ba on the nhs depending where you live in this country and whether your local primary care trust will fund it .So is it a postcode lottery and if so has anyone got ba on the nhs who is from the west midlands.ive been reffered to a surgeon who said its not available on nhs whether or not your life and mental health are being affected,is this a fact or are they just being careful on their spending and deciding that women like us have not got a choice in our own well being.Also has anyone been reffered to a surgeon from their gp because of the affect their breasts are having on their life been turned down then accepted by another surgeon or hospital as im in limbo as to what to do next .My gp wants me to have counselling which i arranged today can they nominate me for surgery if they feel its in my best interest to have a ba on the nhs.As i said im from the west midlands so any advice from anyone from this part of the country would be great but any advice i get will be much appreciated thx
caz1976
caz1976
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

ba on the nhs is it a postcode lottery? Empty Re: ba on the nhs is it a postcode lottery?

Post by pipple 15th May 2010, 9:05 am

Hi Caz

Sorry to hear that you have been turned down on the NHS. I had mine done on the NHS in the Midlands. I do remember that my GP had a letter from the surgeon before I went to see him and the main reason was asymmetical. It is very hard to get it done on the NHS. It took me 9months of fighting (due to other medical conditions). You can ask your GP for a 2nd opinion and you can choose which hospital you want to got to. So try calling a couple of hospitals and ask to speak to the PS seceratary's to see the reasons are all the same. Also try calling your local PCT and see where they stand. But regardless which hospital you to go, its your PCT where you live that as the last say if elective surgery goes ahead.

I hope that's helped
pipple
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

ba on the nhs is it a postcode lottery? Empty Re: ba on the nhs is it a postcode lottery?

Post by misf1 15th May 2010, 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear you have been turned down hun, I went to my GP also and they told me there that there was no way I would ever get approval. It does seem unfair the way they do it for some and not for others. I tried to save but there was always something that would eat up my BA savings money, so 2 years after my consultation at Transform my boyfriend agreed to help me and put the op on a 0% interest credit card. I pay about £150 a month off it and it should be all paid up within the next year or two.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 15th May 2010, 2:45 pm

It does seem like a bit of a lottery, I've heard of people who live in the same area who get different treatment!
Perhaps we should all start writing to our MP's to make the standards the same throughout the UK because at the minute it all seems to be based on where you live.
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down