Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP said no

+19
happywomble
*Sally*
angelkitten1
natalia
ShootingStar
MsTeews
_Carrie_
Tonic28
fluffy_bunn1e
mariajw
Jessica
Annie66
samarie24
Nisey
cakey_baby
RoxyChick
Dancing_Diva
pinkbabe
sars3dd
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GP said no - Page 2 Empty Re: GP said no

Post by angelkitten1 5th September 2009, 4:07 pm

aawww hunny big Hug i really feel for you and know how gutted you must be feeling right now.
i would do as ss said and stay on the waiting list to have the one implant done and if it is not right and you still feel the need to have the other side doing then you could go back and see a different doctor and explain how you feel. hopefully they would then refer you to have the other side done.
the other thing is if you have one side done and they refuse to do the other you could always then go private to have the other side done and it won't cost as much as it's only one side, just a thought hunny.
good luck xxx Give You
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 5th September 2009, 6:42 pm

So sorry to hear what you're having to go through sweetheart. I think what SS said made sense. Get on the list now then keep fighting to get them to change their minds to 2 implants. At least then you can try all other avenues in the meantime. xxx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 5th September 2009, 7:03 pm

thank you so much ladies. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by happywomble 6th September 2009, 7:30 am

Hi S, just reading your post, and with regards to saving and a job. I was in the same boat. I have a 2 year old and just couldnt afford childcare to work (being a single parent with 2 kids) so I decided to mind other people's kids. I did this and after 3 months I had the money for my BA. I only minded them for 4 hours a day and was able to bring my baby along with me. It was a godsend. Just an idea. Wanted to wish you all the best with your GP, hope you find a solution and sooner rather than later, good luck xx
happywomble
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 6th September 2009, 8:34 am

If you go ahead with the NHS, you can ask for another opinion and remind them of what you was told in 2007, hopefully they will see sense and place the other implant in while doing the one because believe me when you lay down on your back the one with the implant will stick out while the other will not and they can't do that to you, it's not right, you're not being greedy at all hun, i think every woman would feel exactly the same if it were them, thinking of you x x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 6th September 2009, 4:53 pm

i now it sounds really daft but i put my swimming suit on for the first time in 4yrs today with a "chicken fillet" in my right side (my small boob) and left my left one. i cried cause my left was pushed flat with the swim suit and the right well didn't look that different. How on earth would that be given me confidence by given my one implant?
My hubby is barely speaking to me now and well if it wasn't for having a friend here today i would have been in tears all day xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 6th September 2009, 7:50 pm

This might sound a bit odd, but why don't you make a formal request to see your medical records? If you ask they have to allow you to see them, they might charge you but it's only around a £10 and it will be worth it because then you'll be able to see your notes from 07 when you were offered 2 implants then you will be able to use the information to make an appeal to your PCT.
Don't give up, I know it feels grim and pointless right now but I just had my first NHS surgery on Wednesday after many years of fighting, so you just keep trying Hug
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 7th September 2009, 10:09 am

[quote="Sticky"]This might sound a bit odd, but why don't you make a formal request to see your medical records? If you ask they have to allow you to see them, they might charge you but it's only around a £10 and it will be worth it because then you'll be able to see your notes from 07 when you were offered 2 implants then you will be able to use the information to make an appeal to your PCT.

HI I am with Sticky on this one.. you are entitled to see all your medical notes nowadays...

might be a emotional ride reading them tho... some doctors are not so sympathic in their notes..

xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 8th September 2009, 12:57 pm

Thanks Sticky, i never even thought about this. I will get that done ASAP, thank you.
Well am still not feeling any better, got my psychiatrist on monday to discuss in detail how my boobs make me feel then how the affects everything else like my eating my moods and being paranoid hubby is going to leave me. Hubby still barely talking to me as he thinks am just wanting massive boobs to show off to everyone. Liek i'll be walking about with them out all the time lol. Typical mans response i suppose. He cant see the heartache am in. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva 8th September 2009, 1:01 pm

Thats a really good idea Sticky! GP said no - Page 2 514153

At least then Sarah you will have it in black and white that you were offered two implants back in 2007. I think what they are doing is only adding to your upset and mental state its not fair. Hope your appointment with your psychiatrist goes well and that they back your case for two implants. Big hugs xxx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 8th September 2009, 1:03 pm

sars3dd wrote:Thanks Sticky, i never even thought about this. I will get that done ASAP, thank you.
Well am still not feeling any better, got my psychiatrist on monday to discuss in detail how my boobs make me feel then how the affects everything else like my eating my moods and being paranoid hubby is going to leave me. Hubby still barely talking to me as he thinks am just wanting massive boobs to show off to everyone. Liek i'll be walking about with them out all the time lol. Typical mans response i suppose. He cant see the heartache am in. x

No problem hun, just remember you can always start an appeal against the decisions that have been made.

I wouldn't say he can't see why you're so troubled, but I do think that men have a tendency to avoid issues that scare them, and if he is worried about you flouncing off with another guy simply because you have new boobs then you both need some kind of counselling to reinforce your relationship?
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 8th September 2009, 8:57 pm

Sticky i am sure its the age difference between us. there is 18yrs between us and well am sure he thinks his younger wife will get new boobs, get bored with him and leave. But i had my children with him and married him for a reason, boobs or no boobs he's the one i love and want to be with. When have came through so much in 4 years so not going to give up now over boobs. Just wish he would get that. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 8th September 2009, 9:08 pm

men are really insecure im sure hed soon change his mind once u had them mybe tell him how u feel i think u really need hi ssupport as u sound so down
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 8th September 2009, 9:12 pm

i have tried everything and he just wont talk about it at all. I am hoping he will sit in my appointment at the psychiatrist so he can see how this makes me feel x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 8th September 2009, 9:18 pm

i think thats a good idea
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 11th September 2009, 10:15 am

hey lovely, how you feeling now?

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 12th September 2009, 7:37 pm

am really not feeling good at all. Tried shopping for an outfit for a family party and ended up not going cause i couldn't find anything i can wear with these boobs. I am seeing my psychiatrist on monday and barely sleeping.
I'd do anything right now to stop the thoughts am having about them. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 12th September 2009, 7:51 pm

Have you thought about getting a prosthesis hun? Maybe you could speak to your doctor about it as something the help you while you fight your case?

I know it won't make you feel any better unclothed but it might make your day to day activity (like getting dressed everyday) a little bit more bearable.

For me I have been very lucky and managed to find one of those "chicken fillets" in a 2 cup bigger size which helped me a lot.

Just a thought Give You
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 12th September 2009, 7:52 pm

Oh lovely I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. Sending you big GP said no - Page 2 571992 xxx

Did you manage to get hold of your medical notes from 2007? Like the girls have said you must be able to appeal. Hopefully your appointment with the psychiatrist will help them see how much this is affecting you.

I just think looking at your avatar you're such a beautiful girl, and you deserve to be happy. Let us know how it goes xxx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 12th September 2009, 8:25 pm

I never thought i could ask for one Sticky, i will now though.

I got my medical notes but all it said was, op discussed in detail, due to pregnancy to come back at later date, and that there was a signifigant difference and op is my only option but nothing about the implants and size. bloody typical of the nhs.

I am loving reading everyone's happy posts about there BA's xxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 12th September 2009, 10:00 pm

sars3dd wrote:I never thought i could ask for one Sticky, i will now though.

I got my medical notes but all it said was, op discussed in detail, due to pregnancy to come back at later date, and that there was a signifigant difference and op is my only option but nothing about the implants and size. bloody typical of the nhs.

I am loving reading everyone's happy posts about there BA's xxx

I'm not sure if you can get one but I've realised that shy girls get nothing, so what harm is it going to do if you just ask? I'm afraid that if you don't subtly suggest (or as I like to call it harrass! Hysterical ) then you'll never know, and I mean harrass make sure you become your GP's worst nightmare and make it clear you won't be letting up until something practical is done to help you. Have you also thought about seeing a different doctor within your practice? Or even changing your GP's surgery all together until you find someone a bit more sympathetic?

I'm racking my brains for you at the moment because you really need some kind of breakthrough here and hopefully one of us will be able to help
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by meqr 12th September 2009, 10:54 pm

I have a wee suggestion.... A friend of mine has just searched out an ironing lady.. guess how much... £7.50 a basket... yea... when he made a few calls the price was something like £1.25 a shirt £2.00 a double duvet... Now I hate ironing... but imagine how much you will be smiling them creases into them shirts... and it will be all off your own back.... hehe pardon the pun.... I imagine most guys get a few baskets a week.. get a few customers and I bet you could make £45 to £60 a week... You can do it when the children are in bed too. ;-)

I am an ebay lover but that would definately be an option...

Mmm another is there was a programme on 100 men paid for my boobs I have not googled it.. but I will... hopefully something will come up...

Where there is a will honey there is a way.... and looks like between all the girls here we can stoke your fire of will and get it burning.

San.

x
meqr
meqr
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by meqr 12th September 2009, 10:58 pm

Mmmmm just looking at the post above me.. yea make an appointment every day... hehe yea at least 3 times a week... and how about seeing other doctors within the practise too.. get them talking... hopefully there will be one in the pack that will be able to break the glass ceiling for you.... there is always a way.... never give up.

San.

x
meqr
meqr
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 14th September 2009, 12:13 pm

I love ironing if its other peoples, i hate doing my own lol. Will look into that.

And thanks Sticky, i will become her worst nightmare and going to try another GP to.

Leaving for my appointment with the psychiatrist soon so really nervous about that. Ladies, tha magic wand would be great right now. haha xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 14th September 2009, 12:54 pm

Hiya - just wanted to say how sorry I am for what you're going through. Anyone who doesn't understand how a lack of/uneven/too large boobs can affect your mental health is a very lucky person, as it's a horrible thing. I agree with the other girls who say to keep hasselling your GP.

You WILL get boobs to make you smile. Soon we will be reading your success story...you may have a bit of a wait but you will get there.

Lots of luck with the appointment...

x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next