Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruptured PIP implant

+8
fluffy_bunn1e
sarahsbabies
cakey_baby
kay
nads
Annie66
*Carls*
mia123
12 posters

Go down

Ruptured PIP implant Empty Ruptured PIP implant

Post by mia123 4th August 2009, 7:57 am

Hi girls - new here so first of all hello !!

I had my PIP implants fitted 5 years ago and they were fine until about a few months ago. I discovered a lump at the base of my left breast. I was mortified that it may be breast cancer, so went to the doctor who could not feel anything. My partner could not see or feel anything either so I thought I was going mad.
Anywy a few days later the lump came back and it got bigger over the next few days. I took some pics on my mobile phone and showed my partner and the doctor who then refered me to my local breast clinic. The doctor there immediately identified it as a ruptured implant, and the lump was leaking silicone !!! The scan showed that the silicon had travelled to the lymph gland in my armpit.
Obviously I was and still am extremely worried about the health implications of this leakage. I went back to my local BA clinic for a consultation and expressed my concerns and dissapointment in the ruptured implant. There seemed sympathetic and obviously were happy to remove and refit the implants. But then came the shock - they wanted £5300 to perform the op. This is £1200 more than the op cost 5 years ago !!!!
So I began the complaints proceedure - and I have made some ground on the price, but still not satisfied so have made tentative enquiries with a solictor who believes I have a case should I instruct them on a no win no fee basis.

I was just wondering if any other girls have had this happen - or if they know anyone that has met with the same problem. My clinic have told me that this happens in less than 1% of cases - in which case I cannot believe that they don't replace them for free purely on an excellent customer service basis.

Mia x
mia123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Ruptured PIP implant Empty Re: Ruptured PIP implant

Post by *Carls* 4th August 2009, 8:13 am

Hiya Mia,

Firstly welcome to the forum XXXX

I'm so sorry your having all these problems, it must be incredibly stressful for you. I hope that you are ok and it gets sorted for you.

Do the company that make PIP implants not have a "lifetime" guarantee? I was told by one of the companies that use PIPs that if they were to rupture than it would be the fault of the surgeon at the original BA, but I did wonder at the time whether it was a line she was spinning.....

They'll be loads of girls along with some great advice soon.

Really sorry your having such a horrible time Hug

Carlie

XXXXX
*Carls*
*Carls*
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 4th August 2009, 8:14 am

Hi Mia123

Welcome to BJSF :allo: I'm really sorry to hear about your problems and hope you manage to get it sorted out as soon as possible. I'm not sure there is anyone here who has had the kind of problem you've had, but we'll all try and support you as much as we can.

I don't know what the legalities of your situation are but if the solicitor is prepared to proceed on a no win no fees basis then you have nothing to lose by pursuing that avenue. However, as far as the actual operation is concerned, I think it would be important that you make sure you don't get PIPs put in again. They are generally regarded as the cheapest and most unreliable implant on the market. Perhaps check that with the company before you go any further ...

Good luck!

A x
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 4th August 2009, 8:22 am

Hi Mia, welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you are going through this, it is awful they are trying to charge you more than your first BA, im presuming your aftercare didnt cover rupture.
Annie66 wrote:I think it would be important that you make sure you don't get PIPs put in again
I agree, this is important as you dont want it to happen again. PIPs do have a warranty but dont take it as they'll just cover the cost for you to have new PIPs which you dont want. I hope you're successful with your case, keep us updated

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 4th August 2009, 8:28 am

Hi and welcome :allo:

Sorry you are having troubles x I can't help with the rupture questions but am always here to listen x

The no win no fee thing sounds like a good option though x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 4th August 2009, 8:37 am

Hi Mia

Im very sorry you are having these problems, my mum also has pip implants and is thinking about changing them due to rupture rates, like Nads and Annie said it is important you dont have these implants again, I really hope you successful with your case let us know how you get on.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 4th August 2009, 9:24 am

Hi Mia, I can't help either, but just wanted to say Hi and that you should definately go for the no win no fee solicitor. You've got nothing to lose that way as if you win then I'm sure the solicitor will claim their fee's from the company that did your BA.

I originally booked with HMG but cancelled and lost my deposit because of all the info that I found out about PIP's, however they still swore blind that there was nothing wrong with them and that they had NEVER had anybody who's implants had ruptured. I didn't believe them.

xx
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by mia123 4th August 2009, 10:50 am

Thanks for the help and support Cheerleader . Don't worry I will not be having PIPs fitted again thats for sure !!! The clinic in question have backed down somewhat after a few letters we have sent them, but im still unhappy at the prospect of having to pay for replacements at least 5 years earlier than anticipated. What is more of a worry in the fact that the silicone has leaked. I was told at the initial consultation that this would never happen even if I was stabbed in the chest - which by the way was the only way the PIPs supposedly could be ruptured. Lots of misleading information.

After lots of research Im a little more battle hardened now though - so I won't be backing down. Im not keen on going down the solicitor route until I have exhasted all other options. I was just interested to hear if any other girls had been forced into that particular course of action.
mia123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 4th August 2009, 6:23 pm

Just wanted to say welcome, im sorry you join us in bad circumstances though, i wish you all the best with this fight, and always here to listen and offer support. xxx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 4th August 2009, 11:31 pm

Hello Mia123 From Mia!! and a warm welcome Hug

Soo sorry to hear about your predicament and agree with Annie about the make of impalnts and advice offered. I wish I had some better advice, but, sadly I dont. I do hope you find chatting on here with all the fab ladies some comfort and support to join in your journey. look forward to chatting. Give You xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th August 2009, 2:13 pm

What an awful situation to be in sweetie. I'd definitely instruct solicitors if you can as it sounds like you have a good case.

Sally x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaF 9th August 2009, 9:01 pm

i dont understand why that would ask you for 5,300!!! Their standard op is 4,250 (and thats a recent price). I don't get it.

x
HannaF
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaF 9th August 2009, 9:08 pm

By the way I don't think that you will have a case if I'm honest. Reason I say this is you can't prove what you were told. I think its awful that they told you that they can't rupture and leak unless stabbed. I specifically asked - recently had by BA with HMG and I was told that they can do, although was told rare (not sure how true that is but still!). Its a give away in the aftercare programme. They only apparently cover the implants in their replacement programme for 2 years. I'm not sure if this was the case back when you had yours done. But this is what I think it will come down to, what is written down in documents somewhere, as you will struggle to place reliance on a conversation 5 yrs ago.This is such a shame though as there are other people in this circumstance. I've seen a few relevant threads on othr forums, where people's have ruptured just 2-3 yrs after! I hope I'm wrong and the solicitor can help u babe. You do have an avenue to go to PIP though I'm sure. Although I think the max you can get off them is around 1,000 euros which is not that helpful xxx
HannaF
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by mia123 10th August 2009, 3:16 pm

Thanks for those comments HannaF x Im still considering my options at the moment. I will keep you all updated x
mia123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 10th August 2009, 9:09 pm

hey lovely,

So sorry to hear about all the hassle you've been through. This was one of the reasons I decided to set up the forum, so girls can be aware of the good and the bad side of surgery.

As for the PIPs, again this is a longstanding battle lots of girls have had. What was your aftercare policy in full? Do you have a copy of the aftercare you can post on here at all? Or possibly let Snake know on our boards here? he's an awesome insight into the industry.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down