Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Do I, don't I?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I, don't I?

Post by KC94 on 19th March 2016, 10:17 am

Hi everyone! New here :)

So I've always had pretty small boobs (bra size is currently 30C, though I'm sure I'm more of a B) and since I've lost a stone they've shrunk even more. I've been thinking about this for around a year now and even had an appointment at a local clinic last summer (which I've researched a hell of a lot since and it looks amazing). I decided to hold off until I was 21, which I now am as of December, mainly in the hope I'd stop wanting it, yet here I am still desperate to get it done. I have a few concerns which are stopping me though.

1-The recovery process. I can only take one week off work and am scared I'll be in agony for weeks, or even months.
2-The procedure itself. I've never had an anesthetic and have no idea how I'll cope with it. I'm even freaking about having a tube in my throat!
3-The money. Who says it'll turn out ok? What if I waste £5,000?
4-Having to get it redone in the future. I don't want to mess with my body too much during my life.
5-I have a lot of stretch marks considering I have tiny boobs, so how many more will I end up with if I go bigger!?

If any of you can shed some light of these worries, I would be eternally grateful!
KC94
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Do I, don't I?

Post by Lucy106 on 19th March 2016, 1:32 pm

Hello and welcome!!

I think if you want it done now you will probably always want it done but you are still young so it depends on your reasons for wanting it! I always hated my boobs but I didn't really start considering it seriously (doing actual research rather than just being curious!) until I was early 30's. I finally got it done at the age of 37! The things that were putting me off was having to change them every 10 years but now I'm older I may only need to change them once which seems like less of a commitment! Plus I wouldn't have had the money at 21 as I was fresh out of uni! On the flip side I now wish I'd had it years ago when I was 21! 

Recovery wise a lot depends on placement. Ladies that have them under the muscle seem to experience a longer recovery. My recovery was long and I don't think I could have gone back to work at 1 week - 2 is better if you can have an extra week. I did mine over Christmas so there were lots of bank hols so I wasn't taking so much time off! I deliberately waited so I could do that - I booked 3 months in advance and the wait was agony as I soooo wanted my boobs like yesterday!! Soon came around though. During recovery you are mega tired and your back aches from sleeping propped up. You really do feel like an old woman for at least a week!

The procedure is fine - you won't even know u have a tube in your throat. They inject you with anaesthetic and you go into a lovely sleep and wake up with boobs! That is it - it really isn't scary, the risks are minimal!

Money wise, yes it is a lot but there is no reason it should go wrong! Yes there are a list of possible complications but u have to weigh up how much you want this! I was prepared to take the small gamble as I hated my boobs especially since having kids and breastfeeding. Which brings me onto the next question... Kids... If you want them, lovely as they are, they do wreck your boobs even if you breastfeed!! At 21 you are likely to need them replaced maybe twice again in your lifetime - but you could have your next op after kids maybe and make them lovely and perky again!! Also now I've had it done once, the thought of a reop doesn't scare me - it's actually quite exciting!

Oh and good question re stretch marks. I had lots on the lower pole of my right breast and yes, they are still there since my BA but not nearly so noticeable! I think stretched out stretch marks look better. I didn't get any new ones (so far!).

Hope that helps!! It's an exciting process and I say go for it!!! Xx
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK on 19th March 2016, 2:47 pm

Can't say much more than above except, where as Lucy is an unders gal, I'm an overs and my recovery was a breeze, I'm a stay at home mum so didn't need to return to work but if I had a desk job I would have been able to return after a week, if it was more manual then i would difinately asked for light duties such as no lifting or vigorous arm action. We are all different and recover different. I have been put under GA 4 times and had not issues. I had my BA at 35 after breast feeding 2 children. I had lovely boobs before children, I was happy with my 32c but my girls ruined them and it seriously bothered me. A BA was always at the back of my mind but it was my husband that said I could if I wanted so thT was it i had to get it done ASAP, booked it 6 weeks later. 7 months on and I love them and cannot wait till summer. Re re ops, I'll deal with that when the time comes x
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by KC94 on 21st March 2016, 8:04 pm

Thanks so much for your replies ladies! I've figured it all out with work, so now I just need to attend my first appointment and see how it goes. Ideally I'd like to have it done on 29th April, but I don't know if the surgeon will be able to do it then. We'll have to wait and see! I'm a bundle of nerves/excitement/anxiety/hope right now!
KC94
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK on 21st March 2016, 8:09 pm

Yay, that's great, fingers crossed for 29th to be available. Let us know how you get on xx
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by KC94 on 21st March 2016, 8:10 pm

Thank you, I will do!  yes xx
KC94
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down