Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How tight should a macom feel?

4 posters

Go down

How tight should a macom feel? Empty How tight should a macom feel?

Post by daisychain15 12th February 2016, 10:16 am

Hi girlies

Well, it'll be a week tomorrow since I got my new boobs! Had a shallow bath the other night and my mum helped to wash my hair with a towel round my chest haha, I felt great though after washing my hair.. I couldn't believe how greasy it got in just a few days! Recovery has been great.. no problems as of yet and my boobs are starting to look really natural already and feel quite soft which I never expected so soon. At first I thought they were really small, but when I take off my bra I feel really happy with them and once they have settled more I think they'll be perfect for me. 

With regards to the macom, I have been wearing a loose sports bra from M&S which has no support in really whatsoever but feels comfy. I put my macom on every day for a few hours or to sleep in (my surgeon didn't mind if I wore a bra or not for recovery) but it hurts after a while because it's so tight even on the loosest hooks. I know they are meant to be tight but when I wake up in one I have really bad pain across my chest and incisions but when I wake up with my sports bra on I have no pain! Is this just normal for macoms? Thanks xxx

Hope everyones doing well! Give You
daisychain15
daisychain15
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

How tight should a macom feel? Empty Re: How tight should a macom feel?

Post by Lucy106 12th February 2016, 10:41 am

Hello!  You are looking fab - I don't think they look too small - they look perfect for you!!  Its great you are having such a good recovery - mine was rubbish!!

No its not normal for Macoms to cause pain as such in your incisions or your chest.  What size did you get? XS or S?  I am a 31 band but I bought the small which is 32.  You are probably a bit swollen which won't help.  I found my macom really uncomfortable and tight and it kept rolling up around the first week of surgery due to all the swelling but it soon improved.  I undid the last few hooks so it was less pressure on my ribs.

Now all my swelling has gone my macom feels lovely - like a comfortable hug and I just wear it in bed at night.

If it is causing pain and your surgeon hasn't specifically said you  need to wear it then its a bit of a no-brainer - I'd just stop wearing it for a week or so until it feels comfortable to do so.

xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 12th February 2016, 1:55 pm

Hi daisy chain 

Glad your on a speedy recovery, I was like Lucy I had a terrible recovery but it's all in a distant memory!!!

The macom is meant to be tight to hold them in place, like Lucy said if your surgeon said not to wear one then I wouldnt. If you feel that you want to wear something then stick with your sports bras. 

Happy healing xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th February 2016, 10:04 am

it's a compression garment so it's meant to keep you stable. But it shouldn't be painful. Not all girls get on with it. As above, if youve not specifically been told to wear it, ditch it for something you're comfy in.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain15 15th February 2016, 8:23 pm

Thanks ladies for the replies! It is a size S and I measure a 30/32 chest.. I haven't worn it since I posted this and I feel good. Wearing a stretchy thin sports bra which is super comfy.. seeing my surgeon on Weds though for my check up and to get my tape off which is around the whole of the underneath of boobies to armpits. 

Like you said [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I can probably wear it once swelling has settled, even though I don't feel it! xxxx
daisychain15
daisychain15
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 17th February 2016, 2:01 pm

How did you get on with your check up? Xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down