Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Sorry another question - how much planning?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sorry another question - how much planning?

Post by ScotsGirl78 on 27th January 2016, 9:21 pm

If I am going to be really sensible I should wait until end July for the op as my ex takes our boys away for 2-3wks every yr. 
I (obviously) don't want to wait that long but it seems the only option at the minute - no kids to look after / no school run etc. I can take 2/3wks off work to recover. 

Did anyone plan to have their op that far in advance? Was it too long a wait? 

Also, maybe silly question - did anyone plan op so as not to coincide with period? I'm so heavy after getting coil fitted that I think it would be hard to cope if I didn't have full use of arms / able to shower regularly. I soaked through to my jeans today - would find it even harder to cope after an op and wouldn't expect boyf to deal with it! 

xx
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorry another question - how much planning?

Post by Charlii on 27th January 2016, 10:05 pm

If you can wait that long, I would. It would just decrease the stress of having to look after them when you should be 100% focussed on yourself. You really do need to stop for a week. 

I booked mine in March for a June op, as that was most convenient for me workwise. A lot of girls have to wait longer than that anyway because their surgeon is so popular. And somesurgeons only open up their diary 3months ahead.

The GA is going to mess with your hormones, so you can plan your period as much as you want, but it'll do whatever the hell it wants! I kept taking my pill through the op, but my first period after was not normal. 

As an aside, should you be bleeding that much on the coil? Maybe talk to your gp if you're soaking through, no woman should have to deal with that!

Pre Op 32AA
5'8"
9st10ish
10/12
Post Op 32DD/E
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by ScotsGirl78 on 27th January 2016, 11:37 pm

Thanks  Charlii :)
I'm only on 3rd period (every 3wks so far!) and I always said I'd give it 6months to settle down - so fingers crossed it does! 

Think I'll book in some consultations soon and then take it from there - seeing what availability is like etc. Delaying until end of July would allow me to save up some more £ as well and then hopefully not have to borrow as much. 

I think the ease of not having the kids about would outweigh anything else I have to consider.

xx
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 on 28th January 2016, 9:01 am

I planned mine 3 months in advance so it would coincide with Xmas and I'd have my husband around to help more with the kids. Also during term time I'd be having to do school runs and I'd feel guilty not being able to drive to take them to their after school activities etc. I'm glad I planned ahead rather than rushing in (as tempting as it was - wanted boobs now!!) it meant Xmas was a bit of a washout but I'll make up for it next year! Xx
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland on 28th January 2016, 4:52 pm

Scotsgirl
I would definitely wait till your X has taken the kids on holiday so you can have plenty of rest. Why don't you get those tablets from the doctor that postpones your period. I've used them years ago when I went on holiday xx
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK on 28th January 2016, 10:30 pm

Having no children around while recovering is a great idea, if you can hang on till then. I came on day after op, it was fine though xx
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by ScotsGirl78 on 29th January 2016, 4:12 pm

Thanks everyone. I know that waiting til the kids go away is the right thing to do. I can't begin to imagine how I'd cope with school run etc (boyf doesn't live with me and I HAVE to do school run as I share with a friend to get all our kids to 2 diff schools). 
I feel glad I've made that decision though - it's exciting to have a date in mind even if it seems ages away!!

Just need to book some consultations now. 
Would it be too early to start seeing surgeons? Should I wait til nearer the time?

xx
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 on 29th January 2016, 4:35 pm

I'd start consultations now if u were u - it might take a while to find one and at least if you start now you've got time to do it properly without feeling rushed and panicked! Surgeons would probably have their books open for you to book in advance I'm sure!

Good luck! X
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii on 29th January 2016, 8:16 pm

I would see surgeons as soon as you can. I got so fed up with the 'what ifs' that I just went to see one to get some sort of answers. It was over a year later that I went back with the full intention of booking.

Pre Op 32AA
5'8"
9st10ish
10/12
Post Op 32DD/E
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by ScotsGirl78 on 1st February 2016, 9:24 pm

Ooh thanks ladies!!! Just need to narrow it down now. 
I'm thinking Paul Banwell and Garrick Georgiou. 
V tempted to see Mrs Kat too as Blush's boobs are amazing!!! 

xx
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top