Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying bras

+4
blush89
BkozK
Charlii
Lucy106
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Buying bras - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying bras

Post by Lucy106 22nd January 2016, 6:56 pm

So funny as I clearly have no idea what a correct fitting is! I think I was so used to wearing bras that were too big for me (no boobs!) that to have one that fits tightly is like a dream!!

I hadn't noticed it didn't fit - I'm rubbish!!

Definitely proves I need a proper fitting.

Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 22nd January 2016, 7:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's what I thought for £6. I've just measured my self so hopefully they'll be ok. I should get mine tomorrow so I'll let you know how the fit is xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 23rd January 2016, 3:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] those tshirt said bras from Debenhams are a really small fit. Looks like they are going back. Xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 23rd January 2016, 6:17 pm

Noooo how annoying!! Did u order online? I got measures today. 32dd in a triamph contour bra. It was lovely!! Didn't buy it but might go back tomorrow...! X
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 23rd January 2016, 7:53 pm

Yes I did. I measured my self using Charlii's method. As soon as I opened them I knew they wasn't going to fit. The cups look so small. Like my old bras xx I'm not going to get measured properly till I've seen my surgeon again on 3rd March. When hopefully I'll get clear to wear anything. Xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 24th January 2016, 6:11 pm

I popped into debenhams yesterday as they have their blue X sale on, was really excited to start buying wires. After about 15 minutes I got totally over whelmed, and left without trying on a single bra :-(. X
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 24th January 2016, 6:18 pm

Ahhhh BkozK - I feel the same!!! I got measured in fenwicks yesterday but didn't want to buy anything until bravissimo have measured me! The selection is overwhelming even for soft cups - so I know it must be 10x worse for wires!! I've been on the figleaves website and they do free returns so I think I'm going or order a barrel load of bras to try on at home. Ahhhhh the excitement is actually too much!! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 24th January 2016, 8:00 pm

Yep my thoughts exactly, order a few at a time, try them on in your own time plus added bonus you can try on different clothes to see how they look. I'd like to get measured at Bravissimo but the nearest is convent garden and that's a 2hr 2x train journey from where I live. I am going to take a trip to nearest Boux avenue when I get the chance but that's still a 40 drive away and not much fun with a 2 yr old in toe. So online for me for now xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th January 2016, 8:44 pm

I would recommend getting yourselves fitted first before buying online, so you know the feel of how its meant to fit. Get the fitter to go through it with you, how much pull the band should have on the first clasp, how tight the straps should be, how the wires should sit, because believe me, its a shock to the body once you know how a bra is meant to fit you properly.

When I bra shop online I tend to get 3 sizes - 34D, 32DD and 32E, so that I've got a good range of sister sizes to try on for comparison and make sure it fits. And always send it back if its not quite right. They're pricey, and to make you look and feel good, they have to fit perfectly. I don't care how cute it is (and believe me, I have to be disciplined at that too!!)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 24th January 2016, 9:04 pm

You'd be proud Charlii - yesterday I found the most gorgeous bra - it's a charchol coloured dkny 'custom fit' non wired bra. Took it into changing room and thought it fit like a glove. Called the fitter in who said it looked great. She then called her boss to check who immediately said it was too small. It was a 32d. I thought it looked an amazing fit and annoyingly they don't do any bigger than a d. So tempting to buy it anyway but I walked away!!! Still keep drawling over it online. I clearly have no idea what a good fit is! 

And BkozK - I'm going to Covent Garden bravissimo tomorrow so I'll let you know if it's worth the trip. Luckily it's during my work lunch break so no kids in tow! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 25th January 2016, 11:04 am

I can't find any nice non wired bras. Any recommendations xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 25th January 2016, 2:35 pm

I found a nice fit plain black one in triumph ( non wired) bit pricey. I struggled finding a non wired bra.

I think m and s do a good range of non wired. Xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 25th January 2016, 2:37 pm

Thanks I'll have a look. Xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 25th January 2016, 2:38 pm

Thanks Lucy, look forward to hearing about it.

I've been measured a couple of times, before BA and after so got a little idea. Also I've done your suggested measuring guide and will keep in mind sister cups when ordering. Think I may open a catalogue account just for bras so I don't have to pay up front. Thanks Charlii

Mrskelly, non wires aren't that pretty, fairly plain and basic. I do like the 2 pack from debenhams. Tesco do a non wired 2 pack. There both a bit like t-shirt bras xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 25th January 2016, 2:44 pm

Yes I agree, I found them all just plain and boring!!!! I think when you 1st buy a bra you want it all pretty and fancy, them days will come when you get the all clear for wires. Xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 25th January 2016, 3:10 pm

Yeah I've had a look everywhere and can't find anything so just going to hold out and not buy just for sake of it xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 25th January 2016, 5:39 pm

I disagree!! I've found heaps of lovely non wired ones!! They are keeping me happy for now! 

Go on bravissimo website and search under non wired or soft cup. I've got a gorgeous pink lacy non wired one I had fitted today. 

But best selection is figleaves. Again search non wired / soft cup - hundreds to choose from!! But mrskelly maybe wait until u get measured officially.

I got measures at bravissimo today - 30f. Don't think I quite believe them but bought a Freya deco non wired and the pink one in that size all the same! 

Real bras officially make me look like Jessica rabbit! Feel slightly paranoid! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 25th January 2016, 5:58 pm

Jessica rabbit!!! Wowzers Lucy Boobs
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 25th January 2016, 6:10 pm

I know - I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!! At the moment I'm laughing and embracing the big boobies but once I'm out of this macom (with is compressing them) I am expecting a few raised eyebrows and questioning looks as I do look rather different when in real bras. Those 375s have gone a long way :-/ Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 25th January 2016, 8:25 pm

Wow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 30F I hope my 375's go that far. I will shop around and not give up xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 25th January 2016, 10:01 pm

30f lovely. Buy charlii's guide I'm measuring at 28f but need a pro to confirm so got to get on with it. How did you gins Bravissimo? X
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 26th January 2016, 9:10 am

Wow Lucy 30f!!!!
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 26th January 2016, 9:11 am

Bravissimo were brilliant - very professional. Would definitely recommend them for a proper fitting!! The only thing is that it's hard to find bands below a 32 - might have to compromise sometimes I think! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 26th January 2016, 9:11 am

375 definitely went far. It's so great when we get measured. I was like are you sure :) xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 26th January 2016, 10:09 am

Oh that's a shame, I'm a 28 or 30. Have tried on 32 bands and they seem a bit big and ride up. Going to check out closest Boux Ave next week (taking the mother to keep an eye on little one so I can give it my full attention). Does anyone know if you need to book an appointment? X
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next