Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

4 weeks to go!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4 weeks to go!

Post by daisychain15 on 6th January 2016, 2:10 pm

Hi everyone, its nice to see you are all healing well and looking fab! 

It's now only 4 weeks until my opp, feels like I have been waiting a life time. I just wanted to ask, I have only met with my surgeon once and I am booked in for a 'pre-assessment' a week before my surgery.. will this be with the surgeon or a nurse? If it is just with a nurse then is it normal to only see your surgeon once before surgery, as I feel like it was ages ago that we met. 

Also, I don't really feel prepared with support bras and scar creams, washes etc.. what are the best recommendations for me to look at? Again if this will be dealt with in my pre-assessment then I will wait to see what my surgeon says.. however I don't want to be rushing a week before op trying to order things. Thanks :) xxx
daisychain15
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 weeks to go!

Post by BkozK on 6th January 2016, 2:55 pm

Pre assessment will prob be with nurse, I'm sure she'll advise you of washes and surgical bras if they don't supply one for you. I didn't use any special wash and only used coconut oil after op. I saw ps twice to confirm size and go over everything. Maybe get in touch and see if you can have another meet with him if you need to. Best of luck xx
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly on 6th January 2016, 3:05 pm

Hi daisychain - every clinic will have their own individual procedures so it's not a one size fits all deal. What's important is that you feel that your questions have been answered. You should feel confident that you and you PS are on the same page with regards to your expectations etc. If you don't or if it's been a while since your last meeting, I would definitely ask to see him/her again before the procedure. Even if it's just for a little reassurance. I saw my PS 3 times before my BA. It's your body!

Again every clinic is different, but my pre-op was done over the phone (I don't have any medical history that would cause concern), but many girls will have had there pre-op in person. I wouldn't think that your PS will be present at the pre-op but do check with the clinic.

Regarding bras, creams and all that malarkey, ask your clinic what they will provide and what you need to get yourself. I woke up in the bra, bindings and  strap that I needed for the first weeks and it was provided as part of my package. Some girls are asked to buy and take bras in with them. A clinic like the Spire will have a 'to do' list that they can send you so that you can get yourself prepared. Give them a call.

Oh lord, I didn't mean to write an essay!! All the best x.
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain15 on 6th January 2016, 3:12 pm

Thanks so much thats all very helpful! My only concern with asking for another meeting before surgery, is that I had to pay £150 for my initial consultation, and worried that I will have to pay that again if I want to see him. I guess I will only find that out by calling his secretary.. 

Thanks again x
daisychain15
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly on 6th January 2016, 3:42 pm

I didn't have to pay for any meetings with my PS after the first consultation. I'd be very surprised if they charged you to see him again. I'd be interested to know though.
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly on 6th January 2016, 4:17 pm

I was with spire and paid the £150 first consultation and asked to see him for a second consult and wasn't charged a second time. Just give them a call and if you feel you need to see your ps again then book to see him. x
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK on 6th January 2016, 6:12 pm

I was also with the spire, they chArge for first two consults but if you go ahead with surgery it seems they wave the second fee as I only paid for one. You have committed to the surgery I assume buy paying deposit or more so I doubt they would charge you. Defo ring and find out xx
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland on 6th January 2016, 6:47 pm

Well done booking your op. 4 weeks will flyby. I went for my consultation with the nurse then to see a surgeon I had to pay £500 which I did and I was so happy, now looking back I was naive!!! I didn't do my homework ( not that I would change anything ) looking on this forum you learn so much xx
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 on 6th January 2016, 9:15 pm

That's fab news you've booked!! Yay! Can't really add anything to what the others have said apart from I too went with a private surgeon - paid £150 for first visit and then basically have a free pass to see him whenever I want! I saw him 3 times before the surgery day. He was quite nice and good looking so thought I'd go back - haha!! Xx
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain15 on 6th January 2016, 9:53 pm

Thanks ladies :) I think I will just ring tomorrow and see if I can have one more appointment before I have my surgery. A part of me feels like there isn't really that much I want to say.. apart from asking about a support bra and how to look after my boobs after surgery. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] haha brilliant excuse, love it! xx
daisychain15
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly on 6th January 2016, 10:42 pm

You should get that information at your pre-op. My plastics nurse overloaded me with info. Ha ha xx
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top