Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

agreed to revision, but unsure

+14
blush89
muddypaws
Carrierowland
Twinky
9NDFp
Macromilly
Mammamia
anneritchley
kay-uk
emilysarahdodds
BkozK
Lucy106
mrskelly
Charlii
18 posters

Go down

agreed to revision, but unsure Empty agreed to revision, but unsure

Post by Charlii 28th November 2015, 1:27 pm

So I guess the positive to come from my appt is that I was taken seriously. The fact I'd been back a few times, its getting worse, I've done everything right, he agrees I need a revision. He took some measurements and had a good feel, and believes lefty is firmer than the right. He's saying cc, but I'm still not convinced, I still think it's not adhered properly. 

What's had me in tears is that I have to go smaller. He thinks the weight of the implant is causing the issues, and has recommended a 260. Max 280. He will not reolace like for like. He will do both though, as he wants to switch to the motiva, which has a different shell to encourage adhesion.

I'm just speechless and upset and I don't really know what to make of it. I never once considered theyd go smaller. I have a buttload of bras and none of them will fit! And if they're smaller, will I be in the same position when I started where they don't fit my body and I feel crap. Or if I go smaller will it make exercise easier and make my body fit them. 

The pcc was very reassuring, no real sales pitch. It would all be completely covered, as a day case in Dolan Park. Recovery would be easier because smaller and 2nd go. 

I've immediately called and left a message with Anthony Armstrong's clinic to get a second opinion. Right now I'm thinking let's see what a baaps says, if he agrees smaller will help I go with thg, if he thinks same size replace, I will pay for new 340s.

It just feels like such a gut punch right now
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

agreed to revision, but unsure Empty Re: agreed to revision, but unsure

Post by mrskelly 28th November 2015, 1:33 pm

Oh no I'm so sorry, not the news you was expecting but I think you are so right to go for a second opinion. Try and stay positive till then. I know it's easier said than done. Xx big hugs xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 28th November 2015, 2:06 pm

As I was reading your post I was thinking second opinion and then you've said that's what you will do. I think it's very important to get a 2nd opinion as if he does challenge what your surgeon has said you can either try arguing the point back to him but if that doesn't work maybe pay to go with a different surgeon.

I agree it does seem a kick in the teeth to go smaller now you are used to what you have but decision isn't final yet and it's definitely worth researching even if you ask a few diff surgeons. Odd he won't replace like for like as I'm sure other ladies have had cc and then gone even bigger!

big hugs xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 28th November 2015, 5:45 pm

Fingers crossed 2nd opinion says size is fine and that just a change of implant will do. What about the furry implants, they have the Velcro like coating, could that help? Xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th November 2015, 6:14 pm

I've literally just been talking with D about that...It might be another avenue to consider if Im looking to pay and start again. I think first things first I need to speak to Armstrong and see what his opinion is, and what he would offer to do. (I picked him because he's local, well qualified, and one of my old june buddies had him and hers looked amazing)
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 28th November 2015, 6:38 pm

Sorry to hear this lovely. Definitely go for the 2nd opinion and try not to get too down about things in the mean time, I know it's hard! Biggggg hugs xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 28th November 2015, 6:45 pm

Good idea on the second opinion.
I know it's not quite what you wanted to hear but at least they're listening and taking it seriously.
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 28th November 2015, 7:16 pm

Sorry to here that. I hope you get the implants you really want. Big hugs xxxxxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 28th November 2015, 7:32 pm

Sounds like a plan to start with. I've got all my fingers and ties crossed for you xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 28th November 2015, 11:15 pm

Great they took you seriously but I'm pleased you're getting another opinion. I would want to know exactly what the issue is....cc or adherence problem. If cc I can't see why size matters, so I would be considering paying to swap to furries to reduce risk and get the size I want. If adherence, then maybe a smaller implant makes sense (but I have nothing to base that on!). Wait until after your next appt and perhaps compare dimensions....will downsizing make a huge difference to the implant size? Might be worth seeing the figures.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th November 2015, 11:38 pm

I dug out the numbers this evening and the actual dimensions is a worry. It'll definitely be my next question after 2nd opinion. My current are 340cc, 11.25 diameter, 5.5 projection. The 280 he is suggesting as the largest is only 10 x 4.8, and the 260 is 9.25 x 4.6. The motiva in the same dimensions would be a 410cc. Not really sure how that works. But yes, I worry that they would be too slim for my bwd. 

In a more positive note, I just found that Armstrong also holds clinic in woking, about 15mins from work, so that'll help with the initial consultation. I won't have to worry about getting back to windsor in time, as the traffic is so unpredictable. Guess there's nothing to do but wait til Monday now to make an appt.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 29th November 2015, 12:37 am

Hey [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just wanted to send some good wishes your way. This must be upsetting, but most importantly,you're not being fobbed off. You'll find the right solution. All the best hun xx
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 29th November 2015, 8:38 am

Hey [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] my heart goes out to you. its a great plan to see Mr Armstrong and get his opinion. I can totally understand your shock at hearing you need to go smaller, it doesn't make sense to me, especially as you don't have currently have a huge size implant. Maybe go for more than one 'second opinion' and see one or two other reputational surgeons alongside Mr Armstrong so that you can try and get the full picture. It will be worth it to put your mind at rest re the next step. Big hugs to you. I hope we can all help to lift you as you have always done for us xxx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 29th November 2015, 10:39 am

Been 'shopping' about this morning, and looking at possible Adrian Richards too (no, I'm not picking these based on whose volunteered for this site, its just a coincidence...!) again, he's local to me, baaps, and rates quite highly. I think I he offers furries, but I'll find out when I ring his secretary tomorrow. Guess that's my lunch break all booked up!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 29th November 2015, 11:09 am

Good luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Again, good your getting taken serious but what a shock to be offered smaller implants. Think your being very sensible with the whole 2nd opinion..
Good Luck. Hipefuly you can get booked in with either or surgeons and see what they say.

Hope you can get sorted quickly. The rubbish thing here is ur in pain with it. So i hope its fixed fast for you x
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 29th November 2015, 6:37 pm

Oh poor you charlii

Let's hope you get this sorted. Defiantly a second opinion is on the cards. Xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 29th November 2015, 11:14 pm

So pleased your surgeon has finally seen the need to try and help fix your problems Charlii, but yes, i would be getting a second opinion from a baaps surgeon too. Hopefully they won't see the need for you to change size and you can challenge his decision. Fingers and toes crossed, and sending big hugs xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 30th November 2015, 10:30 am

Sorry to hear this Charlii, but I'm glad you are getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion. Wait till you've got feedback from a number of surgeons if you can before making any calls.

Everything crossed for you, all the best xxxxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by ScotsGirl78 30th November 2015, 4:01 pm

Sorry to hear you are down. Def go for that 2nd opinion though - then you'll be better placed to make a decision. And maybe a 3rd opinion if you need it. 

xx
ScotsGirl78
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 30th November 2015, 9:00 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues but it's good to hear you are able to get a revision. It's strange to be going smaller as wouldn't he have to close the pocket for that? If any Hong you'd expect the opposite to make it a tighter fit and more chance of adherence. As for cc it's seems doubtful 340cc would be anymore likely to have cc than a smaller implant.  What is proven to reduce the chances is implant coating and implant shape. I hope you get the answers you are looking for with these other surgeons. If it helps I felt hardly any pain at all with my revision surgeon with next to no swelling or bruising x
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Asorrell81 30th November 2015, 9:13 pm

Oh no Charlii, i didn't realise you were having issues, sorry to hear that! but at least you are being taken seriously and definitely get other opinions! keep us updated!
Asorrell81
Asorrell81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by chrystal867 9th December 2015, 1:16 pm

So sorry to hear this and hope you can stay the same size xxx
chrystal867
chrystal867
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346